Crysis Remastered (18 September 2020) OT

Mr.Vic20

• 2 weeks later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Crysis Remastered (18 September 2020) - Information Thread (Update: Official 8K Trailer)
  • Pikachu changed the title to Crysis Remastered (18 September 2020) OT
On 9/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, TwinIon said:

It's impressive in what they got out of current consoles. Still very interested in what they're going to push on the PC.

Well I guess it isn't that impressive... 

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.
WWW.FORBES.COM

The 13-year-old “can it run Crysis?” meme is coming back to haunt the series–because it sure seems like the Xbox One X can’t.

h8l1earoxdaalxqzoilm.jpg
GIZMODO.COM

What happens when you have a copy of Crysis: Remastered and Nvidia’s new RTX 3080 graphics card in your possession? You see if the RTX 3080 can run it, naturally. One of my hopes for Crysis: Remastered was that it would be just as punishing on PCs today as it was when originally released in 2007. Now that the game has been redone with new lighting, updated assets, ray traced reflections, 8K textures, and a bunch of...

That DF review is rather disappointing. Especially with the missing features, art changes, and the multithreaded performance. The multithreading is a bummer, but perhaps more understandable. That was a huge limitation of the original game, and I can imagine the difficulty of changing something that could be fundamental to the the architecture. Things like the decreased physics effects and volumetric lighting are things that I really expected them to fix for the PC version.

I don't really expect any of this to get fixed. I don't have a desperate need to play it right now, so I'll probably wait and see if anything gets better.

It looks like ass on the PS4 Pro.  Glitches and bad texture pop in everywhere. Draw distance is rough.  There are things I remember somehow almost looking better on the PS3, like the mountain/crag in the distance in the early portions of the game.  But overall I'm glad to have it. Hopefully a lot of this stuff can/will be patched over time.

• 2 months later...