The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: deleted Arkham Asylum scene released

So Reeves is sticking with "The Batman" as the title, or is it just a placeholder? I know it's what Ben Affleck was going to call it back when he was writing and directing it, but I thought Reeves would have changed the title a bit to suit his story. 

It's a good title though. Nice and simple. It's what I'd go with if I was rebooting the Batman series. 

3 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Sad Boy in Leather

Latex, Limos, & Laughter

Rubber & Spandex 

Nocturnal Justice

The Flying Rodent Man

The Assassination of Thomas Wayne by the Coward Joe Chil

Batman or: How I Learned to Stop Hating and Love the Night

Batman = Night + Vengeance

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, johnny said:

You know what’s stupid? A crime fighting mask with bat ears. But we’ve accepted that. 

Yeah except with good in-universe explanations we can justify it and suspend our disbelief. Bruce hates guns, so using the one that killed his parents in any way just seems silly, even if it was something from the comics at one point. 

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

Yeah except with good in-universe explanations we can justify it and suspend our disbelief. Bruce hates guns, so using the one that killed his parents in any way just seems silly, even if it was something from the comics at one point. 

He’s not really using the gun. It’s part of his costume as far as I can tell. Even if he did use those as some kind of gun I wouldn’t really care. I also don’t care if Batman kills people which a lot of people do seem to have a problem with. 

31 minutes ago, Brick said:

One could say that melting the guns down and using it towards a purpose of his own was a sort of redemption for him and makes him feel empowered because of it.

45 minutes ago, johnny said:

He’s not really using the gun. It’s part of his costume as far as I can tell. Even if he did use those as some kind of gun I wouldn’t really care. I also don’t care if Batman kills people which a lot of people do seem to have a problem with. 

"Using the gun in any way" ie using it to be the bat symbol on his chest. 

5 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

You're all complaining about Bruce Wayne using the gun for symbolic purposes silly, but having Henry Cavill explain what the S meant isn't?

I actually don't have a problem with the gun or any of that. However, if it means we have to watch Batman's parents be killed again for the upteenth time, I will flip a table.

There is an argument to be made that since this has rebooting the franchise, and it will be someone's first introduction to Batman, they'll need to learn the backstory and learn about his parents' murder. Not that I think they will do it again of course. You can explain what happened without showing it. 

• Guillotine 1

49 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I actually don't have a problem with the gun or any of that. However, if it means we have to watch Batman's parents be killed again for the upteenth time, I will flip a table.

Then just laugh at it.  Because it just becomes comedy the more you see something tragic.