The Batman (04 March 2022) - Information Thread, update: deleted Arkham Asylum scene released

16 hours ago, legend said:

Seems like everyone likes it, but for some reason it did nothing for me. Maybe I'm tired of rebooting Batman, or maybe it's just my mood right now. But at the moment, meh.

This one does look good, but I'm also right there with you. Batman's entire ensemble feels so huge, but the movies barely scratch the surface thanks to the constant reboots. As a result, the whole Batman movie world feels so tiny. Who cares if they have to recast the character. I'm sure audiences can keep up.

I don't have a particular reason for it, but I don't really feel that excited by this reboot. Maybe it's because we've seen a lot of batmen over the years. Maybe it's because this doesn't feel like an entirely fresh take. Maybe it's just the trailers. I'm happy with the people making it, but I'm just not getting excited.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:48 AM, LazyPiranha said:

I dunno, I’m interested in seeing the movie but that trailer is just a mess.  I haven’t the slightest clue what this movie is about outside of the broadest possible strokes, and I’m sorry but that perfect question mark in the latte foam is the corniest shit since the Batman credit card. 

Was I the only one who had to turn on subtitle to figure out what he said when he punched the glass?

I had to as well.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The latest speculation is that the person in the prison cell at the end of the trailer whose dialogue we hear is

Reveal hidden contents

Sounds like the samw voice throughout the trailer to me which I assume

Spoiler

Is Paul Dano's Riddler

It looks ok and I'm definitely going to see it but... Frank Miller Batman again? I would love to see a big screen take on Grant Morrison's take on the character if we're going to keep getting Batman movies every couple of years. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Trailer and Discussion Thread, update: Japanese Trailer

The only rumour/speculation I heard is that the trailer has a picture in the background of one of the shots which in its own background looks like it has a huge grin in it, therefore hinting at Joker. Seems like a stretch. 

People are also speculating that Barry Keoghan's character is going to be The Joker. As much as I love The Joker and am interested in seeing what Reeves's take would be like, I actually don't want to see it right away. Save the character for later, and let's focus on some other Batman villains for a while, and work our way up to Joker. Hell Reeves has said, I think, he likes the Court of Owls, so they could be the villains of the sequel. Don't just do Nolan again and hint at Joker at the end, and have him be the villain in movie 2. I could see this movie ending with Batman stopping a robbery in progress at a chemical plant, and The Red Hood falls into a vat... 

On 12/20/2021 at 1:52 AM, Brick said:

I could see this movie ending with Batman stopping a robbery in progress at a chemical plant, and The Red Hood falls into a vat... 

As a post-credits scene, that would be truly phenomenal! Wouldn't even necessarily have to then lead into Joker in the sequel, he'll just appear in the 3rd fully formed then!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Trailer and Discussion Thread, update: "The Bat and the Cat" trailer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Batman (04 March 2022) - Trailer and Discussion Thread, update: "The Riddler" revealed