First official photo from the new Terminator movie

Wild

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

T1 is fantastic. T2 has great action scenes, but it’s not a great movie. I think T3 actually has a more interesting story than T2 but is clunky to say the least. We don’t need to talk about the rest.

T2 is one of the greatest action movies of all time, and one of the few times a sequel has outdone its predecessor in every way.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Reputator said:

T2 is one of the greatest action movies of all time, and one of the few times a sequel has outdone its predecessor in every way.

It is sooooooooo dumb.

1 hour ago, number305 said:

Ha.  

I'm glad they are making movies for you these days.  Hope you are enjoying them.  No one else is.

I love good movies with women in predominant roles.  I hate moves that start off with we have to do X (in this case have an all women cast) and then try to shoehorn a story around whatever decision X is.  

and you know that's what happened with this movie, how exactly? Oh and Mad Max says hellooooooooo!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, number305 said:

Ha.  

I'm glad they are making movies for you these days.  Hope you are enjoying them.  No one else is.

I love good movies with women in predominant roles.  I hate moves that start off with we have to do X (in this case have an all women cast) and then try to shoehorn a story around whatever decision X is.  

We get it you don’t like women

1 hour ago, Reputator said:

T2 is indeed one of the greatest action movies of all time and very much outdoes its predecessor in every way.

It's just not necessarily a better film.

I compare the relationship between T1 and T2 in the same way as I compare The Raid 1 and The Raid 2:  these are cases where "more" isn't necessarily "better".  For me, there is a "focused leanness" in both T1 and The Raid 1 due to budget constraints that's simply  not there in T2 or The Raid 2.  In both T1 and The Raid 1, there is no "fat", nothing extraneous to draw the focus of the characters and the audience away from the onscreen action.  The audience -- like the characters -- is present in the "here and now" of the events as they unfold in practically "real time".  Another film that contains this type of focus is Mad Max: Fury Road, for example.  Everything that's not directly related to the onscreen events is stripped away to leave only the barest of narratives upon which to hang the film.  And it works magnificently!

But for me, the factor the elevates T1 above T2 is the practically metaphysical cosmic horror of the T-800 itself.  When I describe T1 as a one of the best horror films ever made, it's the T-800 that makes it so.  The T-800 in T1 is an absolutely unforgiving, absolutely relentless, absolutely unreasoning force of brutality and violence.  It's both primal and calculating in a way that is almost impossible for the human mind to comprehend.  It is the technological incarnation of both man's follies and greatest achievements.  The T-800 is Mike Meyers, Freddie Krueger, and Jason Voorhees combined in an infinitely more frightening package because it represents a possible future that we could very well create inadvertently. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

T2 is indeed one of the greatest action movies of all time and very much outdoes its predecessor in every way.

I compare the relationship between T1 and T2 in the same way as I compare The Raid 1 and The Raid 2:  these are cases where "more" isn't necessarily "better".  For me, there is a "focused leanness" in both T1 and The Raid 1 due to budget constraints that's simply  not there in T2 or The Raid 2.  In both T1 and The Raid 1, there is no "fat", nothing extraneous to draw the focus of the characters and the audience away from the onscreen action.  The audience -- like the characters -- is present in the "here and now" of the events as they unfold in practically "real time".  Another film that contains this type of focus is Mad Max: Fury Road, for example.  Everything that's not directly related to the onscreen events is stripped away to leave only the barest of narratives upon which to hang the film.  And it works magnificently!

But for me, the factor the elevates T1 above T2 is the sheer cosmic horror of the T-800 itself.  When I describe T1 as a one of the best horror films ever made, it's the T-800 that makes it so.  The T-800 in T1 is an absolutely unforgiving, absolutely relentless, absolutely unreasoning force of nature.  It's both primal and calculating in a way that is almost impossible for the human mind to comprehend.  It is the technological incarnation of both man's follies and greatest achievements.  The T-800 is Mike Meyers, Freddie Krueger, and Jason Voorhees combined in an infinitely more frightening package because it represents a possible future that we could very well create inadvertently. 

It isn't necessary that "more is better". It's that T2 takes what was essentially a horror movie icon as you describe and turns it completely on its head. I think the concept and especially the execution of that simple idea is brilliant.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

and you know that's what happened with this movie, how exactly? Oh and Mad Max says hellooooooooo!

Mad Max was a good looking movie, but honestly I don't love it. I do like Shape of water, and Alien. Two quick examples of female led movies I appreciate. 

21 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

But for me, the factor the elevates T1 above T2 is the practically metaphysical cosmic horror of the T-800 itself.  When I describe T1 as a one of the best horror films ever made, it's the T-800 that makes it so.  The T-800 in T1 is an absolutely unforgiving, absolutely relentless, absolutely unreasoning force of brutality and violence.  It's both primal and calculating in a way that is almost impossible for the human mind to comprehend.  It is the technological incarnation of both man's follies and greatest achievements.  The T-800 is Mike Meyers, Freddie Krueger, and Jason Voorhees combined in an infinitely more frightening package because it represents a possible future that we could very well create inadvertently. 

The script for the Raid 2 was originally for an entirely different movie and the producers were... forced to make it a Raid sequel after the success of the first movie. So the director basically shoehorned in elements to tie the two movies together. THAT'S why The Raid 2 "feels fat" compared to the first film... it was never supposed to be connected to the first movie. And while I also place the original Terminator film over the second film, it's mostly due to tone... The first film was indeed a horror film while the second is more of straight up action movie. However there's nothing "Fat" about T-2... that film moves from start to finish and the weakest thing about it is Edward Furlong as John Connor. There's a reason why that film is often cited as one of the best action films ever made.

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But he can turn his body into sharp blades and poke out people's eyes. That's a lot scarier than getting brutally beaten.

For me, the T-800 represents a raw, physical malevolence that isn't quite there in the T-1000.

Put another way, your death at the hands of the T-1000 will be pretty damned quick and quite clean so you more than likely won't feel that much (if any) pain.  Your death at the hands of the far less "refined", far less "efficient" T-800 will take somewhat longer and potentially with a lot more pain.

The T-1000 is a scalpel.  The T-800 is a bludgeon. 

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

Put another way, your death at the hands of the T-1000 will be pretty damned quick and quite clean so you more than likely won't feel that much (if any) pain.  Your death at the hands of the far less "refined" T-800 will take somewhat longer and potentially with a lot more pain.

Getting your limbs crushed and whatnot would be a lot quicker. No way you could maintain consciousness from that kind of damage.

On the other hand calculated cuts can last you a long period of time.

This board is sometimes too damn much. 

What's next? Raiders is pedestrian & A Good Day to Die Hard is better than the original?

Oooh, wait--The Happening is M. Night's masterpiece!

GTFO with shitty wrong opinions. T2>>>>>T1, which is spectacular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I seriously couldn't tell if the person in the middle of the promo shot was a man or woman until I read a few posts in the thread. Not a good first impression here. And Linda Hamilton looked pretty bad ass in those set photos of her a few weeks back but here she looks like hunched over angry old lady in the promo shot. Bad pose or bad angle or something. 

54 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

The Happening is a masterpiece, I've never seen such an incredible steaming pile of crap

Personally I didn't think it lived up to the hype of being super terrible. In fact a lot of it was intentional, the style it was going for. See worse movies. (Actually you have and you like them. :o )

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Personally I didn't think it lived up to the hype of being super terrible. In fact a lot of it was intentional, the style it was going for. See worse movies. (Actually you have and you like them. :o )

Yes I suppose I have seen worse movies, but The Happening is pure crap and absolutely boring. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, number305 said:

Ha.  

so how many movies have done this?  Ghostbusters, yeah but what else?  Mad Max, I guess?  And no, star wars didn't do this.