First official photo from the new Terminator movie

Wild

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Is the person in the middle supposed to be John Conner?

Joanna Conner...john figured the terminators were looking for a guy so how better to hide in plain sight?!? 

I hate to judge a movie based on a single still shot, but holy hell, WTF? Did they really think that was going to make people excited? It may turn out to be a good movie, but based solely on that pic I say they should have let the series die. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, number305 said:

I was really looking forward to this.  I even was defending it in a previous thread... but man.  That is a bad promo shot.  

They went full Ghostbusters.  Never go full Ghostbusters.

This is not a reboot and it has the original two leads. How exactly is this "going full Ghostbusters"?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I have absolutely zero idea who she is.

She's the one chick (the prostitute) from Blade Runner 2049. She was one of the main stars of the AMC TV show Halt and Catch Fire. She was in The Martian and the hit Black Mirror episode San Junipero.

Even if someone doesn't know who she is, she's always been a woman and not transgender. Some posts in here seem to be confused on that. :p 

This shot is not great, but Mackenzie Davis is legit great. She was good in Halt and Catch Fire, great in the best episode of Black Mirror, and excellent in both Blade Runner 2049 and Tully.

Still, this franchise is terrible and should have been permanently retired after the second one.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Even if someone doesn't know who she is, she's always been a woman and not transgender. Some posts in here seem to be confused on that. :p 

You mean a bunch of basic dudes on the internet have basic ideas about gender identity? NOWAI

That said this is a Terminator movie released after 1991 so the odds of it being good are slim.

• Haha 1

T1 is fantastic. T2 has great action scenes, but it’s not a great movie. I think T3 actually has a more interesting story than T2 but is clunky to say the least. We don’t need to talk about the rest.

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

There are women in the promo shot. There were women in Ghostbusters. That it literally all that it takes to trigger men.

Ha.  

I'm glad they are making movies for you these days.  Hope you are enjoying them.  No one else is.

I love good movies with women in predominant roles.  I hate moves that start off with we have to do X (in this case have an all women cast) and then try to shoehorn a story around whatever decision X is.