Shut down Social Media (except D1P, naturally), update: Facebook to shut down its facial recognition program

7CF1506A_B241_40D9_9565_05E4C77C2DC7.jpe
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The whistleblower made numerous bombshell allegations to 60 Minutes

The whistleblower behind the leak of an enormous cache of Facebook documents to the Wall Street Journal, Frances Haugen, went public on 60 Minutes on Sunday, revealing more of the inner workings the most powerful social media platform in the world. Revealing her identity on national television, Haugen described a company so committed to product optimization that it embraced algorithms that amplify hate speech.

“It’s paying for its profits with our safety,” Haugen told 60 Minutes host Scott Pelley.

According to a since deleted LinkedIn profile Haugen was a product manager at Facebook assigned to the Civic Integretity group. She chose to leave the company in 2021 after the dissolving of the group. She said she didn’t “trust that they’re willing to invest what actually needs to be invested to keep Facebook from being dangerous.

On 10/1/2021 at 4:47 PM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Posting a clip of Blumenthal reading a statement written by his staff as proof he did know what a Finsta was is amusing. He quite clearly was confused when he had to go off script. It wasn’t just one bad question, he couldn’t even understand what the FB employee was saying in response because the underlying premise he held was completely incorrect!

17 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Former employee is set to air her claims and reveal her identity in an interview airing Sunday night on CBS 60 Minutes

This may be the least surprising headline of the year. I deleted my Facebook back in February, because it was quite clear it had become a right-wing boomer platform. I have no doubt it's only gotten worse since then.

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:
mark-zuckerberg-qanon-1004211.jpg
WWW.SALON.COM

Lies are profitable on social media because millions want to be radicalized

Kudos to whoever came up with that graphic. :clap:

45 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

Ehhh.  The joke was great.  Then someone tried to add to it. Never works out

That's my mama! :]

On 9/23/2021 at 12:07 AM, Fizzzzle said:

Scientists:

4 years of undergrad

multiple years of grad school

PhD or MD

Years and years of research

Say "you should get the vaccine, it's fine."

Your stupid cousin on facebook:

"I need to do my own research first."

Sorry cousin, I didn't know you were planning on spending the next 10 years of your life dedicating all of your time studying vaccines and conducting studies verified by peer review.

Last time I brought up how fucking stupid that line of logic is, the person asked me what peer review was.

It's getting exhausting.

My girlfriend is a 4th year med student about to enter residency and is told at least several times per week by patients that they do their own research and what does she know anyway, she isn't even a doctor yet.