What are the decent tablets these days?

I have a Samsung Tab S 10.5  that ive had for around 4ish years and its starting to die and not hold charge and slowing down etc.

what are some decent tablets these days in a $350 or less range around the same screen size.  I mainly just use it to surf the web and youtube and stuff when im laying in bed.  Dont want an ipad.

12 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

I have a Samsung Tab S 10.5  that ive had for around 4ish years and its starting to die and not hold charge and slowing down etc.

what are some decent tablets these days in a $350 or less range around the same screen size.  I mainly just use it to surf the web and youtube and stuff when im laying in bed.  Dont want an ipad.

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Inch-Tablet-32GB-Black/dp/B01J6RPGKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533134889&sr=8-1&keywords=fire+hd+10

I like the Fire HD 10 which replaced my Nexus 7.

50 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

The one thing you don’t want

This. As someone very heavily invested in Google's ecosystem and primarily uses a windows PC, there still just isn't a great reason to avoid the iPad. It's just a class above the competition. I have some hope that Chromebook tablets will become a real challenger, but that's a few years away at least. The amount of quality tablet ready software on the iPad is just categorically different than with Android tablets.

When I want a cheapo tablet the fire line is good, and you can find Samsung Galaxy Tabs under $200 which are solid

personally since PC's finally got the tablet features right and now do so under $400 it's a tough sell for me to go back to normal tablets

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-go/8v9dp4lnknsz?ocid=announce_ema_omc_sur_go_e3_engagers_mod1&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

5 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I didn't know you could install Google Play Services on it.

FireOS is merely Android customized by Amazon, so it's not hard to add back what they deliberately don't include..  I guess Amazon and Google had a falling out or Amazon wants you to rely solely on their App Store.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, Dre801 said:

FireOS is merely Android customized by Amazon, so it's not hard to add back what they deliberately don't include..  I guess Amazon and Google had a falling out or Amazon wants you to rely solely on their App Store.

I tried doing that and I couldn't get the app to work. It just instantly crashes every time I try to use it.