ZOTAC GeForce RTX 30 GPUs: 3090 - $1,399/3080 -$799/3070 - $599/3060 - $399

45 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

There is a new rumor out that the 16GB big Navi will be 550USD originally to be 599USD. I am probably just gonna go Nvidia unless I can't find a 3080 or 3090 but can find a Big Navi.

The rumors are about 25% faster then a 2080Ti for Big Navi and I rather spend the 250 dollars more and be 60%ish faster then a 2080Ti.

I plan on sticking it out with my vega 64 and 5700xt until rdna 3 and NVIDIA’s next after this. I don’t really need more power for now. When I do upgrade, I’m going to go big and stick with 1440p for more fps. 

5 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I plan on sticking it out with my vega 64 and 5700xt until rdna 3 and NVIDIA’s next after this. I don’t really need more power for now. When I do upgrade, I’m going to go big and stick with 1440p for more fps. 

I have an ultrawide monitor now whe the 5700XT serves me well I do want more power. I forgot my model but it's basically the Samsung G9 but last years model so only 120Hz. I mainly play Paradox games but definately want a strong card for Warhammer TW. I haven't purchased Control yet because I am worried about how it will run. I'd wait for big navi as well if it's close enough to a 3080. My heart wants the 3090 but realistically it's a poor value.

14 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I have an ultrawide monitor now whe the 5700XT serves me well I do want more power. I forgot my model but it's basically the Samsung G9 but last years model so only 120Hz. I mainly play Paradox games but definately want a strong card for Warhammer TW. I haven't purchased Control yet because I am worried about how it will run. I'd wait for big navi as well if it's close enough to a 3080. My heart wants the 3090 but realistically it's a poor value.

I’ll be shocked if big Navi is as good as a 3080. AMD has pulled off some crazy things so I wouldn’t rule it out. 

35 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I’ll send you my 2080ti when I upgrade to the 3090

3 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

There is a new rumor out that the 16GB big Navi will be 550USD originally to be 599USD. I am probably just gonna go Nvidia unless I can't find a 3080 or 3090 but can find a Big Navi.

The rumors are about 25% faster then a 2080Ti for Big Navi and I rather spend the 250 dollars more and be 60%ish faster then a 2080Ti.

So basically in between a 3070 and 3080... but no DLSS and the question of hardware ray tracing (and the unknown performance hit vs the RTX performance hit)... which means nVidia will just release a 3070 Ti to combat it for $550-600.

So if I just want to be able to play games that come out for the next few years, and I'm not that concerned with all the bells and whistles, I should probably wait for the 3060, correct? If it would help me ignore the next generation of consoles, I might be able to justify the 3070. 

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

So if I just want to be able to play games that come out for the next few years, and I'm not that concerned with all the bells and whistles, I should probably wait for the 3060, correct? If it would help me ignore the next generation of consoles, I might be able to justify the 3070. 

Just get a current gen card that someone is dumping for cheap if you don’t care about graphics quality or effects

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

What resolution do you game in? Does 60FPS matter to you? overall @Spork3245 point is a good one and will probably address your needs for years to come, but if you are gaming at 1080P and don't care about things like ray tracing, then even a 1080ti should serve you well. 

I have a 1080p monitor, and I sometimes play on my TV, which is really cheap but is theoretically 4K and supports HDR. 

I guess I shouldn’t say that I don’t care at all about performance, but let’s take Cyberpunk for example. I just want to be able to play it solidly without problems, which I suppose includes 60FPS. What I’m not concerned with is 60FPS at ultra high settings with whatever the latest optional shiny thing is (I guess this is ray tracing - something I’ve largely ignored).

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I have a 1080p monitor, and I sometimes play on my TV, which is really cheap but is theoretically 4K and supports HDR. 

I guess I shouldn’t say that I don’t care at all about performance, but let’s take Cyberpunk for example. I just want to be able to play it solidly without problems, which I suppose includes 60FPS. What I’m not concerned with is 60FPS at ultra high settings with whatever the latest optional shiny thing is (I guess this is ray tracing - something I’ve largely ignored).

A 2080 Ti should do fine at Ultra settings and 60fps in Cyberpunk and many future games at just 1080p. It should hold 4k at medium-high settings for awhile. It really comes down to how much you want to spend - what’s your budget?

29 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I think a 980. And my CPU is a Ryzen 5 1600. 

I think you need a full upgrade :p 

For GPU, it’s likely going to be very difficult to get a 30XX card for awhile. It might be best to wait for when AMD’s new card releases and nVidia drops a 3060 Ti & 3070 Ti in retaliation. Alternatively, if you want something better for Cyberpunk, a 2080 Super or 2080 Ti now, IMO, would last you years for 1080p gaming.

• 4 months later...

Boy the damn fire that took our house and town and everything we ever owned sucked ballz. 

That said, I had just gotten to the point where I was able to just give my oldrr computer components to those in need. I always just gave and never asked for anything. It felt good. I hear so many here that would be so greatful for these parts.

I've built my own pcs now well over 20 years and I love it. Though now I'm far from in any boat where I could donate said pards sadly anymore. Lucky to even have a roof over our heads. I'm only saying this to point out how awesome these board is with its pc enthusiast and there willingness to just give fir the sake of giving.

Over the years I too had given many items and I miss it so much. If I still had my boxes of PC GPUs and CPUs and consoles and the like. I would gladly help these guys, i only wishbone could! Good luck on your builds and upgrades, Master Racers Rejoice!

• Like 1

Makes my cry (all-b-it inside...lol) everytime I think or see these cards (on paper...lol) and their costs! Although I LOVE MY  Zotec 2080Ti and haven't been hurt by the performance this beast of a card delivers...it was frikk'in 1199.99! Those 3080s are drool worthy. Honestly for the performance the 3090 really shockingly doesn't interest me. What a sweet bunch of cards these are. I'm sure the xbox series x and ps5 are nice, not that I can ever catch them  online either though...

• 2 weeks later...