'Roseanne' spinoff 'The Conners' will premiere in the fall without Roseanne Barr

14 hours ago, johnny said:

Don’t kill off Roseanne. Just have her recovering from knee surgery in her room the whole season. 

Ha.

Just have it be like Howard's mother. Her part in the series is just shouting stuff from her room and never on camera.

And have her voiced by Rosey O'Donnell :lol:

which would be perfect because.....

1. Judging from Rosey's voice, she could probably do a fairly good impression.

2. It would drive Trump and his followers nuts to replace Roseanne Barr with Rosey O'Donnell.

3. Here name is even Rosey! :p

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Season 2 started this week.

I'll be watching. I was glad to hear they increased the episode count to 19 and Katey Segal is going to be on 10 of them. As well as David coming back for 2 or 3 episodes.

I really like that they brought Segal on. For original fans of Roseanne, who were also probably also fans of Married With Children at the time, I feel like it's a cool wink to fans that if they're going to replace Roseanne with anyone, Peg Bundy is a pretty good choice. Though, so far, her character has been much less overbearing than Roseanne or Peggy.

50 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I'll be watching. I was glad to hear they increased the episode count to 19 and Katey Segal is going to be on 10 of them. As well as David coming back for 2 or 3 episodes.

I really like that they brought Segal on. For original fans of Roseanne, who were also probably also fans of Married With Children at the time, I feel like it's a cool wink to fans that if they're going to replace Roseanne with anyone, Peg Bundy is a pretty good choice. Though, so far, her character has been much less overbearing than Roseanne or Peggy.

How has The Conners been so far?

Too bad should couldn’t just play Peggy being that both shows were set in Chicago if I’m not mistaken. Although I wonder if the long rumoured revive of Married with Children could still happen with Modern Family coming to an end this year. Believe they said they were all game for it but would focus more on Bud and his family problems 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Season 3 recently started!

Two decent episodes so far.

Interesting that they appear to be doing the thing where their live studio audience is comprised of how many laughs they can get out of the crew.

I don't think anyone would have blamed them for using a laugh track, all things considered.....

• 11 months later...