Update: RIP in Peace, Raised by Wolves

On 10/1/2020 at 10:54 PM, Emperor Diocletian II said:

After watching 10 episodes of this show, I still have no damned idea if it's actually any good or if I even "like" it.

However, I find it incredibly compelling and I'm very much interested in seeing the next season!

Pretty much where I still am too! Bring on season 2... I think!

• Haha 1

Some post-mortems of the season finale (spoilers, naturally!)

raised-by-wolves_1.jpg
COLLIDER.COM

Raised by Wolves showrunner Aaron Guzikowski breaks down the finale of the HBO Max sci-fi series and answers burning questions about that baby.

raised-wolves-finale.jpg
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"Raised By Wolves" has now aired its season finale, and showrunner Aaron Guzikowski has spoken to Newsweek about what that Mother and Father cliffhanger means.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Raised By Wolves - Season 2 (05 February 2022, HBO Max) - Official Teaser Trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Raised By Wolves - Season 2 (3 February 2022, HBO Max) - Official Teaser Trailer
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:54 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

After watching 10 episodes of this show, I still have no damned idea if it's actually any good or if I even "like" it.

However, I find it incredibly compelling and I'm very much interested in seeing the next season!

After watching the first two episodes of the second season, I can safely say that the opinion that I expressed above at the end of the first season hasn't changed at all :p

Things have definitely kicked up a notch this season!

• True 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Anyone else still watching? I'd fallen behind but am all caught up now for Thursday's season finale - has this been renewed for a season 3 yet? Show gets more and more interesting and strange - the make up effects work on the robots is outstanding.

I'm still watching, but I think I'm ready for it to be over.

The weirdness has just gotten to the point of where it seems like it exists for its own sake without any discernible purpose.  That might change for the  finale, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I haven't heard that it's been renewed for a third season.

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm still watching, but I think I'm ready for it to be over.

The weirdness has just gotten to the point of where it seems like it exists for its own sake without any discernible purpose.  That might change for the  finale, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I haven't heard that it's been renewed for a third season.

I mean, there's certainly some strong allegory with a snake eating a tree of knowledge, and Grandmother from the old Mithraic ancient human civilization dropped some good backstory tidbits, though I do agree with you we sometimes are losing the characters to the atmosphere and lore. Let's see what the season finale does, I think if we get some straight answers to make sense of the hard to piece together weirdness I'm still game.

Clearly there is an entity/signal that wants to destroy Kepler and humans, but we don't know why. It infected Mother's memories and body to 3D print a baby snake for some purpose. It then uses Marcus, Sue, and Paul to get the old relic with the seed, to unlock it and grow the tree, which the snake (also working for the signal) then eats. We're still not sure what the fruit from the tree does if you eat it. The way the seed box was opened was quite convenient, and I wonder how much is being planned by the signal and how much is just pure luck/coincidence, that's where I have issue with the story. Hoping it all comes together.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, there's certainly some strong allegory with a snake eating a tree of knowledge, and Grandmother from the old Mithraic ancient human civilization dropped some good backstory tidbits, though I do agree with you we sometimes are losing the characters to the atmosphere and lore. Let's see what the season finale does, I think if we get some straight answers to make sense of the hard to piece together weirdness I'm still game.

Clearly there is an entity/signal that wants to destroy Kepler and humans, but we don't know why. It infected Mother's memories and body to 3D print a baby snake for some purpose. It then uses Marcus, Sue, and Paul to get the old relic with the seed, to unlock it and grow the tree, which the snake (also working for the signal) then eats. We're still not sure what the fruit from the tree does if you eat it. The way the seed box was opened was quite convenient, and I wonder how much is being planned by the signal and how much is just pure luck/coincidence, that's where I have issue with the story. Hoping it all comes together.

I REALLY can't see how it can possibly all come together in one more episode (assuming that's all there is) and its resolution be even remotely satisfying.  It's just far too much!

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I REALLY can't see how it can possibly all come together in one more episode (assuming that's all there is) and its resolution be even remotely satisfying.  It's just far too much!

Oh agreed, I meant come together for a season finale, no way they can tie the whole show up for a series finale, definitely still too much out there. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Raised by Wolves likely cancelled at HBO
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: (Likely) RIP in Peace, Raised by Wolves