Liberal Judge legislates from the bench and blocks the release of blueprints for 3D-printed guns

I'm not sure what's supposed to be so crazy about this. Since it's not done going through the appeals process, the judge is right that it would be too late to put the cat back in the bad if the plans were allowed to be released now and down the road it was decided that they shouldn't have been.

The only crazy part is that I don't see this SCOTUS ruling against the guy/company so the main argument I see here is that he's simply delaying a very obviously inevitable outcome.

So it turns out Defense Distributed had already uploaded a bunch of their files, so I'm more inclined to call this overreach considering this is basically a "can't let the cat out of the bag" ruling order that's coming after the cat's already been let out of the bag.

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Even if the cat wasn't let out of the bag, it would STILL be overreach.

If I can buy The Anarchist Cookbook or check it out from the library, then there is absolutely zero reason to not allow me to download these schematics.

I agree that this is a very straightforward First Amendment decision, and I agree that The Anarchist Cookbook is a great case-in-point of why, but I feel like unless you think the judge was just outright acting in bad faith that the only reason he didn't make the mechanically correct decision for the circumstances is the fact that it's based on keeping the cat in the bag while this works its way through the courts even though the cat is already out of the bag.