The Nintendo Lego set is out today and it looks amazing

elbobo

9 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

that's not even one of their expensive sets

Exactly. Circa 2004 I was ready to deploy and took my son out guilt shopping for the Millennium Falcon set (Which he amazingly still has in one piece). It was like 600$ If I remember correctly. It’s insanity. 

I love putting together lego though, helps me zone out when I am stressed. Im definitely gonna order this when I find it back in stock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Exactly. Circa 2004 I was ready to deploy and took my son out guilt shopping for the Millennium Falcon set (Which he amazingly still has in one piece). It was like 600$ If I remember correctly. It’s insanity. 

I love putting together lego though, helps me zone out when I am stressed. Im definitely gonna order this when I find it back in stock.

over the years they've done 3 falcon sets I believe...with a 4th one coming out soon The Galaxy Edge set. I think the cheapest was 200, then there was a 400 set, and then there was an insane set that was 800. I love legos and have bought my cousins dozens of sets (most of them I've had to put together lol) but I am always amazed at the cost for little pieces of plastic. 

edit: I was wrong...just looked it up and appearantly there have been 6! Falcon sets over the years 

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 11:33 AM, chakoo said:

Yeah lego has been expensive for years. I really want this set but there are so many other things I want to buy this year over this. I really look forward to the custom nes replacements/kits people make for other games.

If you can get it. As our resident collector I encourage anyone that even kinda sorta wants this to get it so long as they can see themselves building it. The Lego 2nd hand market is really expensive. I have a fair few kits I want to get but they all go for 2x plus MSRP. 

I will wait on this a bit though. I have 125 in gift cards saved up and hopefully will get another 100 dollars available next month to get the UCS A-Wing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

If you can get it. As our resident collector I encourage anyone that even kinda sorta wants this to get it so long as they can see themselves building it. The Lego 2nd hand market is really expensive. I have a fair few kits I want to get but they all go for 2x plus MSRP. 

I will wait on this a bit though. I have 125 in gift cards saved up and hopefully will get another 100 dollars available next month to get the UCS A-Wing.

I'm still ok atm. I've got other expensive lego sets around and like I said there are tons of expensive things out this year and a few I want far more than this. :) My cofounder at work on the other hand already bought one and was shocked at the thickness of the manuals (and he too is an AFOL).

Yeah, the good news is LEGOs hold their value like crazy. You can buy this set, and if you keep the box and everything in good condition you can be sure that at the very minimum, you can sell it down the road and break even. More likely you will make money, even if you open it.