[First Manafort trial] Manafort pleads guilty to two of seven charges in second case

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Has he already pled guilty to the state portion? Because remember that New York still has that law on the books where they won't prosecute you for something the feds have already pardoned you on.

No, he hasn't pled guilty to the state crime, but he has pled guilty to crimes for which the state could go after him and, I beleive, his guilty plea can be used against him.

I am not sure about the minutiae of state laws, though.

Gonna copy-paste what @CayceG said in my stand-alone thread of the plea deal (the thread title here needs to be updated):

The property subject to forfeiture by PAUL J. MANAFORT, JR., includes, but is not limited to, the following listed assets:

a. The real property and premises commonly known as 377 Union Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231 (Block 429, Lot 65), including all appurtenances, improvements, and attachments thereon, and any property traceable thereto;

b. The real property and premises commonly known as 29 Howard Street, #4D, New York, New York 10013 (Block 209, Lot 1104), including all appurtenances, improvements, and attachments thereon, and any property traceable thereto;

c. The real property and premises commonly known as 174 Jobs Lane, Water Mill, New York 11976, including all appurtenances, improvements, and attachments thereon, and any property traceable thereto;

d. All funds held in account number XXXXXX0969 at The Federal Savings Bank, and any property traceable thereto;

e. All funds seized from account number XXXXXX1388 at Capital One N.A., and any property traceable thereto; and

f. All funds seized from account number XXXXXX9952 at The Federal Savings Bank, and any property traceable thereto;

g. Northwestern Mutual Universal Life Insurance Policy 18268327, and any property traceable thereto;

h. All funds held in account number XXXX7988 at Charles A. Schwab & Co. Inc., and any property traceable thereto; and

i. The real property and premises commonly known as 1046 N. Edgewood Street, Arlington, Virginia 22201, including all appurtenances, improvements, and attachments thereon, and any property traceable thereto.

This adds both the Federal Savings Bank account listed for forfeiture in the EDVA case, and the Capital One case. And these are subject to both civil and criminal forfeiture, so Trump can’t pardon them away.

Update: On Twitter, several people note that with this forfeiture, the Mueller investigation just more than paid for itself.

But "nothing matters" and "no consequences" and whatever else I keep getting told by people who think SNL are the ultimate prognosticators.

• Jason changed the title to [First Manafort trial] Manafort pleads guilty to two of seven charges in second case