Gamestop retires Power Up Rewards Elite Pro membership effective tomorrow

29 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Between this and the demise of Best Buy's GCU, the Amazon Prime for games -- which has been getting less and less attractive -- is on borrowed time.

What makes you think the Amazon Prime discount on games has been getting less attractive, the restriction to physical copies?

52 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Between this and the demise of Best Buy's GCU, the Amazon Prime for games -- which has been getting less and less attractive -- is on borrowed time.

Do you think that the reason all these programs are going away is the full onset of total digital age in gaming?

Just now, darkness35 said:

Mmhmm.  It made Prime actually worth it.  Now, not sure. 

Ah, I don't think I even realized Prime had the benefit until after they removed that, then. It's still a nice benefit for games I know I'm definitely getting, like Mario Odyssey for instance.

But obviously I also felt Prime was worth it without the benefit, finding out about it was purely a bonus to me.

20 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

In addition to the removal of the two week post-release discount, they've also removed it from Collector's Editions.

I see. The part of it that I'm still surprised by is that they limit it to physical copies—I'd think it's cheaper for them to deliver a digital copy to you.

I used to like the free Powerup Rewards tier. Then they slashed the amount points you got for sales to 10 instead of a percentage based on your sale amount, completely removed the trade-in points, and then restricted the B2G1 free to the Pro tier, when it used to just be a regular bi-monthly(ish) sale.

Buncha geniuses, them Gamestop execs. I wonder why they're failing with such a bright group of guys calling the shots.