Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis [June 9, 2021] - Version 2 Coming June 7!

Keyser_Soze

Bug Fixes
Issues that were fixed in NGS

• Fixed a bug where random weather changes were not occurring correctly
  • Fixed a bug with the Personal Shop where the search function would not work if players had selected "Weapons" under the "Category Settings"

Issues that were fixed in NGS and PSO2

• Fixed a bug where innerwear was sometimes not displayed
  • Fixed a bug with AC and SG Scratch Tickets where the Acquired Items List was sometimes not displayed under certain conditions
  • Fixed a bug where weapon camo purchased from the Personal Shop would disappear under certain conditions
    *We are planning to compensate those affected for the affected items. Please wait for the compensation to be sent. Thank you for your patience.

So I was looking at what settings this guy uses and he dropped an interesting tidbit about the language setting. Now I've only played in English and I think it's fine. But he mentioned there are lines in the game if you put it in Japanese that are not in English. So for curiosity sake I switched it to Japanese.

It's true, some voice lines are present in Japanese language setting that are not in English such as when a trial starts.

In English there is nothing said, but in Japanese it  says," TRIAL START!" - which is funny because they are speaking English but I guess it's a Japanese person saying so it isn't in the English version. It kind of reminds me of classic PSO2 having some guy spout Engrish all the time which I felt was lacking in this version but I guess you just have to set it to Japanese to hear it. :p

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'll do a cliffnotes later

... for myself :shock:

For what its worth, I played maybe 6 hours of Geshin Impact this weekend! Got my first 4 characters and their respective equipment to level 20 and completed the glider license and a few quests beyond that. 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'll do a cliffnotes later

... for myself :shock:

NGS PSO2 HEADLINE
NGS HOT information - August Updates
AC Scratch Ticket "Sunshine Marine Stars" Releases on August 4

• Introducing land-based battle uniforms
  • Introducing Fresh Idol-Themed Outfits! (Looks like Cat ears and a bikini also)
  • Emote Dance 61, Emote Eat Ice Cream 2 & 3, Emote: Eat Ice Cream +
  • MTN: Idle - Yummy Ice Cream, MTN: Glide - Helicopter

A Side Story and Added Feature!

• Side Story" "A Melancholy Monument" Release! (What is Aina's Wish?)

A mag display on/off  feature will be introduced!

New Class "Braver" is here! - Use a Katana or Photon Bow depending on the situation!

• Use the active skill "Brave Combat" for a powerful finishing attack!
  • New Weapon Photon Bow - You can perform normal attacks while moving! And attack while charging!
  • Braver Weapon "Katana" - Featuring "Katana PA Combo" with 3 levels of Action Changes when the same  Photon Art is used multiple times in succession!
  • Braver Instructor "Deirdre" (She's 18 years old)
  • A new augment for Braver will be added!
  • Rare weapons for Katana and Photon Bow categories are coming!

SG Scratch Ticket "Astute Braver" - You can get outfits and hairstyles based on the new Braver class!

• Finger emotes added!
  • MTN: Idle - Folded Arms, Signature Pose
  • Emote: Braver Pose

Revival AC Scratch Ticket "Oracle Renewal Collection II" - Releases on August 11
Popular cosmetic items from PSO2 including "Pure maid dress" and "Cursed Coat" coming to NGS!

Unfortunate update!

Planned implementation of mag evolution device  information from PSO2 to NGS has been postponed to October. Thank you for understanding. (They are busy fixing bugs so they had to delay planned updates)

August Update Information (2)
AC Scratch Ticket Summer Sky Seaside - Releases on August 18

• Swimwear in various styles like SF style, maid style, and street style are here!
  • Emote: Bodybuilding Pose, Summer Fun, Parasol
  • MTN: Idle - Heat Fan, Swim - Butterfly
  • New Urgent Quest: Mining Rig Defense (Not just for Destiny 2 anymore!) - Releases on August 18
  • Evolcoat series will be coming for all categories as a reward!

SG Scratch Ticket "Arks conductor"

• You can recreate Characters like Manon, Dozer and Ran!
  • More characters' stamps are coming! Finger emotes will be added!

NGS SATELLITE information

• $43.99 DLC costumes are coming (Includes a stamp and swimming motion!)
  • Intel corporation collaboration bonus item! (It's like an emote where you hold a box for an intel core i9) You have to buy a qualifying INTEL processor-based device to receive it

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, LionFranco said:

They need to roll out more story content, and i'm sure its been delayed due to the pandemic, but they arent going to keep players if they cant get more content, people will have braver to 20 in one day, LOL

They just did. Aina has a quest for you!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm going to rain check as I'll be playing Tales Arise very shortly, but do give my regards to LionFranco, always liked that fellow! 

All it takes is like 20 minutes of your time and it is a perpetual thing (the mission) so it's not really a matter of rainchecking. However, maybe for you because your power level is probably too low. Oh well. :p

@LionFranco regards!

On 7/27/2021 at 6:12 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

For what its worth, I played maybe 6 hours of Geshin Impact this weekend! Got my first 4 characters and their respective equipment to level 20 and completed the glider license and a few quests beyond that. 

I play that.  
UID:600507638

Cliff notes for @LionFranco

NGS HOT Information

• September: Sonic Collaboration Campaign!
    You can change your mag to sonic or tails.
  • Autumn Event - The city and fields change to autumn colors!
  • Xiandy is coming back!
  • Moongaze rappy
  • Seasonal enemies
  • Ice elemental weapons "Frostel"
  • Nex Vera will appear as a seasonal enemy
  • Moonlight Sanctuary AC scratch Ticket - SF Bunny suit is coming!
    Fox pose, playful run
  • SECOND HALF! - seasonal tasks will change. Gigantix Nex Aelio will appear again!
  • AC Scratch Ticket Silhouette of Darkness  - 3 point landing and Ninja Dash
  • AC Scratch Ticket Oracle Renewal Collection III
  • New Class - Bouncer - Coming in October - New class weapon Jet boots and Soaring Blade

NGS Satellite information

• Sonic collaboration campaign to celebrate release of Sonic Colors Ultimate
  • Zutomayo - type this in the chat for items
  • Web comic starting in September about the Central girls.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:41 AM, LionFranco said:

yeah, i saw most of it this morning...its a bit disappointing. I know there have been delays due to covid, but they need to show actual new content soon

Seems like they are duplicating the Anniversary event which I thought was pretty engaging for me, I mean it made me play longer than usual anyone. Plus the ice weapons serve a bigger purpose because some normal enemies are actually weak to ice unlike when they had the electric ones and there aren't many enemies weak to that. :p

@LionFranco @Mr.Vic20

I just wrapped up the Aina quest. What a beautiful 20 minutes that was. Do you really think her dad is going to stay dead or do you think he'll come back? :o

• 2 weeks later...

They are standing up to hate now

And they did so by having a Rappy appreciation post. Has there ever been someone so fearless as to sit among the Rappys?

spacer.png

But really I wanted to bump this for @Mr.Vic20

I contacted PSO2 Support back in July, there was a 2 month plus investigation into the problem with the frame drops. They came back with: make sure your drivers are up to date and close background processes - This is after like more than 2 weeks of investigating further. Obviously I have tried this, it's not the issue and the conclusion was "Thank you for your response. We will continue to look into it, and improve the games performance as well as we can." :/

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't played this since launch, where I laughed at the utterly pitiful amount of content ("Think of it like a new episode!" Eat my ass.) and immediately stopped playing.

Has this been remedied yet? I was quite excited and as usual, Sega did what it did best and let me down as hard as they possibly could.

5 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

So I haven't played this since launch, where I laughed at the utterly pitiful amount of content ("Think of it like a new episode!" Eat my ass.) and immediately stopped playing.

Has this been remedied yet? I was quite excited and as usual, Sega did what it did best and let me down as hard as they possibly could.

Not really. If you got to the end of the story content, they haven't added anything after. They added a special Aina story thing but it takes like 20 minutes to complete. Other than that if you haven't been doing the seasonal thing they added Braver class and that's about it.

I remember when you said this game was better than Genshin and I wanted some of what you were smoking.

54 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not really. If you got to the end of the story content, they haven't added anything after. They added a special Aina story thing but it takes like 20 minutes to complete. Other than that if you haven't been doing the seasonal thing they added Braver class and that's about it.

I remember when you said this game was better than Genshin and I wanted some of what you were smoking.

I mean I'd play literally nothing over a Gocha game. No thank you.

19 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Guess you really haven't played enough of this game then. Most of the game just spending money on rolls for cosmetics. :peace:

I don't give a shit about cosmetics. It's when you lock actual content (i.e. classes) behind Gocha mechanics that I am 100% out and do not care to return.