Is Mustard supposed to be refrigerated?

skillzdadirecta

1 minute ago, Pikachu said:

If you leave mustard out for a couple days it won't go bad, but you will reduce it's effective life. Refrigerating it will keep it fresh longer.

It will definitely last longer in the fridge, but unrefrigerated mustard will still last you at least a month. By then way, dijon mustard does not last any less long as far as I know. It has wine, which is acidic and acts as a natural preservative.

2 hours ago, Jose said:

It will definitely last longer in the fridge, but unrefrigerated mustard will still last you at least a month. By then way, dijon mustard does not last any less long as far as I know. It has wine, which is acidic and acts as a natural preservative.

A bottle of mustard is way more likely to last an individual over a month than a restaurant though. :p

If it's the cheap stuff then I could see people leaving it out. When the first couple ingredients listed are things like distilled vinegar, water, peppers, or salt, you have a little freedom. I never refrigerate my bottle of Sriracha. I probably use a bottle every 1-2 months and I just keep it in the cupboard. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

A bottle of mustard is way more likely to last an individual over a month than a restaurant though. :p

True. Honestly right now our mustard and ketchup is in the fridge, but only because they are bottles I took from when my family's restaurant closed. It's "expired" so I might as well refrigerate it lol.