Nick Cannon Fired From Everything

For making Anti-Semtic remarks

ViacomCBS is ending its long-running relationship with Nick Cannon after he made anti-Semitic comments on his podcast. In the June 30 episode of “Cannon’s Class,” the actor and TV host interviewed Professor Griff, a rapper who was a part of Public Enemy before leaving the group after making anti-Semitic remarks. On the podcast, Cannon said Black people are the “true Hebrews” and talked about anti-Semitic conspiracy theories involving the Rothschild family. “It’s never hate speech, you can’t be anti-Semitic when we are the Semitic people,” Cannon said.  “When we are the same people who they want to be. That’s our birthright. We are the true Hebrews.”A ViacomCBS spokesperson released a statement to Variety, saying that the company’s relationship with Cannon is now terminated.

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did he foresee this or something?

Just remembering a couple skits on Chapelle's Show, K_S posted a clip of the longer screed one above :p

"Man, fuck you son." is still one of the greatest lines of any skit I've ever seen.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar weighed in very strongly on the silence surrounding recent anti-Semitic outbursts in the entertainment and sports industries

Yes, some of the above have apologized — DeSean Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Chelsea Handler — while others continue to defiantly marinate in their own prejudice. Their arrogant and irrational response to accusations of anti-Semitism, rather than dissuade us, actually confirmed people’s worst opinions. Ice Cube’s response was remorseless: “What if I was just pro-Black? This is the truth brother. I didn’t lie on anyone. I didn’t say I was anti anybody. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE. I’ve been telling my truth.” His “truth” was clearly anti-Semitic but, like Trump, he believes his truth exists outside facts. As writer Roxane Gay summed it up: “It is impossible to take you seriously with regards to social justice or anything when you post anti-Semitic imagery. What the fuck are you doing?”

That explains why when I hopped on Google yesterday to search something, the top suggestion when I clicked the search bar was "Nick Cannon", and I wondered why he was trending, but then of course I didn't care because I don't give a fuck about Nick Cannon. 

27 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Why is this weird conspiracy thing going around right now? When DeSean Jackson posted stuff about it I saw that it originated with the Nazis, but why is it coming back up now?

For some reason that I can't discern, the Black Hebrew Israelites and their ideology have suddenly gone "active" after being relatively dormant for some time.

It all started with a series of anti-Jewish attacks in New York late last year by terrorists with ties to the Black Hebrew Israelite movement.

Oh, and the stuff that DeSean Jackson posted is something the Black Hebrew Israelites made up - the Nazis NEVER made such a claim.

5 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

For some reason that I can't discern, the Black Hebrew Israelites and their ideology have suddenly gone "active" after being relatively dormant for some time.

It all started with a series of anti-Jewish attacks in New York late last year by terrorists with ties to the Black Hebrew Israelite movement.

Oh, and the stuff that DeSean Jackson posted is something the Black Hebrew Israelites made up - the Nazis NEVER made such a claim.

Thanks, my bad. I read something about it, but apparently forgot that the Hitler quote was fake. I knew Nazis were in there somewhere.

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

He didn’t make “Anti-Semitic” remarks, he made anti-Semitic remarks. He was literally parroting Nazi talking points.

7 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Those quotation marks are anti-Semitic.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Why even use the quotation marks? They were anti-semitic remarks. Period. Full stop.

My bad on the quotations. Wasn't my intention to diminish what he said (or else I wouldn't have posted the story in the first place)  That's on me.

2 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Me and my circle of friends have been trying to figure this out too. Several people that I know are now self described Israelites and I can't understand why. Growing up they were always a joke and the only people who even remotely took them seriously were tourists from the midwest who would stop and argue with them in Times' Square. My guess is the internet has exposed them to a whole new audience of lost people looking for something to believe in? Who knows. Why sister informed me today that Nick Canon has been an Israelite for several years now... hence the turbans.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Me and my circle of friends have been trying to figure this out too. Several people that I know are now self described Israelites and I can't understand why. Growing up they were always a joke and the only people who even remotely took them seriously were tourists from the midwest who would stop and argue with them in Times' Square. My guess is the internet has exposed them to a whole new audience of lost people looking for something to believe in? Who knows. Why sister informed me today that Nick Canon has been an Israelite for several years now... hence the turbans.

The last time I'd heard of or encountered them was in Times Square in something like 2000. I honestly had no idea it was still a thing.

He isn't fired from Masked Singer after apology

Nick Cannon will continue in his role as host of Fox’s The Masked Singer, one of the most high-profile hosting jobs in broadcast TV, after he issued a lengthy apology over controversial comments he had made recently on his podcast, saying that he feels “ashamed of the uninformed and naïve place that these words came from.”

In light of the apology, Fox is standing by the host.

“When we were made aware of Nick Cannon’s interview with Richard Griffin on YouTube, we immediately began a dialogue with Nick,” Fox said in a statement Wednesday night. “He is clear and remorseful that his words were wrong and lacked both understanding and context, and inadvertently promoted hate. This was important for us to observe. Nick has sincerely apologized, and quickly taken steps to educate himself and make amends. On that basis and given a belief that this moment calls for dialogue, we will move forward with Nick and help him advance this important conversation, broadly. Fox condemns all forms of hate directed toward any community and we will combat bigotry of any kind.

I doubt Viacom would have fired him if he apologized earlier... seems like he was sticking to his guns for whatever reason. Also... FOX.

I haven't been paying that much attention to all the details, but it sounded more like what he was saying was coming from a place of spectacular massive ignorance and not a place of hate. He was just kinda dumb and had no idea what he was talking about.

Not sure it's worth ruining his life over if he can learn and grow from what happened.

4 minutes ago, ort said:

I haven't been paying that much attention to all the details, but it sounded more like what he was saying was coming from a place of spectacular massive ignorance and not a place of hate. He was just kinda dumb and had no idea what he was talking about.

Not sure it's worth ruining his life over if he can learn and grow from what happened.

It WAS dumb and from a place of ignorance... that doesn't excuse it because there's no reason for him to be that dumb and ignorant. He was also given the opportunity to clean it up and he refused until he saw how serious the shit was when Viacom fired his ass. He had TWO WEEKS to apologize and clean it up and didn't. He issued a. real apology yesterday which saved his Masked Singer job for now but if his "life was gonna be ruined" it was by his own hand. Dude has a shit ton of money so his life was never gonna be ruined by this anyway.

Well, that settles it, I won't be watching, listening or paying attention to anything Nick Cannon does... and hey wait, I was already doing that so we good.

(like all suburban white kids from the midwest) Public Enemy was one of my favorite bands in high school... I remember being upset when Griff got kicked out, but remember that he did indeed say some heinous shit. Probably not the best person to have on your show as a guest.

On 7/15/2020 at 11:37 AM, Kal-El814 said:

The only thing I know about Nick Cannon is that he said Mariah plays Mariah Carey songs to set the mood when the two of them have sex, which seems incredibly on brand for her.

That's the most Mariah Carey thing I've ever heard. Anyone else, even someone else who is also self centred, and I'd think it's just a joke to roast them, but I can see it for her because she's so full of herself. I can't stand her.