Have you ever had hemorrhoids?

Rachel

Yeah from weightlifting. You have to go to the dr. If really bad they have to do surgery, I have to use a steroid cream to keep it in control since I refuse to stop lifting weights.  🤷‍♂️ 

In my case, the amount of pressure in my stomach from squats/deadlifts literally makes the veins break. 👀

Not a doctor, but some stuff I've heard: prop your legs up on something so you're in more of a squatting posture, try to poop as soon as you have to poop, and try to just kinda... let it happen instead of straining while you're at it. And eat some high fiber stuff.

On 7/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, SlipperySlope said:

Yeah from weightlifting. You have to go to the dr. If really bad they have to do surgery, I have to use a steroid cream to keep it in control since I refuse to stop lifting weights.  🤷‍♂️ 

In my case, the amount of pressure in my stomach from squats/deadlifts literally makes the veins break. 👀

What cream do you use?

9 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

You can try just getting a preparation H gel over the counter or off Amazon. It won't reduce inflammation but it will reduce the pain. 

I got some but it says “consult a doctor before using if you have high blood pressure or thyroid disease” and I have both. It’s getting to the point I might just use it anyway lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had a fissure for the majority of last year. It’s like hemorrhoids as a super villain. Creams don’t do much. Pills do nothing. 

What really helps? A week of Miralax followed by continual use of Metamucil. It was a godsend, and it pisses me off it took me more than half a year to think to try those products. 

Also, orange Metamucil tastes fucking amazing. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

I had a fissure for the majority of last year. It’s like hemorrhoids as a super villain. Creams don’t do much. Pills do nothing. 

What really helps? A week of Miralax followed by continual use of Metamucil. It was a godsend, and it pisses me off it took me more than half a year to think to try those products. 

hmmmm I get a lot of fiber usually but I guess it couldn’t hurt to try some Metamucil too. I’ve heard that recommendation before. 

Also for fissures I heard Botox is an effective treatment. 

7 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Psyllium husk will make your poops buttery smooth.

I got fiber capsules instead since I’ve tasted Metamucil before and don’t like it. 

Nothing special or different about my poops yet. Lot’s of farting though, but that could be because I drank a glass of chocolate milk and I’m lactose intolerant. 

On 8/12/2020 at 9:22 AM, Rachel said:

I got fiber capsules instead since I’ve tasted Metamucil before and don’t like it. 

Nothing special or different about my poops yet. Lot’s of farting though, but that could be because I drank a glass of chocolate milk and I’m lactose intolerant. 

I’m not sure the pills will work the same. I know that stool softener pills didn’t work for me at all—it was placebo. 

Also, Metamucil has different flavors—you want Orange with real sugar. Sooo good. I wish I could just have a large glass next to me to drink like Tang, but unfortunately the drink solidified and turns into a mud-like consistency in about 15 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

I’m not sure the pills will work the same. I know that stool softener pills didn’t work for me at all—it was placebo. 

Also, Metamucil has different flavors—you want Orange with real sugar. Sooo good. I wish I could just have a large glass next to me to drink like Tang, but unfortunately the drink solidified and turns into a mud-like consistency in about 15 seconds. 

“Stool softener” is not the same. Metamucil is psyllium fiber. The pills are psyllium fiber. You just swallow it in a capsule instead of mixing it in a drink. That mud like consistency at the bottom of your Metamucil is the fiber. I notice a difference in my poop already just from a few days of taking it. It’s pretty nice!

Also maybe just get some dang Tang then if you love it so much :p

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah so the verdict is in: psyllium fiber is the way to go. My poops and asshole have been VASTLY improved since I started taking the fiber pills. My hemmorhoid is so much better. My asshole barely even burns anymore. No more bleeding. My poops are velvety buttery smooth with easy/clean wipes. 

It’s not 100% foolproof of course. It still gets a little irritated but it’s nothing compared to before when I’d have excruciating butthole burning. PRAISE FIBER.