VENOM - Official Trailer 2

When people are saying things like it's as bad as Catwoman or seems like a pre-MCU film, it's making me need to lower my expectations even further.

Sony will Sony.

Maybe they will get the message that they need to keep Spider-Man on loan deal going a little bit longer.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:38 PM, Hurdyb1 said:

Maybe they will get the message that they need to keep Spider-Man on loan deal going a little bit longer.

Not if it makes a bunch of money...

I can easily see a world where Venom makes ~$120M-150M domestic, maybe another $200M-$250M overseas, and decides those numbers are something to build on and start on the bigger budget sequel, only to have it flop horribly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Wow, honestly it was an enjoyable film. Not a good venom/marvel comic film per se, but if you leave your brain at the door and think of it as an alien creature type movie it's a fun flick. 

This is basically what my friend said. Gonna try and catch it tomorrow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I caught this yesterday and it really is terrible, but in a kind of fun way I suppose. 

“I think this movie is bad, but I still enjoyed myself” - Me 

Saw the movie last night. I was entertained but it was just okay. While I do applaud Sony for making Eddie's story strong without Peter, the movie gets hurt by many leave your brain at the door moments. It's definitely not as bad as Catwoman or Elecktra but it's not a memorable comic book film.