VENOM - Official Trailer 2

I’m still not really sure where they’re going with this. Like, does he convince the symbiote to be good? Is he slowly corrupted by the sympbiotes power and becomes a villain by the end of the movie? Is he just an anti hero? Why are they making him funny?

im so confused by this movie but Tom Hardy is keeping me interested by a thread. 

44 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

A canniballistic anti hero in a setting where that isn’t part of the ante (something like iZombie, for example) has always been weird to me. Venom eats people. It’s fucking weird that more characters don’t seem really put out by that. 

Santa Clarita Diet is kinda like that where she slips up and accidentally eats someone..

• Haha 1

I thought it was cool until the end with the jokes. Not only was it not funny but like, everything about it seems like a serious movie and you have venom telling jokes and shit. Not that I’m against venom being a jokester, but it doesn’t fit everything they’ve shown us. 

I liked that trailer. Now the special effects moment at the end was overkill but I kinda knew that was coming due to the comics they decided to base this on. But I've had my venting sessions months ago and realize Sony will be Sony. With that being said, I've liked what we have seen in therror latest two trailers. The little things are keeping me optimistic despite the gaps we know will be in this movie which we kinda knew would be there day one.

The trailers keep getting better to me and my optimism grows not in that it will be comic book accurate, but it's going to be worth my $7 to see. If the movie sucks, the message will be delivered.

Venom works best when he's tied to Spider-Man, so I don't get how this movie is going to work. Venom should be like a shadow, haunting Spider-Man because he knows who he is. The episode he first appeared in the '90s animated show was perfect. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Venom works best when he's tied to Spider-Man, so I don't get how this movie is going to work. Venom should be like a shadow, haunting Spider-Man because he knows who he is. The episode he first appeared in the '90s animated show was perfect. 

I noticed he doesn't have the spider emblem on his chest here, and uses tendrils instead of webs. So maybe they're skirting around the issue of him copying Spider-Man in some way.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, Kal-El814 said:

A canniballistic anti hero in a setting where that isn’t part of the ante (something like iZombie, for example) has always been weird to me. Venom eats people. It’s fucking weird that more characters don’t seem really put out by that. 

Yeah but... Venom doesn't actually eat people.  He talks about it a lot, but it's not like there are tons of examples where he dines on humans.

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Yeah but... Venom doesn't actually eat people.  He talks about it a lot, but it's not like there are tons of examples where he dines on humans.

But there are tho.

hunger-venom-2.jpg?q=35&w=864&h=1311&fit

498418-venom_mike_deodato10.jpg

Venom-as-Mac-Gargan-cannibalism.jpeg?q=5

Some / all of that might be Mac Gargan and not Eddie Brock though, who can keep track of this shit.

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2018 at 9:55 AM, Mercury33 said:

I’m still not really sure where they’re going with this. Like, does he convince the symbiote to be good? Is he slowly corrupted by the sympbiotes power and becomes a villain by the end of the movie? Is he just an anti hero? Why are they making him funny?

im so confused by this movie but Tom Hardy is keeping me interested by a thread. 

Literally my thoughts exactly! lol