How many times have you been banned on D1P?

Brian

18 hours ago, Chris- said:

Never on D1P to my knowledge, but plenty of times on IGN. Speaking of which, am I misremembering, or on IGN was the only way to find out the length/cause of your ban by submitting an unban request and waiting for a mod to answer?

I think you're right. You just didn't know unless you did that, and it was hard as hell to report anyone harassing people.

With how boards are now, it's surprising that I posted on so many boards in the 2000s where you had to censor curse words or else you'd be banned. Anyone remember when one of the (Sparky?) posted a thread on the Vesti titled "Fuck!" with no content in the OP? Then someone made a ytmnd with the Price Is Right losing horn.

31 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I think you're right. You just didn't know unless you did that, and it was hard as hell to report anyone harassing people.

Well sending in an unban request was the only way to GET unbanned so naturally a mod would tell you how long you were banned for and what you were banned for.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well sending in an unban request was the only way to GET unbanned so naturally a mod would tell you how long you were banned for and what you were banned for.

Yeah, but what was frustrating was that there were some people who spammed threads with gifs to slow down people's internet or genuinely were really bitter trolls and the mods were so slow to react. There wasn't a report function that I remember for the longest time (if ever when I posted there), so you had to go to a moderation thread to report something.