Shamelessly stolen from Twitter...what was the best game released when you were 18?

gamer.tv

Bioshock

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Crysis

Halo 3

Super Mario Galaxy

Portal/Orange Box

Mass Effect

Rock Band

Guitar Hero 3

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

God of War 2

My personal choice (today) goes to Bioshock as the first 360 game that I completed...it was a fantastic story to play through. Good lord though, that is an amazing list of games to choose from.

This will be difficult, 2001 was a good year.

atm I’m leaning Conker's Bad Fur Day since it came out close to my bday and was the only gift I got (was expensive at the time). I could also go halo which I got at the end of the year as well.

2010 had a lot.

ME2

Fallout: New Vegas

RDR

Limbo

Halo Reach

Mario Galaxy 2

Mother fucking Bad Company 2

And many more 

I kinda want to count 2011 as well since my birthday is in December. All the important shit is over by then. That year had a lot of good shit as well.

Edit: Just to spite Keyser I'm gonna change to 2011 games. Because if I go by the OP "released when you were 18" none of those games I listed came out when I was 18. I was 17. And all the games that came out from Dec 2010 - Dec 2011 were the actual games that came out when I was 18. 

Skyrim

Portal 2

MW3

Gears 3

FUCKING DARK SOULS

Dead Space 2

The Witcher 2

Bastion

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Man, my year was pretty good. 

Half Life 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Halo 2

GTA San Andreas

World of Warcraft

Chronicles of Riddick 

Burnout 3 Takedown

Dragon Quest VIII

KOTOR 2

My favorite though is probably MGS 3 followed closely by Dragon Quest. I remember playing a lot of Dragon Quest freshman year of college and everyone on the floor thinking it was a DBZ game. 

18 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Edit: But if I go by the OP "released when you were 18" none of those games I listed came out when I was 18. I was 17. And all the games that came out from Dec 2010 - Dec 2011 were the actual games that came out when I was 18. 

"Released when you were 18" also means" the year you turned 18 what games were released?"

However, I do think the topic would be more interesting if it was "on the day / week you were born what game came out when you were 18."

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

"Released when you were 18" also means" the year you turned 18 what games were released?"

However, I do think the topic would be more interesting if it was "on the day / week you were born what game came out when you were 18."

Too late. Added 2011 to my list 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can always make your own thread with the more specific title "What was the best game released from when you turned 18 until one day before you were 19".

I could probably make a short list, but easily

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time surpasses them all. That said, I should mention:

Metal Gear Solid

Resident Evil 2

F-Zero X

Spyro the Dragon

Banjo-Kazooie

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

Half-Life

Those are the games I've played. A few SEGA Saturn games are noteworthy to mention that came out in that year, including: 

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Radiant Silvergun

Magic Knight Rayearth

But I didn't play those. Only had a handful of Saturn games back in the day, to be honest. 

.....guess I ended up making a short list after all, lulz.