Far Cry 6 - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

12 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Didn't see this posted here but the game will have a third person mode

sc8gf6_1.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

The third-person perspective was designed specifically so that players could enjoy the characters more, including Dani.

Wow. I hope to God it's not Bethesda 3rd person perspective quality. I don't have a good feeling about this.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wow. I hope to God it's not Bethesda 3rd person perspective quality. I don't have a good feeling about this.

I trust them to be able to pull it off. Other games they've made, particularly the Ghost Recon games seemlessly blend third and first person gameplay so i'm sure they can pull this off. Also it seems to be specifically designed for this and not just slapped in like what Bethesda does.

Players will be able to swap to third-person in guerilla camps and during certain combat situations, all with the idea in mind that this could highlight Dani in a much better way. This perspective change can also be seen when players use a Supremo backpack, as well. "In the Supremo backpack moments during gameplay, the third-person transition is intended so players can see all of the backpack's effects, and better feel its impact in action," he said.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Far Cry 6 (7 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: Official Story Trailer
On 8/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, Dre801 said:

At the rate Ubi is going, this could be the last traditional Far Cry game; next will be live service.

All these games are just reskins. Might as well do Infinity for this series as well

• Brian changed the title to Far Cry 6 (7 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: Previews Dropping

FC6_Story_HighRez_Main_210831_6pm_CEST-4
POWERUP-GAMING.COM

If you're like me, stuck in lockdown and feeling despondent, you're probably watching Ted Lasso and enjoying the wholesome good times it depicts. Far Cry 6's protagonist, whether male or female, is named Dani Rojas and in spite of the grim circumstances they find themselves in, I couldn't help but think of Ted Lasso's relentlessly…

3872859-vlcsnap-2021-08-27-13h22m11s131%
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

The Far Cry gameplay formula is what it is, but the latest entry can be where the series finds its narrative footing--our impressions after five hours with the game.

fc63.jpg
WWW.GAMEINFORMER.COM

We go hands on with the highly anticipated open-world game from Ubisoft.

vlcsnap-2021-08-30-19h30m08s749-760x380.
ARSTECHNICA.COM

The bugs aren't great. Even if those get fixed by October, we have other concerns.

i6bzSneKQ5xm7y7y2a8hEm-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

In the first hour of the game you'll get a wearable rocket-launcher that'll make stealth seem almost pointless.

New-Project.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

A far from revolutionary sequel.

far-cry-6-preview-gameplay.jpg
WWW.VG247.COM

Far Cry 6 is the series' biggest open world yet, but how does it play? Find out in our hands-on preview!

FC6-Screenshots_Coop-1261265b82875011.15
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Ubisoft Toronto has made some compelling additions, but the new game is unlikely to win over new fans…

mazxzBYCELCU93BVrS2Raf-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Ubisoft's open world anarchy never seem to get old

FarCry6-Hero5001.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Far Cry 6 gameplay preview: what's new and what has changed as Ubisoft gear up to launch their first Far Cry for new consoles.

On 8/31/2021 at 3:57 PM, best3444 said:

Sounds disappointing to me. Same shit.

I admit that I’m not quite as excited for it now since it does seem like just more of the same gameplay formula that we’ve seen in the past few games, but the story, characters and setting look to be the best since Far Cry 3 so I’m still looking forward to it.

On 8/31/2021 at 5:25 PM, Dre801 said:

I’m not dying to play it, but I will eventually.  Truth be told, Far Cry peaked at Far Cry 3 for me.

The series definitely peaked at Far Cry 3. Far Cry 4 and 5 were disappointing follow-ups IMO. However, Far Cry 6 looks better than those.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:31 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

I've only played the first game so easy pass for me!

Why haven’t you played any of the others?

14 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just not something I've ever gotten around to and probably never will.

If you like first person shooters at all then I would suggest at least checking out Far Cry 3 because it’s an entertaining open world FPS action adventure game with a crazy story and a somewhat zany cast of characters. Unfortunately, Far Cry 4 and 5 aren’t nearly as good IMO. Far Cry 6 looks like it might come close though.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Far Cry 6 (7 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: "PC Features Overview" trailer
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game Information

Game Title: Far Cry 6

Platforms:

• PlayStation 4 (Oct 7, 2021)
  • Xbox One (Oct 7, 2021)
  • PC (Oct 7, 2021)
  • Xbox Series X/S (Oct 7, 2021)
  • PlayStation 5 (Oct 7, 2021)

Developer: UBISOFT Toronto
Publisher: Ubisoft

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 80 average - 79% recommended

Critic Reviews

Impulsegamer - 4.7 / 5

While still a bit formulaic, Far Cry 6 stands as perhaps the best Far Cry experience to date and one beautifully presented and executed on the PS5. In doing so, it builds capably on previous Far Cry titles while adding an array of terrific new additions to the fold.

The Games Machine - Italian - 9.4 / 10

Far Cry 6 is a very expansive first person shooter with a compelling story, full of entertaining things to do and missions to accomplish. The enemies are a little too predictable but the gameplay is always fun, with tons of weapons to find and customize, and the incredible "pets" you can bring with you are just the cherry on top. Graphics and sound are high quality and very immersive.

Generación Xbox - Spanish - 9.2 / 10

‎Everything is wrapped in an impressive graphic section, and that will make us feel that we are facing a true next-gen title. Obviously, some minor problems can be attributed to the game, such as an AI that sometimes acts in a somewhat strange way or some bugs typical of an open world game and that do not tarnish the experience too much. Removing this the truth is that it is difficult for me to get some more black point to ‎‎this Far Cry 6, which for me is already, without a doubt, the best game in the saga.‎

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 91 / 100

The island of Yara, where Far Cry 6 takes place, feels truly alive. We enjoyed "making the revolution" and fighting one of the best villains in the saga, Anton Castillo. But what we like the most about this "sandbox" is that you could simply go for a walk through Esperanza streets, the jungle or the beaches and find incredibly fun situations.

XboxEra - 9.1 / 10

It’s been a long, and sometimes difficult road to get here, but 6 is a triumph for those of us who like the classic “Ubisoft game”. The map is enormous, but the game is tightly paced. The action is over the top like always but running at 60fps on a Series X it feels incredible. The writing is just as over the top, yet the emotional beats and comedy hit this time. The mission structure is never overly punishing, and it still feels rewarding.

CGMagazine - 9 / 10

As the most expansive instalment in the franchise to date, Far Cry 6 is literally the GTA V of Far Cry games, with a solid story, vibrant, engaging characters and no shortage of things to do alone or online with a friend; for FPS action-adventure fans this is a MUST BUY.

Digital Chumps - 9 / 10

Far Cry 6 is a frenzied whirlwind of chaos. This tyrannical trip to Yara is a series highlight, bursting at the seams with content and diverse gameplay. Unafraid to embrace the wildest sides of the genre, letting players be their own agent of tonal destruction.

Game Informer - 9 / 10

Whether you're pushing the mainline story forward or pursuing side missions, Far Cry 6 provides a cornucopia of fun and engaging activities, wrapped in the series' best gameplay and most beautiful setting

GamingBolt - 9 / 10

Far Cry 6 doesn't do a lot to shake up a tried-and-true formula, but still offers up an engaging story and plenty of enjoyable open world mayhem in the series' best setting to date.

God is a Geek - 9 / 10

Far Cry 6 is a massive game, with plenty to do and see. It features a gripping story and combat that plays like a dream. I had so much fun doing everything I possibly could, and I'll be diving back in to finish off all the side content.

IGN Spain - Spanish - 9 / 10

Far Cry 6 keeps the spirit of the saga but seeks to innovate with new mechanics that try to leave behind what no longer works or tires the player.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 90 / 100

At a time when Ubisoft needs to breathe new life into some of its franchises, Far Cry 6 arrives offering just that with its deep story, fun gameplay and plenty of exploration. This is definitely one of the games you need to have in your collection.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 9 / 10

Far Cry 6 is not a revolution itself, but it is still a very entertaining action game full of interesting content.

Skewed & Reviewed - 4.5 / 5 stars

While it does not attempt to change the formula, Far Cry 6 expands and improves on what has made the series such a success and gives fans more of what they want.

TrueAchievements - 9 / 10

Giving us a classic Far Cry experience the whole way through, with a smattering of new ideas and fresh takes, Far Cry 6 is perfect for fans of the series.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 9 / 10

Far Cry 6 is our favorite open world game for years. Far Cry 6 is one of the rare games that succeeds in combining elaborate storytelling with addictive gameplay for an integrated experience. t

WellPlayed - 9 / 10

A huge, exciting world packed with entertaining content against the backdrop of a mostly-accomplished story of charismatic revolutionaries makes this a return to fine form for the franchise. Ubisoft has married inspired design with trademark gameplay to great effect. This is the best Far Cry yet.

Cerealkillerz - German - 8.8 / 10

Far Cry 6 is in many areas the best game of the series so far and definitely the most extensive one. Sadly the not fully thought through gameplay balance and the poor enemy AI hold the title back from reaching its full potential. You'll still get an amazing cast of characters, a fully packed game world and a great selection of fun open world activities and crazy weapons, the series is known for. Newcomers and Fans of the series alike, will have their fun with this one.

Gamersky - Chinese - 8.6 / 10

FAR CRY 6 is a solid game, with gameplay that is still not out of date for the series, and some system optimizations and improvements that have kept pace with the times. But in general, it is still a familiar recipe, familiar taste.

Lords Of Gaming - 8.6 / 10

Far Cry 6 is the culmination of everything Ubisoft learned over the years from the long-running series. Yes, the open-world formula is still there. But luckily, the publisher takes a few well-realized bit more risks to counter it.

From the inclusion of an actual character protagonist to getting rid of the skill tree, and a complete gear and perks revamp, these new aspects paid dividends to create a fresh take on a long-running franchise. Far Cry 6 is one of the most thematically consistent entries in a long time. Graphically, the game is one of the best-looking games of this year. It also runs impeccably well at 60 FPS. Although there were a few technical hiccups along the path and some might be put off by the Ubisoft open-world formula, make no mistake, Far Cry 6 was treated with the utmost love and care and makes me excited for the future of the franchise.

Atomix - Spanish - 85 / 100

‎At the end of the day, ‎‎Far Cry 6‎‎ is like a guerrilla. It hits hard with a series of quite outstanding moments in its story, presentation, music and gameplay, but its resources are limited and, as a consequence, each one of these sections has a couple of problems that do not fulfill their mission in a way as elegant as one would expect. ‎

COGconnected - 85 / 100

At its core, Far Cry 6 both shines and suffers from many of the same strengths and weaknesses that have characterized the last few entries in the franchise. On one hand, it has incredibly engaging action and an open world begging to be used creatively. On the other, it has repetitive and sometimes rote mission design, with disconcerting tonal shifts that seat inconceivable brutality and violence at the same table with silly, absurd humor that feels at best disrespectful, and at worst, wildly inappropriate. What finally elevates Far Cry 6 is a better-than-average cast, and a more comprehensible and grounded story that is set in one of the most lavish and beautiful environments ever created for a game. It’s fascinating, flawed, and full of contradictions. It’s a Far Cry game.

DualShockers - 8.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 is an amazing journey in one of the most expansive iterations of the series to date. With explosive performances from the whole cast, it’s a game that old fans and intrigued wannabe guerrillas shouldn’t sleep on.

Gamerheadquarters - 8.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 is by far the biggest entry in the series, providing an impressive open world that’s filled with content to explore and what feels like endless hours of gameplay.

Gamers Heroes - 85 / 100

Far Cry 6 is the most fun I've had in a Far Cry game for years, but it won't be for everyone. If you've grown tired of the gameplay loops of the Far Cry titles of recent times, Far Cry 6 doesn't make much of an effort to change that up. However, if the thrill of carnage and combat still appeals, it's crazy, chaotic, and an absolute blast.

Gaming Nexus - 8.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 excels in a lot of ways, with stellar visuals, performances, exploration, and story. But the character advancement mechanics have been reworked in a way that takes agency away from the player, forcing them to use the skills they can scrounge up instead of building the character they want. There is a mountain of fun to be had here; this pivot away from skill points doesn't ruin the game, but it also doesn't feel like the right direction for the series.

GamingTrend - 85 / 100

Far Cry 6 is the next iteration of the Far Cry universe, and you can see some of the blending from other Ubisoft properties here. While the formula may be a little more visible than we'd like, and the AI could use a shot in the arm, what is here is a thrill ride adventure sure to give fans of the franchise exactly what they are looking for.

IGN Italy - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 is a huge game, full of contents and activities, stories to live and places to discover. Joining the revolution is not a flawless journey, but still an exciting one. If you loved the previous game, then it is worthwhile to start packing the most capacious bags you have and reach Yara!

Multiplayer First - 8.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 is the series best entry since Far Cry 3 but if you're looking for something wildly different you won't get that here.

PPE.pl - Polish - 8.5 / 10

Yara in Far Cry 6 will consume many players. Ubisoft again did not spare, throwing the audience into a gigantic world in which it is easy to lose yourself. However, it is a very safe game, which for some will be an asset, and others will reject.

Pixel Arts - Persian - 8.5 / 10

If you are looking for a fun and engaging single-player first-person shooter, do not miss Far Cry 6.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 8.5 / 10

While it may not wholly evolve the franchise in a radically new way, Far Cry 6 smooths out many of the wrinkles and growing pains previous Far Cry games have had, while building on a foundation that's largely worked for the series since 2012's Far Cry 3. Far Cry 6 strikes a great tonal balance, a variety of activities and exploration that never get dull, another imposing villain whose presence can be felt throughout, and a brilliant main character. Yara is a fun playground because it's Dani's playground, and that's a crucial part of the equation, part of the meaningful growth the latest entry brings to the Far Cry franchise. ¡Viva la Revolución!

Press Start - 8.5 / 10

Make no mistakes; Far Cry 6 is, without a doubt, the best Far Cry game in a long time. The game brings back the exotic locations we've been missing since Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 and adds yet another charismatic antagonist to its storied pantheon of villains. But more importantly, it's a joy to play, with a unique arsenal full of character and breadth of content that is not only comprehensive but engaging.

SomosXbox - Spanish - 8.5 / 10

‎Far Cry 6 is a great representative of the formula that Ubisoft has been refining. The modifications introduced, such as the elimination of the skill tree, have sat quite well with the game. The story in this installment, the villain, the allies, every element he brings to the narrative are something remarkable. In addition, the setting looks exceptionally good. However, it is not yet a next-gen experience. The main flaw that the game has is in the AI of the enemies which makes them many times easy to defeat.‎

ZTGD - 8.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 may not move the needle much in terms of innovation, but it executes what makes these games extremely fun to play. I settled right in within the first couple hours and couldn’t stop playing until the end. I am still cleaning up around the world of Yara and the promised DLC on the way will certainly have me back in big time. There is just a massive playground here that is extremely enjoyable to play. At the end of the day that is what is most important to me. I hope the series does change up in the future, but for now Far Cry 6 keeps what makes the experience fun and simply nails it.

Geek Culture - 8.4 / 10

Following a legacy can be a hard thing to do, but Far Cry 6 successfully carves out a piece of the pie for its own with unique systems and gameplay experiences that largely succeeds.

Areajugones - Spanish - 8.3 / 10

‎Far Cry 6 is a game that achieves just what it sets out to do: give you a good handful of possibilities to be free to find yourself as a player within the chaotic revolution of Yara. Despite its imperfections, I will remember the game as a place I want to return to; as an open world title capable of respecting you as a player and it is you who decides how to invest your time in it.‎

AusGamers - 8.3 / 10

Far Cry 6 is still a lot of fun. AI warts and all.

Worth Playing - 8.1 / 10

If you had a good time with the previous games in the series, you're likely to find the same level of enjoyment in Far Cry 6. However, many of the gameplay elements in this new game are awfully like the versions that were first established in Far Cry 3 and reused with minimal changes in every subsequent game. There's certainly more than enough content to validate the game as its own, full entry into the series. I wish for a future Far Cry entry that I can play without being able to pick out which things are exactly the same as the previous title.

3DNews - Russian - 8 / 10

Far Cry still is the king of first-person open world shooters. Even if the bad guys aren't great this time and there's not that many innovations, the gameplay still is very enjoyable, especially in co-op.

But Why Tho? - 8 / 10

Far Cry 6 has done a great job tweaking the mechanics typical of the series and creating some extremely fun and chaotic gameplay. While the main antagonist doesn’t shine like some of the past baddies in the Far Cry series, you’ll fall in love with the diverse cast of characters and the island of Yara.

Filmweb - Polish - 8 / 10 stars

Theme park is open: witness a genocide while riding a zipline! Despite unnerving paradox in the center of "Far Cry 6" (and all "Far Cry" games for that matter), latest in Ubisoft franchise is still fun - as far as Get-Ambushed-By-Wild-Roosters-While-Quoting-"Aliens" fun goes. If you come to terms with the fact that screenwriters didn't write anything substantial and guerrillas are not the heroes of our age, it'll be a blast.

Gadgets 360 - 8 / 10

[Far Cry 6] is happy in its groove, delivering a fun and immersive Latin American experience, an open world sandbox you can mess around in, and giving you the tools to do what you want. Better yet, it lets you enjoy all of that with a friend.

GamesRadar+ - 4 / 5 stars

Marks a new era for the Far Cry series and delivers more explosive action and adventure than ever before, even as the story fumbles some of its more upsetting plot points.

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

Far Cry 6 finds itself sitting close to the excellent titles thanks to its strong plot, characters, world design, gameplay and presentation.

Hey Poor Player - 4 / 5

Far Cry 6 is a must-play experience for fans of Ubisoft’s flagship first-person shooter series. New features, such as the Supremo and various ammo types, do a great job of spicing up a familiar formula. At the same time, the series’ rock-solid gunplay and exciting exploration are more inviting than ever. Even though it sometimes stumbles, both in terms of performance and tone, traversing the island nation of Yara is so fun that you probably won’t care all that much.

Whether smashing the system solo or teaming up with a fellow freedom fighter for some online co-op, Far Cry 6 is sure to give armchair guerillas something worth fighting for. Viva La Revolución!

IGN - 8 / 10

Far Cry 6 smooths over a lot of the bumps that have cropped up in the past few games and even though it misses some steps, especially with its new inventory system, it's the best the series has been in years.

Kakuchopurei - 80 / 100

In the grand Far Cry pantheon, I’ll put this slightly above Far Cry 5 since it reiterates and improves an already surefire open-world action game, adding in a much-needed new locale & flair.

Merlin'in Kazanı - Turkish - 80 / 100

If you are a solid Far Cry fan, you will enjoy the game a lot, but it is not important, if you say you will play it later, you will not lose much.

Metro GameCentral - 8 / 10

Colourful and brutal, funny and horrifying, Far Cry 6 is the distilled essence of its franchise, as well as a richer and more coherent experience than recent outings.

Oyungezer Online - Turkish - 8 / 10

If you're craving for some guerilla action Far Cry 6 offers a great opportunity. But if you're tired of Far Cry games, don't expect Far Cry 6 to surprise you.

PC Invasion - 8 / 10

Far Cry 6 is grand in size, scale, and scope. It will make you marvel at its sights, all while enjoying the frantic action. Likewise, I definitely appreciated it due to a shared culture and history with Latin American countries. Unfortunately, it's also bogged down by crashes due to screenshots and atrocious AI combatants. The former can get fixed via a combination of graphics settings, but the latter will require more than a prayer to the Virgen Maria.

PlayStation Universe - 8 / 10

Familiar, entertaining and with a cast of wacky characters, Far Cry 6 is a lot of fun. It is not novel, new or groundbreaking in any way but we are here to play Far Cry after all, and Far Cry 6 is certainly that.

Saving Content - 4 / 5 stars

Far Cry 6 is a much longer game than its predecessors, where you’re looking at an upwards of 40 hours just to see the end of the campaign. It does feel like an amalgamation of the Far Cry games up to this point, and doesn’t do a lot new to set itself apart. So Far Cry 6 retreads a lot of familiar ground that the series is known for, but with a bold new backdrop that helps keep it exciting. Far Cry 6 adds some RPG-lite elements to its systems that thankfully don’t get in the way of the gameplay. Dani is awesome as a fully voiced protagonist. She brings so much personality as she sings along to the songs in the car, speaks her mind, and is just a total badass in everything she does. Far Cry 6 is a next-generation adventure, hindered only by a few last-generation ideas.

Screen Rant - 4 / 5 stars

There's a lot to like about Far Cry 6, but not a lot that's new.

Seasoned Gaming - 8 / 10

Far Cry 6 provides the familiar Far Cry experience you know and love along with all of the craziness that comes with it, but with a more engaging, cohesive narrative, and a fantastic antagonist.

Shacknews - 8 / 10

Even with a few missteps, Far Cry 6 is a triumph in a few ways that should be celebrated.

The Outerhaven Productions - 4 / 5 stars

Far Cry 6 gives you exactly what you want and expect from the franchise. It doesn't do much to reinvent the wheel or shake up the formula, and that's okay.

TheGamer - 4 / 5 stars

This is a game that understands the importance of fighting back against fascism and taking a stand as part of your own personal revolution, yet it’s often held back by gameplay that wants to distance itself from that idea as you fawn over cute puppies and fire off outlandish grenade launchers. Yet it’s still a start, and a bold step forward for a company that has long sat on the fence of political discussion. If you’re after more Far Cry, this delivers and pushes the formula forward into exciting new territory.

Twinfinite - 4 / 5

Despite the bugs, the déjà vu I get from sneaking around an FND Base, and the filler, I still found myself having a blast in Far Cry 6, both literally and metaphorically (I’m sorry). After 40 hours in, I’m still eager to hop back in, venturing further off the beaten path, clearing out any lingering FND Bases and checking out the Insurgency post-game content to grind out additional weapons and rewards. With a solid story, an engaging cast of characters, and a plethora of enthralling side content, Far Cry 6 is an easy recommendation for FPS fans. Now, if you don’t mind, I need to head back out on the road with ma boy Chicharron.

VG247 - 4 / 5 stars

Far Cry 6 prefers playing guerrilla over more serious reflection because “blowing up s*** is fun,” and Ubisoft just isn’t quite ready to give that up yet.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 7.8 / 10

Vast and long-lived, Far Cry 6 is an open world where quantity is the master: there are many playful ideas, and many customization possibilities, but often you have the impression that Ubisoft tries at all costs to never end the battle of the guerrillas, even sacrificing the finishing of the game mechanics on the altar of accumulation. Far Cry 6 is therefore a fluctuating production: moments of high narrative involvement are accompanied by others of stasis, while the gameplay oscillates between good ideas and some uncertainty in the shooting phases and in artificial intelligence.

IGN Middle East - Arabic - 7.8 / 10

Far Cry 6 is no doubt the craziest far cry so far with weird and hot arsenal and wild amigos on the run and one of the most beautiful looking Ubisoft games to date, however, it seems this time the focus is more on face to face battle as stealth combat were to be sacrifice gradually in this approach, and sadly even though the acting is superb it was very disappointing to see Antón only for a couple of mins throughout the whole story of the game

Spaziogames - Italian - 7.8 / 10

Far Cry 6 is the typical more of the same that adds nothing new to the formula. The hypertrophic open world with a plethora of missions doesn't match with standards of high quality: the product fails to renew a series that doesn't know how to look forward.

Destructoid - 7.5 / 10

In a vacuum, Far Cry 6 is a great open-world action romp, and I should love it without caveats. Plenty of fans will. But when we’ve seen these same old tricks so many times before, year after year

Enternity.gr - Greek - 7.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 is a game worth 25-30 hours required by the main campaign to be completed.

Gamepur - 7.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 isn’t reworking the formula that has been developed over the years, but it is doing just enough to bring something fresh and new to the series. More importantly, where those elements don’t quite work is not detrimental to the game’s core experience. If you are in the mood for another action-filled story with lots to see and do, then Far Cry 6 is a solid investment.

JVL - French - 15 / 20

Far Cry 6 will not be a revival for the license, but it is still trying to rearrange the formula. If in the background, we find everything that makes Far Cry, a Far Cry, the form, it, takes a little new look with additions that make the advance much more organic and less schematized than at the time. Where Far Cry 6 has trouble is in its desire to offer us a credible and mature subject, tainted by a gameplay that is completely at the opposite end of the day.

MondoXbox - Italian - 7.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 immerses us in a large open world with a ton of possibilities and a great cast of characters, but it fails to make a real splash compared to previous installments in the series, while also providing a too low challenge level to the player.

PC Gamer - 75 / 100

All is fair in love and guerrilla warfare in the best Far Cry game yet.

PowerUp! - 7.5 / 10

At the end of the day, Far Cry 6 successfully conjures the alluring tropical beauty of FC3's sandbox, FC4's verticality and mountaineering, along with the weirdo weaponry of New Dawn.

Zoomg - Persian - 7.5 / 10

Minus the variety of weapons and the many possibilities of personalization, Far Cry 6's strengths are scattered.

GameByte - 7 / 10

If you’ve played a recent Far Cry game, you know exactly what you’re in for with 6. It’s a well-trodden formula of epic scale that has just enough life in it to keep it from being tired.

GameMAG - Russian - 7 / 10

Far Cry 6 is an attempt to use all the best gameplay ideas Ubisoft ever had. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, leaving you with some mixed feelings.

GameSpot - 7 / 10

Though it can be really fun, especially when it descends into absolute chaos, Far Cry 6 is overstuffed and disjointed, with so many ideas that it's tough to focus.

Gameblog - French - 7 / 10

Far Cry 6 is a good opus in the series, but it doesn't bring anything new to the IP besides a good performance from Giancarlo Esposito.

MMORPG.com - 7 / 10

Far Cry 6 doesn't move the needle at all, but it still holds its own amongst the other shooter games available.

PCGamesN - 7 / 10

The series' foundations have been rejigged to offer an exciting and satisfying new gameplay loop. Not all of the revisions work in its favour, but unfortunately it's the complete lack of change with its approach to storytelling and structure that really holds Far Cry 6 back.

Saudi Gamer - Arabic - 7 / 10

I really can't deny that it's more of the same but it's still fun to play solo & co-op.

The Loadout - 7 / 10

Far Cry 6 makes some meaningful narrative improvements, helped by a fantastic performance by Esposito. However, repetitive and familiar gameplay, combined with a restrictive progression system, means changes are needed in the future if Ubisoft wants the series to continue.

Windows Central - 3.5 / 5 stars

Far Cry 6 is like Far Cry 5, 4, and 3. Despite an incredible performance from Giancarlo Esposito of Breaking Bad fame, there's very little new or fresh about this latest sandbox shooter.

XGN.nl - Dutch - 7 / 10

Far Cry 6 is a good addition to the beloved shooter franchise thanks to great gunplay and stunning visuals. It's a shame however that there are some really annoying bugs, crashes, and quality of life issues that take you out of the experience. The story is so much fun when Esposito's on-screen, which is, unfortunately, not enough.

Fenix Bazaar - 6.5 / 10

Far Cry 6 is really just “Far Cry“, with some ambitious changes that desperately try to reshape the franchise’s identity … for better or worse.

Game Revolution - 6.5 / 10

Unfortunately, Far Cry 6 has missed the mark again, with too few significant improvements and a lot of bloat.

M3 - Swedish - 3 / 5 stars

Far Cry 6 begins with a strong sequence that is hard to shake off. In the course of the adventure, we get plenty of similar scenes, but also the exact opposite – and everything in between. It creates an incredibly fragmented experience that is difficult to live in properly. But it's actually not quite as bad as it sounds because we are constantly inundated with entertaining, challenging and not least varied chores. Instead, it's mainly unusually many bugs and flawed artificial intelligence that sink Ubisoft's action adventures a notch.

Telegraph - 3 / 5 stars

Open world shooter is back on solid – if occasionally silly – form

Stevivor - 4.5 / 10

I did not enjoy my time with Far Cry 6, and I couldn’t believe how quickly I lost interest with it.

EGM - 4 / 10

Far Cry 6's barely hangs together on the strength of the gameplay loop it inherits from its predecessors. Beyond the addition of some fun new toys, like the "resolver" weapons and Supremo backpacks, nearly every design change is mystifyingly for the worse, and the mismatch between the gameplay and storytelling ambitions is more conspicuous than ever.

VGC - 2 / 5 stars

If you’re interested in another Far Cry game that does the Far Cry stuff the way it’s been doing it for 10 years, you’ll probably have a good time, but if you’ve already hit your limit with this kind of game, Far Cry 6 is the ne plus ultra of why open-world game design is so badly in need of a revolution.

ACG - Wait for Sale

"A game with some changes to the way things worked that I loved, but the needed changes to AI performances didn't make the experience great."

Eurogamer - No Recommendation / Blank

There's plenty that's familiar about the latest entry in Ubisoft's open world shooter, but that doesn't stop it being a blast.

GameOnAUS - Loved

Far Cry 6 is an explosive action-fest which represents a welcome return to form for the series, and despite a few mis-steps still manages to be one of the year’s standout releases.

One More Game - Buy

Ubisoft has tweaked the formula to a reasonable degree, but Far Cry 6 remains a familiar game. Newcomers will surely find a lot to see and do, but veterans know full well what to expect. This is not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination, since it mostly means a polished, playable, and relatively fun game where the one question that looms over their head is how long into the game before it gets tiresome and repetitive.

Player2.net.au - A-

Far Cry 6 is both exceptional and surprising. It gave me more than I ever could have expected from the franchise and has redefined what a Far Cry game can be going forward.

Polygon - Unscored

Far Cry 6 is a waste of potential

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Unscored

A gigantic open-world FPS that has you running between map markers to fell a dictatorship. It's undeniably fun, if a bit overwhelming.

Skill Up - Unscored

Video Review - Quote not available

Unboxholics - Greek - Worth your time

Far Cry 6 is once again a nice regular Far Cry. You know exactly what to expect before stepping foot in it. Although it never quite reaches the true potential of what Giancarlo Esposito's villain could have been. Therefore the franchise's struggle to reach the height of

Vamers - Essential

At first glance, Far Cry 6 appears to provide the quintessential triple-A open-world experience. However, upon closer inspection and by allowing the game to truly showcase its strengths, it quickly becomes apparent how much love and attention has been put into it. From an excellent cast spearheaded by one of the most captivating villains to appear in video games, through to an enthralling world designed around its sounds and culture; everything about the game is of a very high polish and calibre. Further cementing this notion is how the title is not filled by random missions and events; rather the missions are cleverly placed to accommodate the amigos and the plethora of gear players come across. Thus providing a wonderful sense of immersion in a world feeling alive with possibility. Although the narrative may seem plain and cliche at first; the plot soon hooks and flourishes into a veritable masterpiece of storytelling. In a sense, Far Cry 6 is a game that loves to reward scrutiny. In this way, it consistently amazes with new and exciting events while a constant dramatic narrative rumbles along in the background. It truly is exceptional and easily serves as the new bar for what this franchise can be, and ultimately is.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Far Cry 6 (7 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Sounds like a good time for anyone that likes the well trodden Far Cry gameplay loop. I won't be rushing out for it, but maybe I'll pick it up later on sale.

Yeah, since I’ve avoided most open world action games for the last few years (not just Far Cry) I might be ready for this one. But I’m busy with a bunch of games at the moment, plus Metroid Dread is also coming this weekend, I can wait for a sale.