Far Cry 6 - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

41 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Far Cry 3 is the best in the series IMO, the story, characters and stuff that happens in it are totally batshit crazy and I love it. Far Cry 4 felt like more of the same, but a step back/toned down in many ways. While I still liked it, it wasn’t quite as entertaining as Far Cry 3 IMO. As for Far Cry 5 I wouldn’t say that it’s not good as it has some redeeming factors, but it’s definitely not great either IMO. Taking place in rural America, and playing as a silent protagonist didn’t really appeal to me. And the story is farfetched even for a Far Cry game. But as a pure open world FPS sandbox game, it’s not bad.

I honestly can't remember if I played part 3 or not. I'll have to look it up to see if I played it or not.

Let's hope FC6 mixes all the great things from 3 & 4 and is a great game.

I love the series and that gameplay video looked amazing. FC5 had a lot of problems but I think it had the best moment to moment gameplay of the series. I’ll be in day one for 6. I like how by the end of these games you’re a walking death machine and it’s just a matter of how you will kill everyone. Pagan Min I thought was even a better villain than Vaas, though I liked Vaas. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Looks very cool. A mix of GTA, Battlefield, Far Cry, and COD. I hope it turns out not as chaotic and more focused than part 5. 

From that trailer it seems nuts in a good way. I'll have to wait and see.

Just now, TwinIon said:

Is there any chance they've innovated on the gameplay loop at all, or do we all expect this to be rather by-the-numbers ubisoft openworld?

Its Ubisoft. Unless the series goes silent for 2-3 years without a new entry in the series, don't expect a ton of change. :sun:

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Far Cry 6 (7 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: "Gameplay Deep Dive Trailer - Rules of the Guerrilla" and "Character Trailer - Introducing Dani Rojas",
FarCry6-Hero5001.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Far Cry is always a series that has sought to out-do itself, to kick on to ever more extreme themes, more explosive action, and more memorable villains. None of that changes with Far Cry 6. You have t

FarCry6-hero500.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Ubisoft has taken the lid off Far Cry 6 with today's gameplay reveal and release date announcement showcasing a Caribbean Island republic falling into revolution and civil war, but then infusing that

far-cry-6-male-scaled.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Ubisoft Toronto discuss differentiating from other Ubisoft games and avoiding Cyberpunk'

far-cry-6-dani-female-scaled.jpg
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

Guerrilla warfare and bonkers weaponry comes to Ubisoft'

Obligatory Ubisoft Interview Response:

pjimage-2021-05-28T112155.080.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Far Cry 6 flirts with reality while striving to do its own thing.

E2fj1diVIAENz18.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It looks good, but when they said "blend in" I had an epic eye-roll. Will they really implement a stealth mechanic? Or will the wrath of an entire army fall upon you the second you walk into an area? 

It's all a big mystery..... but not really.

Don't the Far Cry games already employ a stealth mechanic?

On 5/29/2021 at 5:06 AM, Phaseknox said:

I fully expect this to be my GOTY, it looks awesome. Unfortunately, it’s still four months away. I want to play it NOW!!!!

The more I watched the footage and commentary I'm with you on this. It's looking pretty fucking amazing. I'm just not sure how it will look and run on my Xbox One X. :/

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Far Cry 6 (7 October 2021) - Information Thread, update: "Gameplay Deep Dive Trailer - Rules of the Guerrilla" and "Character Trailer - Introducing Dani Rojas"