Far Cry 6 - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 Question about the sniper rifle early on. When I aim through the scope a big red X is displayed? It doesn't seem to allow me to use the weapon? Am I missing something? I shot the rifle with the big red X in the way and it wouldn't harm the enemy. Wtf am I doing wrong?

You probably only have standard ammo which only does tickle damage. I had the same problem and didn’t realize gun powder was so rare because the beginning of the game gives you some and I thought it would be more common.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

No one else liked the setting of 5? I really liked the concept of some rural American backwater. Always kind of wished they had more town and less fields, though.

I thought it was great. That was until I played it. Ubi really cut the balls off their own project. I was looking forward to all of these controversial things and then it had none. 

Played 3 more hours. I'm having a total blast! This is much better than 5 for sure. I like Dani and the rest of the cast as well. The visuals might be some of the best I've seen overall. The environment is stunning at times with incredible draw distance. 

The enemies can be a bitch to take down later on and as I stated before, they are WAY to accurate shooting from extremely long distances and putting some serious damage on me. I struggled in one mission and it took me a few trys to beat it. 

@Dodger I found gun powder and upgraded my sniper ammo to piercing bullets and the gun is still useless. I'm really confused what's going on there. I thought I did everything correctly and went to to use the sniper rifle and it was like shooting peas at the enemy. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Overall, this game is awesome for what it is and offers a ton of content. I'm very pleased I bought this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"Action mode?" Is that hard and story is normal?

They literally give you two options. "Action Mode" which they explain in the description that this is how the game should be played. 

Then there's "Story mode" which is just to enjoy the story without much of a challenge. 

So to me, that comes off as normal mode and easy. 

• True 1

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They literally give you two options. "Action Mode" which they explain in the description that this is how the game should be played. 

Then there's "Story mode" which is just to enjoy the story without much of a challenge. 

That’s how I understood it and picked the same mode. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

That’s how I understood it and picked the same mode. 

Same. Game isn't really that hard though. Headshots for days on my end.

I enjoy it alot. Haven't played a FC game since 1 but I do wish it was actually serious with the subject matter. 

I really like that the game includes a spanish option. Been playing the game in Spanish. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I don't have the game which is why I asked. So those are the two options, huh? Interesting.

6 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't have the game which is why I asked. So those are the two options, huh? Interesting.

Action mode isn't necessarily easy by any means. I think my mistake is picking missions that are at higher levels than I am and trying to beat those missions. The enemies are extremely aware and accurate and you can die easily encountering higher level missions. I picked my level for missions and headshots are key. I then had a little bit of an easier time with clearing enemies and such. 

I just played 4 more hours this evening and had a total blast. This is my favorite Far Cry game in the series. It's story moves along at a great pace and the characters and stories within the characters are interesting. The game offers all types of vehicles and guns and they make you work for them. You have jet ski's, trucks, cars, tanks, helicopters, and planes. All seamlessly integrated while the story progress's. The environment and foliage are the best I've seen in a game to date as well.

I highly recommend this game! I'm going on vacation tomorrow so I won't be playing again until Monday. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Action mode isn't necessarily easy by any means. I think my mistake is picking missions that are at higher levels than I am and trying to beat those missions. The enemies are extremely aware and accurate and you can die easily encountering higher level missions. I picked my level for missions and headshots are key. I then had a little bit of an easier time with clearing enemies and such. 

I just played 4 more hours this evening and had a total blast. This is my favorite Far Cry game in the series. It's story moves along at a great pace and the characters and stories within the characters are interesting. The game offers all types of vehicles and guns and they make you work for them. You have jet ski's, trucks, cars, tanks, helicopters, and planes. All seamlessly integrated while the story progress's. The environment and foliage are the best I've seen in a game to date as well.

I highly recommend this game! I'm going on vacation tomorrow so I won't be playing again until Monday. 

Damn I'm trying to wait to buy this as I just started playing Far Cry 5 but this seems like it's pretty well done. I'm gonna give it a month to see if it drops in price... Ubisoft games tend to drop pretty quickly.

• Like 1

As @Stepee said, this game runs absolutely amazing and I appreciate the assurance that it would!!!!!

Ended up just buying it outright and I'm just about 5-6 hours in. It's quite a bit deferent than 5 and I loved 5 so starting out I wasn't really liking it that much. That said, I'm really liking it now once it opens up and you get to the first real story cut screen. The chaos that happens in this game at any given moment can lead to some amazing and crazy happenings! I love it.

To those on the fence on PC because of hardware I can assure you it's stunning @ 1440p / 120 with everything on Ultra with RAYTRACING ENABLED!! with the HD texture pack too. I never dip below 70fps. The cutscenes are kinda jaring because the seem to be a lower rez and it kinda takes you out of the experience when they happen. So...Steppe you were correct my underappreciated 2080Ti / i7 9700k is more than capable to run this in all it's glory. Now I'm kinda itching to see how Battlefield 2042 will run? I haven't even tried Farcry @4k. Really a great game so far with tons of shit to do, 8.5 / 10 and if your into these type games, a huge thumbs up!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, HardAct said:

As @Stepee said, this game runs absolutely amazing and I appreciate the assurance that it would!!!!!

Ended up just buying it outright and I'm just about 5-6 hours in. It's quite a bit deferent than 5 and I loved 5 so starting out I wasn't really liking it that much. That said, I'm really liking it now once it opens up and you get to the first real story cut screen. The chaos that happens in this game at any given moment can lead to some amazing and crazy happenings! I love it.

To those on the fence on PC because of hardware I can assure you it's stunning @ 1440p / 120 with everything on Ultra with RAYTRACING ENABLED!! with the HD texture pack too. I never dip below 70fps. The cutscenes are kinda jaring because the seem to be a lower rez and it kinda takes you out of the experience when they happen. So...Steppe you were correct my underappreciated 2080Ti / i7 9700k is more than capable to run this in all it's glory. Now I'm kinda itching to see how Battlefield 2042 will run? I haven't even tried Farcry @4k. Really a great game so far with tons of shit to do, 8.5 / 10 and if your into these type games, a huge thumbs up!

Happy to hear it is indeed running so well! I’m pretty into this one too, I gotta say. I think I’m definitely further into the main story than i've been in a far cry game. It’s just never not fun!

Game is kinda crash heavy for me tho. I’m on Windows 11 but I think it’s kinda common in general. It’s not constant but it’s enough to be a little annoying by now. The checkpoints can be less than generous sometimes too so the two combined sux.

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Male or Female?

Definitely female. She's great and has pretty eyes @Dodger

10 hours ago, stepee said:

Game is kinda crash heavy for me tho. I’m on Windows 11 but I think it’s kinda common in general. It’s not constant but it’s enough to be a little annoying by now. The checkpoints can be less than generous sometimes too so the two combined sux.

First time I booted up the game it crashed on me on the Xbox. You are also correct with checkpoints. I died and thought to myself "no big deal". Then I started back almost 30 min prior. Game is so fun to me I I didn't care too much. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I always play as a male character when given a choice. I really only play female characters in "hero" or "champion" games. As in stuff like Overwatch, LoL, Street Fighter, and Smash, what matters is the move set you wish to play. Tracer was my most played character after Junkrat in Overwatch. 

20 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I always play as a male character when given a choice. I really only play female characters in "hero" or "champion" games. As in stuff like Overwatch, LoL, Street Fighter, and Smash, what matters is the move set you wish to play. Tracer was my most played character after Junkrat in Overwatch. 

I was just playin. I usually pick male characters in games.

While the opening to 6 is the weakest one so far, I am liking it more than 5 and New Dawn mainly due to the setting and characters so far. 

The “pick the right tool for the right job” mechanic has not amounted to much yet for me. I have yet to bother changing my gear before a mission and don’t feel like I am being punished for not doing so. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

While the opening to 6 is the weakest one so far, I am liking it more than 5 and New Dawn mainly due to the setting and characters so far. 

The “pick the right tool for the right job” mechanic has not amounted to much yet for me. I have yet to bother changing my gear before a mission and don’t feel like I am being punished for not doing so. 

True point about the opening, it was quick though at least. And I’m over half way through now probably and I didn’t even know it had a “pick the right fool for the right job” mechanic lol.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:46 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Male or Female?

I will of course play as female Dani when I get the game, as I’ve mentioned before I almost always choose to play as female characters in games when given the choice.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:55 PM, Dodger said:

I’ve always found dudes who always pick female characters to be creepy, especially the ones who have them run around half naked the whole time.

And I’ve always found dudes who always pick male characters to be creepy, especially the ones who have them run around half naked the whole time. :p

• Thanks 1