Far Cry 6 - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

5 hours ago, Dodger said:

Sounds like some Joe Rando freedom fighter who turns out to be the brother of someone the bad guy killed or something. 

Like in Far Cry 5, you can choose to be either male or female. I hope that they're voiced this time unlike they were in FC5, because I hate playing as silent protagonists in games.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Far Cry 6 - Information Thread, update: Gameplay Reveal on May 28 @ 0930 PDT/1230 EDT
43 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Far Cry 5 started out great then went to shit for me. I think I'm done with this series. I'm interested in how they are handling this with the next gen consoles.

Far Cry 5 was just way too fuckin' chaotic. It just didn't feel like you were making a difference in anything. Literally every 20 yards you were being assaulted by a bunch of dudes in a truck or a plane flying over or a wild animal. It was just a constant barrage. I never felt like I could formulate a tactic and attack, or just retreat to the wilderness to regroup. There was always something happening, ALL THE TIME.

Far Cry needs to go back to the isolated "Die Hard" mentality of one person wreaking havoc on a band of bad guys.

I'm actually working my way through Far Cry 3 right now.  I fired up my Xbox and found that I apparently owned the game.  I'm enjoying it, actually.

I sank a few hours into FC4 and it didn't hold my interest and put it down after maybe 8 to 10 hours.  Maybe it as the setting or the dull protagonist, I dunno.  Never got around to FC5.

2 hours ago, Dre801 said:

I'm actually working my way through Far Cry 3 right now.  I fired up my Xbox and found that I apparently owned the game.  I'm enjoying it, actually.

I sank a few hours into FC4 and it didn't hold my interest and put it down after maybe 8 to 10 hours.  Maybe it as the setting or the dull protagonist, I dunno.  Never got around to FC5.

I enjoyed FC4 more than FC3. Haven't started FC 5 yet.

Just now, best3444 said:

Part 4 was pretty good. I suggest you skip part 5. It's not good lol.

Reall? It looks pretty good to me and I know some people here were playing it. Aside from frequent kidnappings ( I think that was this one) what's the issue with it? I already own it so I'm GONNA play it at some point.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Reall? It looks pretty good to me and I know some people here were playing it. Aside from frequent kidnappings ( I think that was this one) what's the issue with it? I already own it so I'm GONNA play it at some point.

20 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Far Cry 5 was just way too fuckin' chaotic. It just didn't feel like you were making a difference in anything. Literally every 20 yards you were being assaulted by a bunch of dudes in a truck or a plane flying over or a wild animal. It was just a constant barrage. I never felt like I could formulate a tactic and attack, or just retreat to the wilderness to regroup. There was always something happening, ALL THE TIME.

Far Cry needs to go back to the isolated "Die Hard" mentality of one person wreaking havoc on a band of bad guys.

This. It's a mess throughout. I never even finished it because I was do annoyed with the issues explained above. 

The structure of Far Cry 5 drove me crazy as well. Being kidnapped periodically really put a damper on things. I actually enjoyed New Dawn better. It had a nice progression system with upgrading the base and getting better vehicles/guns/maps/etc.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Part 4 was pretty good. I suggest you skip part 5. It's not good lol.

Far Cry 3 is the best in the series IMO, the story, characters and stuff that happens in it are totally batshit crazy and I love it. Far Cry 4 felt like more of the same, but a step back/toned down in many ways. While I still liked it, it wasn’t quite as entertaining as Far Cry 3 IMO. As for Far Cry 5 I wouldn’t say that it’s not good as it has some redeeming factors, but it’s definitely not great either IMO. Taking place in rural America, and playing as a silent protagonist didn’t really appeal to me. And the story is farfetched even for a Far Cry game. But as a pure open world FPS sandbox game, it’s not bad.