Keep cars out of cities

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Just checked in on my old apartment. 1br units are going for what I paid for a 2br two years ago. And the one 2br unit that is available is more than my mortgage. Shits wild. 

I rented a two bedroom house in Portland (like, full house with a yard, no shared walls and the full business) that I left in 2017 or so. I paid $1500/mo. I saw it recently for $2600.

It should be noted that that house was an absolute shit hole with an owner that lived in Arizona and didn't give a fuck about it.

At least Portland is gradually chipping away at zoning restrictions. You're now allowed to build up to (iirc) a quadplex on any lot and they don't have parking space restrictions anymore. Or at least you don't have to have a parking space for every bedroom or whatever ridiculous bullshit it was at before.

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Pretty sure he isn't driving it anywhere

Pretty sure he is

Gonzalez's famous drivable home was the positive results of hard times. He says the support from Austin residents helps keep him going, and he especially appreciates that Travis County authorities have only pulled him over to compliment his home, not give him a citation. 

• 3 weeks later...
37f813c148ceb429a82e70ca626401d1.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

WASHINGTON—In keeping with its mission to address the nation’s environmental challenges, the Department of Energy introduced a new program Monday that provides pedestrians and cyclists with economic incentives to switch to electric vehicles. “As the effects of climate change worsen, we can no longer rely upon…

• Halal 1

On 6/13/2022 at 8:52 PM, Jason said:
37f813c148ceb429a82e70ca626401d1.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

WASHINGTON—In keeping with its mission to address the nation’s environmental challenges, the Department of Energy introduced a new program Monday that provides pedestrians and cyclists with economic incentives to switch to electric vehicles. “As the effects of climate change worsen, we can no longer rely upon…

It took me a while to realize it was from The Onion because this is entirely realistic.

• Halal 1