Keep cars out of cities

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I feel like this sentiment is because of how shitty our transportation options are for most cities in the US, whereas globally a lot of cities have areas that are walkable only making it far more enjoyable.

Naw, its because i have no interest in being a sardine in a can. I can't think of a worse fate for me than paying a fortune to live in a tiny apartment surrounded by millions of people I don't know or really generally like. Others obviously don't mind it, but I certainly don't understand it. 

Not having a yard, not being able to to hit the snowmobile trails from my house, having to run on streets full of people (im a morning runner), the only nature being unnatural ass parks. I shudder just thinking about it. Its not the transportation, its the people, cement, pave and huge ass ugly steel buildings everywhere. It feels unnatural.

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Naw, its because i have no interest in being a sardine in a can. I can't think of a worse fate for me than paying a fortune to live in a tiny apartment surrounded by millions of people I don't know or really generally like. Others obviously don't mind it, but I certainly don't understand it. 

Not having a yard, not being able to to hit the snowmobile trails from my house, having to run on streets full of people (im a morning runner), the only nature being unnatural ass parks. I shudder just thinking about it. Its not the transportation, its the people, cement, pave and huge ass ugly steel buildings everywhere. It feels unnatural.

Don’t worry, you only feel this way because you’re dumb 

Just now, BloodyHell said:

How is the government subsizing my lifestyle anymore than it is yours? 

It's not us country folk destroying the environment.

Roads and infrastructure aren't free. Cities are inherently more tax efficient (more $/acre) and less polluting than rural life. These are facts not my opinion

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Roads and infrastructure aren't free. Cities are inherently more tax efficient (more $/acre) and less polluting than rural life. These are facts not my opinion

Roads gere haven't been paved in decades. They patch them every 6 or 7 years, with tar and crush rock. We aren't the problem, and again, we aren't destroying the environment 

53 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Naw, its because i have no interest in being a sardine in a can. I can't think of a worse fate for me than paying a fortune to live in a tiny apartment

18 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

If you say so. Meanwhile, ive got 4 acres and green grass and privacy when i leave my house. What do you have in your city, genius? 

Ah yes, the classic mental gymnastics of acknowledging that cities are expensive places to live while insisting it's not a sign that people consider them desirable places to live. 

Just now, Jason said:

Ah yes, the classic mental gymnastics of acknowledging that cities are expensive places to live while insisting it's not a sign that people consider them desirable places to live. 

I literally said just that if you had read further. But i still don't know why.

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Roads gere haven't been paved in decades. They patch them every 6 or 7 years, with tar and crush rock. We aren't the problem, and again, we aren't destroying the environment 

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

E360.YALE.EDU

Green rankings in the U.S. don’t tell the full story about the places where the human footprint is lightest. If you really want the best environmental model, you need to look at the nation’s biggest —...

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. 

E360.YALE.EDU

Green rankings in the U.S. don’t tell the full story about the places where the human footprint is lightest. If you really want the best environmental model, you need to look at the nation’s biggest —...

Lol, an opinion piece? 

Stopped reading at "NYC is greener than Rural Vermont, I Believe".

Cities are major pollution centers, and a massive driver of greenhouse grass, not country people enjoying their private lawns.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Per Capita values how do they work

Right. Rural living is very carbon intensive, e.g. because of driving long distances all the time instead of taking transit for shorter distances. The whole point of the article is the fallacy he's falling into, rural areas look green whole cities look like ecological disasters, but per capita carbon intensity is way less and the idea is you sacrifice a few square miles in exchange for being able to leave a much larger area of land alone. 

Speaking as someone who also cannot tell the difference between blue and purple in most situations, I resemble that remark.

At least the map didn't use a red-green color grade. That shit infuriates me. Thanks for making your map look like someone threw up on my screen.

19 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Speaking as someone who also cannot tell the difference between blue and purple in most situations, I resemble that remark.

At least the map didn't use a red-green color grade. That shit infuriates me. Thanks for making your map look like someone threw up on my screen.

The real Big Lie is colors. There are really only like 4 colors. But Crayola and Big Crayon are lying to us to sell their shit.