Jump to content

Who is the most near-sighted person on D1P?


Joe
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Jose said:

I feel like I remember @Jason having a stronger prescription than me, but not sure. 

 

I am -9.5 in my left-eye and -8.5 in my right.

 

:o Yeah, mine is stronger than yours, but not by a ton, it's really rare I meet someone nearly as close to me as you are. Usually they'll be more like -4 territory.

 

For contacts, -10.5 left eye, -10 right eye, but the eye doctor thought I could have gone -11 left eye (I was worried about going stronger than I needed to since that can speed up things getting worse). For glasses I think my current ones are -11, -10.25, but I also chose not to update them last year since I mostly just wear them at home at the end of the day. Will probably refresh that this year since I'm looking at probably having a ton of money left over in my FSA because of COVID driving so much stuff to calls/video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jason said:

 

:o Yeah, mine is stronger than yours, but not by a ton, it's really rare I meet someone nearly as close to me as you are. Usually they'll be more like -4 territory.

 

For contacts, -10.5 left eye, -10 right eye, but the eye doctor thought I could have gone -11 left eye (I was worried about going stronger than I needed to since that can speed up things getting worse). For glasses I think my current ones are -11, -10.25, but I also chose not to update them last year since I mostly just wear them at home at the end of the day. Will probably refresh that this year since I'm looking at probably having a ton of money left over in my FSA because of COVID driving so much stuff to calls/video.

 

Yeah, I only remember because I am by far the most near-sighted person I know, so to have someone with a stronger prescription is pretty legit.

 

I thought of this thread because I was reordering my contacts and I found a discount contact website that only went as high as -9. Feels bad, man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

I thought of this thread because I was reordering my contacts and I found a discount contact website that only went as high as -9. Feels bad, man.

 

:(

 

It also sucks that they stop making quarter steps this high. There have been a lot of times where realistically, I land on the quarter step and then there's a lot of agonizing about which half step to go with (like last time, since I'm so right eye dominant anyhow, I figured better to err on the safe side with the left eye strength).

 

Do you take advantage of being able to slide your contact lens over/lift your glasses to shove things up close to your face and it's like a built-in magnifying glass? :p It's like the only remotely useful thing that comes out of being this nearsighted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

:(

 

It also sucks that they stop making quarter steps this high. There have been a lot of times where realistically, I land on the quarter step and then there's a lot of agonizing about which half step to go with (like last time, since I'm so right eye dominant anyhow, I figured better to err on the safe side with the left eye strength).

 

Do you take advantage of being able to slide your contact lens over/lift your glasses to shove things up close to your face and it's like a built-in magnifying glass? :p It's like the only remotely useful thing that comes out of being this nearsighted.

 

That sounds bananas. I will have to try it out.

 

By the way, have you asked your ophthalmologist to re-check your prescription post-dilation? Because I tried a new ophthalmologist this year and he was the first one in my life to do this. Apparently, other eye doctors had been overprescribing me for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

By the way, have you asked your ophthalmologist to re-check your prescription post-dilation?

 

I'll pay attention to it the next time I go in, but from what I recall this doctor uses a machine pre-dilation to get a baseline, and then does the red/green charts post-dilation. Unless you mean something different?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jason said:

 

I'll pay attention to it the next time I go in, but from what I recall this doctor uses a machine pre-dilation to get a baseline, and then does the chart post-dilation. Unless you mean something different?

 

Yeah like does he have you read the chart post-dilation. I had some shitty eye doctors in JC, I guess.

 

I was told this year that -9.5/-8.5 was too strong and that my true Rx was -8.5/-7.5. It was quite a stark difference though, so I am currently trying -9/-8 and I am getting used to it. Crazy because the tech told him I needed -10 for my left-eye before he re-did the chart post-dilation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bloodporne said:

This reminds me to go get my fucking eyes checked. I literally cheated on my last driver license vision test and I'm not proud of it. 

 

At least you don't have to worry about glaucoma and retinal detachment at the age of 34.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...