Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "The Last Chapter" trailer - free update that ties up the loose ends of Eivor's story

Commissar SFLUFAN

i took me around 9hrs to complete all the side stuff in the opening area and advance the story to 

Spoiler

England

The contrast in colors from the opening area to here is really amazing.

also.... 

Spoiler

i got to burn down a monastery and a church

so this might be the best game ever.. lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, atom631 said:

i took me around 9hrs to complete all the side stuff in the opening area and advance the story to 

Reveal hidden contents

The contrast in colors from the opening area to here is really amazing.

also.... 

Reveal hidden contents

so this might be the best game ever.. lol

Were you able to beat the guy in the cave? I figured it was just one of those things i'd have to come back to later.

25 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Were you able to beat the guy in the cave? I figured it was just one of those things i'd have to come back to later.

yeah. i was power level 25 and completed all the wealth/artifacts/mysteries in the area first. I fully upgraded my raven gearset as much as i could. also had Eivor's fathers axe as high as i could upgrade (and the shield) and it was still really close. 

Since its such a hike to get there, make sure you have full rations. I went there, saw that i could do it as i was getting close- but had no rations. i had to fast travel back to town, buy rations and make the hike there again. once i got back, i took me about another 3-5 tries before i got him. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

On a 65" TV the difference between 1440P and 4K is clear. :p 

I can see the difference on a 27" monitor because I'm 2 feet from it... but the difference between 1440p to 4k and a much higher FPS is continually not worth it for me. That buttery smoothness is so much more noticeable and enjoyable for me. Temporal resolution > regular resolution

Just now, Xbob42 said:

I can see the difference on a 27" monitor because I'm 2 feet from it... but the difference between 1440p to 4k and a much higher FPS is continually not worth it for me. That buttery smoothness is so much more noticeable and enjoyable for me. Temporal resolution > regular resolution

Oh I agree! But fortunately don't have to choose, yay! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Given the choice between 1440p60 or 4k30, I'd go with the former every time.  Even more so if 1440p is the bottom point.

It gets a bit harder for me if it's between 1080p60 and 30fps at a higher resolution.  It depends on the game.  I played through Hellblade recently at 1600p30, no regrets.

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

The stupid dice game is addictive as hell

Agreed. I jumped on for an hour yesterday between ps5 games. Fired up the xbox to do a couple of quests, spent the hour playing dice. This is the problem I have with Gwent.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Gamefly mailed my copy on Monday and it’s still not here :( 

This is part of the reason I went all digital. No waiting for games, preloading, and no disks and clutter.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

This is part of the reason I went all digital. No waiting for games, preloading, and no disks and clutter.

When it’s a game I’m gonna play once and am not super hyped for, I can’t justify spending full MSRP, so I restarted my GF sub at 1 game at a time for $16/month. This way I can play AC: Valhalla, Demon Souls, and maybe Hyrule Warriors and/or Godfall between now and the end of the year for a grand total of $32, then probably cancel the sub again :p 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

When it’s a game I’m gonna play once and am not super hyped for, I can’t justify spending full MSRP, so I restarted my GF sub at 1 game at a time for $16/month. This way I can play AC: Valhalla, Demon Souls, and maybe Hyrule Warriors and/or Godfall between now and the end of the year for a grand total of $32, then probably cancel the sub again :p 

Man, I pretty much forgot about Gamefly. Interesting. I never even thought it was still running.

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Just finished a 150 hour journey through rdr2.

I have this downloaded ready to play today! I'm going in with low expectations.

You might want to wear a seat belt, it's gonna be whiplash-inducing going from a game like RDR2 to one where moving the control stick visibly moves the character on-screen at the same time.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Rdr2 is now my favorite game this gen. After completing it last night I was sad it was over. Assassin's creed valhalla is going to really have to immerse me like rdr2. I hope I enjoy it. 

Valhalla leans more into video game fun than pure immersion, so I don't think it'll immerse you like RDR2.

Has any AC game been all that immersive? They've always been pretty arcadey to me.

Does female Eivor's voice sound off to anyone else? Not really the tone or even the little bit of gravel in her voice, but it just seems like the VA is really straining to maintain it. It comes off as really forced. Like when someone tries to talk loud, yet still kind of whisper at the same time. It doesn't really make or break the character for me, but it still just comes off as kinda weird. 

14 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Has any AC game been all that immersive? They've always been pretty arcadey to me.

Maybe you missed the part where there is this thing called the Animus and you literally immerse yourself in it and are swept away to times past.

If anything it's the most immersive game series ever created!

Loving it so far. 6 hours in and it's been nothing but fun and has a great flow to it. Combat is solid, visuals can be beautiful at times, and the characters and story are interesting. 

It's pretty different than any assassin's creed game I've played. I think it's for the better. It's more focused and streamlined. 

Anyone on the fence I say buy it!