Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "The Last Chapter" trailer - free update that ties up the loose ends of Eivor's story

Commissar SFLUFAN

Also (sorry if old) but upon firing up valhalla yesterday in a while I noticed in the menu screen they advertise a playable demo of 

ea657ccb20b711c66b95d62b4b49c691-98.jpg
WWW.METACRITIC.COM

Immortals Fenyx Rising: A New God for Xbox Series X game reviews & Metacritic score: As Fenyx, overcome the legendary trials and challenges of the gods of Olympos to change the...

That's the next game I play.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Ok, cool. How many hours did it take you to beat the campaign?

My game clock is at ~125 hours -- but I've probably done 80% of the mysteries/wealth/artifacts, and spent ~10 hours in the river raid mode, and I make sure I do the daily quests.  If you mainlined it, you could probably do it in <60 hours.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Just finished the Hordafylke region last night.

Phoebe Buffay Mind Blown GIF by Friends

After that near Kojima-length cutscene...  Not sure what to say.  That is not where I thought this was going.

You mean 

Spoiler

Them awakening Basym?

If so, yeah, that was the most interesting thing to happen in the modern part of the game in a long time.

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

You mean 

Reveal hidden contents

That was a big part of it.

Spoiler

I really liked how they tied in what was happening in the "historical world" and the "modern day" together.  I've been told that there is a cut scene that I haven't seen yet (by completing the anomalies) that will make Basim's actions make more sense.

I'll be honest, I found the story in the second half in the game to be really strong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: Title Update 1.2.0 announced for March 16 release
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "Wrath of the Druids" DLC set in Ireland to release on 29 April 2021
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "Wrath of the Druids" DLC delayed to May 13
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "Wrath of the Druids" expansion trailer

Game Information

Game Title: Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids

Platforms:

• Xbox Series X/S (May 13, 2021)
  • PlayStation 5 (May 13, 2021)
  • PC (May 13, 2021)
  • Xbox One (May 13, 2021)
  • PlayStation 4 (May 13, 2021)

Publisher: Ubisoft

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 75 average - 53% recommended

Critic Reviews

Generación Xbox - Spanish - 9.2 / 10

‎It is true that there will be some players who may consider it continuing or who do not add enough content and novelties to justify their purchase, especially with some mechanics that may become repetitive or somewhat generic locations, but I assure you that that feeling will not last you if you give it a try. For me, ‎‎the Wrath of the Druids is a very good expansion that any lover of the saga and Valhalla should not miss.‎

Gamers Heroes - 90 / 100

Wrath of the Druids is near perfect in its execution, a flawless combination of challenge and accessibility that paves the way for a glorious adventure into the darker side of Irish mythology and legend. Everything has been carefully packaged with incredible visuals, worthwhile new endeavors, and a cast of characters just as memorable as the original game.

God is a Geek - 9 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids presents a good 12 to 18 hours of new story and side content, with loads to get stuck into.

But Why Tho? - 8.5 / 10

“Wrath of the Druids” is an excellent DLC. It does everything right in setting the new locale apart from its neighbor to the east while delivering a strong new plot and set of characters. Not every new mechanic feels fully realized, but for what they do offer, I enjoyed them and particularly enjoyed the way they played into the greater mythos and context of the game as a whole. If the remainder of Assassin’s Creed Valhall‘s major DLC—and future Assassin’s Creed stories, for that matter—follow suit, I’ll be very glad for it.

Critical Hit - 8.5 / 10

Ireland is beautiful beyond words, the hidden secrets make exploring the Emerald Isle more fascinating than the paint by numbers main campaign, and if you're looking for plenty of familiar bang for your Hiberno-Norse coinage, Wrath of the Druids certainly has all that and more.

Press Start - 8.5 / 10

All in all, Wrath of the Druids is a great addition to Valhalla’s already well-bolstered package. Visiting Ireland, learning about its rich history and mythology is something I’d never thought that I would be interested in. But Wrath of the Druids is so engaging that it’s hard not to recommend to people who enjoyed Valhalla. Just don’t expect it to reinvent the wheel, but instead, bring a few more.

Atomix - Spanish - 80 / 100

Wrath of the Druids is a DLC that is responsible for delivering an entertaining story with a couple of changes to the formula seen in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Attack of the Fanboy - 4 / 5 stars

If you are still enjoying Valhalla then Wrath of the Druids is worth a gander. Hopefully the Siege of Paris expansion breaks the mold a little, but for now this first expansion acts as a serviceable excuse to revisit Assassin's Creed Valhalla, if nothing more than to tour about 9th century Ireland.

GameSkinny - 8 / 10 stars

Wrath of the Druids DLC for Assassin's Creed Valhalla takes Eivor to Ireland. It's got more than enough twists on the base formula to pull you back in.

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids offers a sizeable amount of new content to an already huge game.

PC Invasion - 8 / 10

Though there are a few minor issues, Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids gives you a lot of reasons to continue Eivor's journey thanks to a lush and vibrant land to explore. Fighting the druidic cult is also a treat owing to their usage of wild animals, poisons, and flames. The additional activities you can do, such as building your trading posts and finding collectibles, add more hours to the experience.

PCGamesN - 8 / 10

A hefty expansion that offers up to 20 more hours of what Valhalla does so brilliantly, slightly marred by some half-baked side quests.

PlayStation Universe - 8 / 10

Wrath of the Druids does exactly what you'd expect: more of Valhalla's gameplay with a new story arc. With a large amount of extra content for players, and a whole new region to explore that feels distinctly different from England, this expansion is a solid one for new and returning players. Just don't expect any major new gameplay changes or features.

Push Square - 8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids is one of the series' best expansions. In its beautiful but sombre open world depiction of Ireland, it provides an intriguing story that combines history and folklore to great effect. A range of new weapons and armour sets help sweeten the deal, while more engaging combat scenarios keep you on your toes. If you're already a fan of Valhalla, this Emerald Isle adventure is very hard to fault.

TechRaptor - 8 / 10

I loved Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and so I loved my time with Wrath of the Druids. But after a 55 hour base game, a change of pace would have been very welcome.

Wccftech - 8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Wrath of the Druids is a more than worthy expansion to the latest entry in the series, featuring a new beautiful map to explore, an engaging story, charming characters, new abilities, and plenty of other new content in the form of new gear, abilities and cosmetics. The new mechanics don't fundamentally change how the game plays, so those who didn't like Assassin's Creed Valhalla to begin with will not change their mind with the expansion. Everyone else, however, will love every second of their time in Ireland as they did with their time in Norway and England.

AusGamers - 7.8 / 10

Ireland may be a neighbouring stomping ground to <b>England</b>, but that doesn't mean they're like for like in the biome department.

IGN Italy - Italian - 7.8 / 10

Wrath of the Druids is a solid expansion for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, surprisingly huge and well structured, but at the time quite self indulgent in terms of storytelling and a little bit unpolished. It brings an interesting variant gameplay loop and offers 15 hours of contents, so it's perfect for die hard fans of the main campaign.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 7.5 / 10

Druids' wrath is ultimately good additional content for assassin's creed valhalla season pass. The Irish expansion provides a challenging and stimulating experience, and in terms of quantity the content proposed in the DLC has been more than satisfactory. It is in essence, however, that Eivor's new adventure would have needed a greater refine: the narrative component, more linear and less disorganic than the English countryside, lends itself to several drops in rhythm while proposing some interesting characters.

GamingTrend - 75 / 100

Wrath of the Druids is simply more Assassin's Creed Valhalla, both for good and ill. For a paid expansion, it doesn't add much new or interesting and the main quest doesn't have much to deal with Druids. Still, more Valhalla is more Valhalla and it's enjoyable for what it is.

SomosXbox - Spanish - 7.5 / 10

‎Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Wrath of the Druids is a remarkable expansion of Assassin's Creed Valhalla that nourishes the game with new content with its own history and that despite not adding anything to the main game leads us to an interesting and personality adventure, in a place of the most captivating.‎

Game Revolution - 7 / 10

Wrath of the Druids has a lot of the same shortcomings as the main game. The story is too concerned with political intrigue that isn’t that intriguing, the landscape is mostly barren greenery that’s unexciting to traverse, and the overall game hardly hovers above the average baseline it rests upon, just to name a few of the overlapping problems. But Wrath of the Druids does leapfrog the base experience because of its relative focus that organically slices off the astounding amount of bloat inherent to a game that large. It doesn’t magically make Assassin’s Creed Valhalla a better game, but it does show that sometimes, a smaller serving can make a huge difference.

IGN - 7 / 10

A strong Irish story and a few interesting battles amid a sea of run-of-the-mill recycled quests make Wrath of the Druids worth a return trip to Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

The Escapist - 7 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids review: This Ubisoft DLC delivers more of what players loved, now in Ireland, and that's it.

Windows Central - 3.5 / 5 stars

Wrath of the Druids is very much an expansion to Valhalla, for better or worse. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, but there are over a dozen hours of content in Ireland to experience. If you're looking for more of the same from the base game, this is it.

Worth Playing - 6.8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids is a solid stand-alone story experience that takes place during Valhalla's storyline. While boasting a decent story, it never breaks the mold of the established formula, feeling more like "yet another kingmaker story" rather than an adventure that lives up to the potential of the setting. It has a few new ideas and spins a few old mechanics into a new form, but at the end of the day, it plays it way too safe, which causes it to feel uninspired. If you loved Valhalla, this DLC will give you more of that, but if you're already fatigued by its repetitive gameplay, Wrath of the Druids won't change that.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 66 / 100

It repeats the typical mistake of other DLCs from the franchise (repeating the mechanics of the main game with a coat of paint), but its simple, focused story is well developed.

Destructoid - 6.5 / 10

Wrath of the Druids is simply more Assassin's Creed Valhalla, with a few added twists and some of the same baggage. The benefit of not swinging for the fences is that you're getting more AC comfort food, even if it falls far short of a home run. For 25 bucks, you might need something a little more than that.

Game Rant - 3 / 5 stars

Overall, Wrath of the Druids is not a bad addition to Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It's even a good one for those who want any reason to step in Eivor's shoes again. But for those who have turned their attention elsewhere, it doesn't do much to bring them back.

Screen Rant - 3 / 5 stars

This leaves Wrath of the Druids as a decent if uninspired first major DLC pack for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Its truly brilliant moments are worth playing, and those who enjoyed the core gameplay loop of the main game will be satisfied. However, elements like resource gathering and generic side quests could certainly have been cut to make way for more divergent design, to make use of Ireland and all its history.

GameSpot - 5 / 10

Wrath of the Druids is Assassin's Creed Valhalla's first major post-launch DLC, though its story unfortunately doesn't tie back to the main game very well.

Gameblog - French - 5 / 10

Despite the prospect of discovering the green lands of Ireland, it's hard to get excited after a dozen hours spent on The Wrath of the Druids: this first expansion of Assassin's Creed Valhalla is content despite a handful of novelties to recycle the formula of the main adventure, which may quickly tire those who have already completed it. While waiting for the Siege of Paris, which we hope will be much more inspired, we will advise the conquerors to go quietly to their business, waiting for better, less misty days.

Eurogamer - No Recommendation / Blank

Wrath of the Druids is a meaty expansion which succeeds in taking Valhalla to new shores, even if the path sometimes feels familiar.

Spaziogames - Italian - Unscored

The initial DLC of the season pass follows in the footsteps both in terms of narration, something we would have avoided, and gameplay, of which it inherits strengths and weaknesses, and to which just a couple of additions have been made to embellish a playful picture already discreetly innovated by the basic game.

Vamers - Recommended

As an expansion, Wrath of the Druids is extremely good. It adds so much wonderful content to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla that it makes it extremely easy to overlook the few small oddities it brings along. The story is, without a doubt, the strongest facet of Wrath of the Druids. While it may feel a bit short (coming in at around fifteen hours), it does take Evior across the majority of Ireland by means of an engrossing story arc. It also lets players soak up all of the lusciousness of the green and rainy Irish countryside, and hosts a vast number of beautiful vistas to enjoy and get lost in. Lastly, The Children of Danu are a cool new faction adding much-needed flavour to a world previously dominated by the usual bandit or Dane infested roads of England – the new gear is pretty awesome to collect too. Wrath of the Druids feels like Ubisoft tried to one-up Fate of Atlantis, while simultaneously keeping unnecessary waffling in the narrative to a minimum – thus enhancing everything else the expansion has to offer. It is an absolute must-play for all gamers who enjoy Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.

pjimage-51-1.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Wrath of the Druids DLC is even better than the base game, and that's coming from an actual Irish person.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "Wrath of the Druids" reviews from OpenCritic posted

The game is big enough for me to worry about this. Doesn't sound to hot any way.

Edit: After reading some reviews this doesn't sound bad. I probably still won't touch it. I still have many hours left in the main game. It's amazing how much content these games offer and it's usually quality stuff.

Wrath of the Druids sounds great, I’m going to buy it despite feeling that $25 is a bit steep for expansion content for a game that I paid $30 for. But the content seems to be really good/lengthy, so I should find it to be worth it. It came out at a good time since I’m currently playing Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "Sigrblot Season" (July 29) and "Siege of Paris" (August 12) trailers
  • 3 weeks later...

Game Information

Game Title: Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris

Platforms:

• Xbox Series X/S (Aug 12, 2021)
  • PlayStation 5 (Aug 12, 2021)
  • PC (Aug 12, 2021)
  • Xbox One (Aug 12, 2021)
  • PlayStation 4 (Aug 12, 2021)
  • Google Stadia (Aug 12, 2021)

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal

Publisher: Ubisoft

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 73 average - 45% recommended

Critic Reviews

GamingTrend - 95 / 100

The Siege of Paris is a very enjoyable step up from Wrath of the Druids and leaves you wanting more, in a good way. If this is indeed the final big expansion for Valhalla, it's a high note to end on. While I'm not a fan of the infinite content machines the developers seem intent on shoving into every game, the story content is excellent, Paris and the surrounding countryside are gorgeous, and the new gameplay additions mix things up enough to feel worthy of a paid DLC.

Noisy Pixel - 9 / 10

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris is an awesome expansion featuring gorgeous environments to explore and dozens of ways to progress through the campaign. There’s around 15 hours of content to dive into, packed with choice-driven events and distracting treasures. The added infiltration missions make the expansion feel like a true Assassin’s Creed title, but that also includes the limited enemy AI and random glitches fans of the series are used to by now.

XGN.nl - Dutch - 8.5 / 10

With The Siege of Paris Ubisoft delivers another excellent expansion for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. The main story line is diverse and much more than just a siege, Paris and the surrounding areas are beautifully crafted and rats are an interessant new mechanic - altough not always executed that well.

GameSpew - 8 / 10

In many ways, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris feels like the Assassin’s Creed of old. A smaller affair with a story that actually feels like it has stakes, its characters are interesting and a little more fleshed out in some cases, making the twists it sends your way more impactful. Throw in the engaging assassination missions, and you have a brilliant piece of DLC that’s not to be missed. If you own a copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you owe it to yourself to play The Siege of Paris.

Gamers Heroes - 80 / 100

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris is very much a creature of habit, offering more of what we've seen before and doing very little to break away from its tried and tested roots. Whether that's good or bad is entirely up to you. If you've loved the path so far, you're sure to love Eivor's latest adventure; just watch out for those bloody rats.

God is a Geek - 8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris is an excellent expansion, offering some new mechanics and a magnificent story.

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

Assassins Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris is an enjoyable expansion to an already massive game.

PCGamesN - 8 / 10

The return of classic Assassin's Creed infiltration missions makes this DLC a worthwhile trip for long-time fans and recent devotees alike, although not all of its new ideas work quite so well.

Push Square - 8 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris is another great expansion that fans of the base game won't want to miss. However, unlike Wrath of the Druids, the second DLC's strength is rooted in its adaptation of the old Assassin's Creed formula. Black box assassination missions are the stars of the show, where stealth and deception are brought back into fashion. What's more, the story's darker tone makes for some memorable moments.

Twinfinite - 4 / 5

It’s a throwback to old Assassin’s Creed I’m sure fans of the franchise, rather than just fans of Valhalla, will love. And for that reason, in combination with the fact that it tells an interesting story, offers a great reason to reboot or reinstall the game for those who haven’t returned since completing it last year.

VG247 - 4 / 5 stars

Ultimately, the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Siege of Paris DLC is a worthy add-on with a good story and great emphasis on more interactive gameplay. While its narrative stakes feel relatively low, Eivor has real impetus in how everything unfolds throughout the well-paced plot.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 7.8 / 10

The Siege of Paris rests solidly on the playful and technical foundations of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and in some respects does not reach the scenic heights of Eivor's Irish journey. France is an open world less beautiful to look at and more contained in terms of extension, but more dense and varied on the front of activities.

COGconnected - 74 / 100

With its more focused campaign less burdened by irrelevancy, The Siege of Paris is a leaner, tighter and brisker expansion than Wrath of the Druids or much of the main story. The new/old Infiltration mechanic is a welcome changeup from the usual routine of explore and battle, but maybe not enough to entirely wipe away the feeling that the Siege of Paris is sticking a little too close to the template. What it lacks in creativity, bold new mechanics and mission structures, The Siege of Paris delivers in art direction, atmosphere and story. Though I personally enjoyed the visit to Ireland a little more, Eivor’s trip to Francia is by no means lacking in quality. For better or worse, it’s just more of the same.

Worth Playing - 7.1 / 10

The Siege of Paris DLC for Assassin's Creed Valhalla is less bloated, and that is a positive. It still recycles most of what it did previously, so this expansion does little to get you onboard if you're already burned out on it. As an expansion of Valhalla, The Siege of Paris seriously trims the fat and provides one of the better story arcs we've seen for this entry. The welcome reintroduction of black box missions provides a diversion from the regular grind that is so prevalent in its other content. It's a step in the right direction.

But Why Tho? - 7 / 10

If you’re a fan of the base game, then Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Siege of Paris is more of what you’re already excited about. But it’s a weaker DLC than “Wrath of the Druids,” to be sure, despite higher levels of marketing hype.

Enternity.gr - Greek - 7 / 10

The greatest issue of The Siege of Paris is that it shows several things, but it does not try something drastically new.

Gameblog - French - 7 / 10

With The Siege of Paris, Assassin's Creed Valhalla goes back to the serie's roots by allowing players to find the best way to get rid of their victims. With a very french intrigue and setting, this episode offers a pretty good reason to launch the game once again, sacrebleu !

GamingBolt - 7 / 10

The Siege of Paris' Infiltration Missions will surely appeal to fans of classic Assassin's Creed games, but by and large, Valhalla's second DLC feels like more of the same. It's a solid expansion, but far from essential.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 70 / 100

It lacks relevant new features in the gameplay department, but the story and the new characters are engaging.

Merlin'in Kazanı - Turkish - 70 / 100

Siege of Paris is an expansion pack that adds much more content to the base game. In fact, it provides something that we all missed. The assassination missions. With Siege of Paris, the assassination missions finally come back.

PlayStation Universe - 7 / 10

The Siege of Paris is a step down from the first DLC, offering only half the content.

Windows Central - 3.5 / 5 stars

The Siege of Paris takes us to a brand-new location and brings back the wonderful black box assassination missions from Unity, but mostly fails to provide a compelling narrative to back that up. Like Wrath of the Druids before it, a few new gameplay mechanics don't prevent The Siege of Paris from being more of the same.

Bazimag - Persian - 6.5 / 10

There was a lot of potential to make The Siege of Paris the most epic chapter in Eivor’s journey but sadly there isn’t enough meat here to chew on and the whole adventure ends on a kind of an unsatisfying climax.

Wccftech - 6.3 / 10

With a story that fails to go beyond serviceable and some not particularly inspired characters, Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris fails to reach the heights of the Wrath of the Druid expansion, basically offering more of the same in a somewhat uninteresting setting. The Infiltration Missions, a nice callback to earlier entries in the series, are not enough to salvage an experience that only the most die-hard Assassin's Creed Valhalla fans will thoroughly enjoy.

IGN - 6 / 10

Despite its satisfyingly open Infiltrations and the brisk bite of its scythes, The Siege of Paris doesn't feel like an essential addition when Valhalla already has Mjolonir's weight in nearly identical content.

Kakuchopurei - 60 / 100

If you're a fan of the era or just want more content, you should totally check out Assassin's Creed Valhalla The Siege Of Paris. However, other than the Black Box infiltration missions and some new weapons/gear, there's really not much else on offer in this latest DLC from Ubisoft.

PC Invasion - 6 / 10

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: The Siege of Paris lets you meet a robust cast of historical characters. Unfortunately, many of its features and mechanics feel severely lacking. The concepts that it tries to introduce are either poorly implemented or limited in comparison to other games.

Screen Rant - 3 / 5 stars

Overall, The Siege of Paris is a bit of a missed opportunity. It's still an awful lot of fun for those who enjoyed the base game, and the assassinations may be simple but do add a bit of a variety to the experience. However, there's little that's truly refreshing, and is not a must-have for those who own Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Sirus Gaming - 6 / 10

Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla Siege of Paris is a welcome addition to the main campaign. However, if you already didn’t like the main game, then this DLC might not be for you. But if you’re enticed with exploring a new land, story, and the return of Black Box assassination missions then Siege of Paris just may very well be worth your time.

Digital Trends - 2 / 5 stars

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Siege of Paris DLC is the same game, different setting -- nothing new to see here.

Console Creatures - Recommended

The Siege of Paris is some of Assassin's Creed's best storytelling and gameplay in the series' current generation.  With greater attention to telling a story that isn't as large and complex as the main game, The Siege of Paris is a DLC that won't be the longest experience you've played, but it'll be one of your favourites.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "Siege of Paris" DLC reviews from OpenCritic posted
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: "Discovery Tour: Viking Age" to release as free expansion on October 19
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: Title Update 1.4.0 notes posted (four new Tombs of the Fallen, Oskoreia Festival, new skills)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's Tombs of the Fallen hold funky new lore, mildly-challenging puzzles (Eurogamer)

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's new Tombs of the Fallen update heads back to the series' roots via a series of fun and mildly challenging puzzle platforming dungeons - and a sprinkling of intriguing new lore.

I played through the new content, added to Valhalla in yesterday's free 1.4.0 update, in around three hours last night. You get started by heading to the docks in Ravensthorpe, where villagers point to a disturbance across the water.

Fans had long suspected there was a mystery behind the various rocks scattered across Valhalla's world with symbols on them - dubbed Odin Runes. And, indeed, Eivor discovers she now has the power to make these rocks vanish, uncovering complex cave systems to explore.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Information Thread, update: Dawn of Ragnarök DLC (10 March 2022) announced and free Valhalla/Odyssey Crossover Story DLC featuring Kassandra to release tomorrow
2 hours ago, nublood said:

Have they fixed the laughably stupid AI in this game? I might re-visit this if they can improve it because I did enjoy it for the most part. Not sure how they managed to go backwards from AC Odyssey in terms of AI.

I doubt they fixed the brain dead AI. I just learned to except it but I'm going to restart this entire game now. I have 58 hours into it but it looks and runs so nice on the XSX. I want to go through the journey in true 4K and 60fps. 

37 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I doubt they fixed the brain dead AI. I just learned to except it but I'm going to restart this entire game now. I have 58 hours into it but it looks and runs so nice on the XSX. I want to go through the journey in true 4K and 60fps. 

Is it not true 4K/60 on the PS5?