Jump to content

Trying to move to new apartment by July 31st UPDATE I have finished moving into the new apartment.


Remarkableriots
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

These days I feel like you need a 2 person income to rent anything.

I’ve been living on my own for most of my 20’s, and it’s tough. It’s only in the last few months that I’ve made enough to put anything away for savings. Part of why I like living here in Cincinnati is that it’s a decently big city with plenty of things to do, but the cost of living can be relatively low. My basic one bedroom in a decent area is under $600 a month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, stepee said:

i mean you are just going to need to look for roommate wanted ads. 

 

After seeing this thread, I had a look at the area and unless you want to be shot, living in a sad looking studio, then this is the best option. You might even make a new friend!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Found a new apartment within my budget. It's twice as big as my apartment, has AC, stove, oven, kitchen sink, laundry rooms on every floor, delivery lockers, gym and 7 days a week staff available. Only $185 more compared to what I pay now.

Edited when I moved in the rent was $280 more instead of $185.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

I need to get a bed and furniture though because it isn't furnished. I only have a TV atm. 


Honestly hit the classifieds. You can get decent cheap or even free stuff. And put out the word to friends and family that you need stuff. This is usually the time someone realizes they can offload something to you for free or cheap and it’s easy to get a good deal if you already know them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Rachel said:


Honestly hit the classifieds. You can get decent cheap or even free stuff. And put out the word to friends and family that you need stuff. This is usually the time someone realizes they can offload something to you for free or cheap and it’s easy to get a good deal if you already know them. 

My family lives 2,000 miles away. I want something unused if possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rachel said:


Why did you move so far away? 

I moved to Florida after graduating high school with my mom. When i got kicked out of my moms i ended up at a shelter where i met a friend. My new friend and i moved into a hotel room for awhile. Around Thanksgiving another friend needed a ride home to North Carolina and one of my roommates girlfriends had a car so we went on a roadtrip. After dropping that friend off at his parents we decided we hated Florida and my roommates brother lived in Nevada. We first went to Las Vegas where we slept in the car or hotel rooms doing day labor jobs. Eventually the car died and we got tired of her so we left her at a homeless shelter. Eventually her father who was a pastor sent her a bus ticket home based on a letter she sent us later on. My friends brother drove down from Reno where he lived and brought us up to Reno. We both got jobs in Reno and moved into an apartment together for a couple years until he moved out of state and i stayed here in Reno for the past 18 years.

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I moved to Florida after graduating high school with my mom. When i got kicked out of my moms i ended up at a shelter where i met a friend. My new friend and i moved into a hotel room for awhile. Around Thanksgiving another friend needed a ride home to North Carolina and one of my roommates girlfriends had a car so we went on a roadtrip. After dropping that friend off at his parents we decided we hated Florida and my roommates brother lived in Nevada. We first went to Las Vegas where we slept in the car or hotel rooms doing day labor jobs. Eventually the car died and we got tired of her so we left her at a homeless shelter. Eventually her father who was a pastor sent her a bus ticket home based on a letter she sent us later on. My friends brother drove down from Reno where he lived and brought us up to Reno. We both got jobs in Reno and moved into an apartment together for a couple years until he moved out of state and i stayed here in Reno for the past 18 years.


well damn 

 

would you ever move back to Indiana?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dodger said:

Damn Reno is that expensive. 

About 7 years ago i lived in a luxury 2 bedroom apartment under $1,000 which now barely gets you a studio apartment. People have been leaving California and coming here for the past few years buying up all the houses and apartments causing the prices to skyrocket. My friend got his house at the perfect time and now his mortgage for a 3 bedroom house is cheaper compared to the studio apartment I'm moving into.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Why are you pushing him on this? He mentions getting kicked out, so it doesn’t seem like the best family situation. 


Not “pushing” anything. Just curious and asking questions. As someone else who lives far away from home, I’m curious about other people’s experience. 
 

All I’ve done is ask questions. Haven’t shared an opinion or made any suggestions. Don’t think it’s fair to say I’m “pushing” tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Why are you pushing him on this? He mentions getting kicked out, so it doesn’t seem like the best family situation. 

I needed that to happen at that point in my life. I didn't have a job and the checks I had been getting since my stepdad passed when I was 12 had stopped. My mom couldn't support both of us and I didn't want to face reality. The shelter I went to helped me find work and got my life on track. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...