Sign in to follow this  
skillzdadirecta

Television OZARK renewed for Fourth and Final season

"Supersized" at that.

The saga of the Byrde family will soon be coming to an end after Netflix renewed Ozark for an expanded fourth and final season. The drama, which stars Jason Bateman, Laura Linney and Julia Garner, has been renewed for 14 final episodes with the season split into two seven-episode parts. The new season will mark the final chapter in the Byrde family’s journey from suburban Chicago life to their criminal enterprise in the Ozarks, particularly after that season three ending.

So... Marty vs Wendy in season four?

I finally got around to this show earlier this year. It's great. Wasn't expecting it to end this soon, though. I figured they'd go for another 2-3 seasons.

I grew up around the Ozarks, a lot of this hits home for me.

I’m glad they have the sense to bring it home before it breaks down along the narrative road. These high tension shows always jump the shark when they stay as long as some fans want them to stay.

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I’m glad they have the sense to bring it home before it breaks down along the narrative road. These high tension shows always jump the shark when they stay as long as some fans want them to stay.

Yeah four to five seasons is about right for shows like this.

Nice. I watched the first few episodes when it first aired, but didn’t stick with it. Shortly after season 3 came out, I gave it another shot, and got caught up in like a week. :epilepsy:
With the momentum they’ve had up to this point, it would have been really hard to keep it going indefinitely.

50 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Like Breaking Bad. These shows need to have an end game.

Walking Dead should have met theirs years ago.

Walking dead lost me about season 4... When they spent a whole season looking for a girl lost in the woods. 

5 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Like Breaking Bad. These shows need to have an end game.

Walking Dead should have met theirs years ago.

Right on both counts.It's why Breaking Bad currently sits atop my list of all time favorite TV shows, dethroning my once champ The Wire. Breaking bad is such a tightly told saga.

4 hours ago, number305 said:

Walking dead lost me about season 4... When they spent a whole season looking for a girl lost in the woods. 

Walking Dead is just a text book example of a property being exploited into oblivion... that said I still watch it.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Walking Dead is just a text book example of a property being exploited into oblivion... that said I still watch it.

I'd give that award to Prison Break. It would have made for a great one and done show but at the end of season 1 they were like, "Hey we got renewed!" and then extended the show for another...5 years?