We have a few days, what do you predict/what would you like for the PS+ 10 year celebration?

gamer.tv

Shameless ripoff of a Reddit thread that I came across trying to find out any PS+ rumours. What would you like to see, especially with it potentially being a bumper month due to the anniversary of Playstation Plus. 

I'd be quite keen on a Playstation celebration, so Crash N. Sane Trilogy, Spryo Reignited and Medieval as they haven't popped up before and would give that 'anniversary' feeling. Online consensus suggests a horror title (Resident Evil 7 or Order: 1886) and Dark Souls/Monster Hunter World may be unveiled. 

What do you think/what would you like to see? I'm also sure when we know we can update the thread and everybody upvotes the winner/closest to show we value their contribution to this process.

Probably nothing. I doubt they'll even celebrate it (unless they announced they are going to and I missed it). 

16 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

How about letting us keep the games we redeem without needing an active subscription?

Haha that's called buying the game. No way they're going to change that. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brick said:

Haha that's called buying the game. No way they're going to change that. 

Umm, that’s what Xbox Live Gold does.  (Edit: apparently only for 360-era games... :/ )

Its still a bad deal relative to PC bundles like Humble Choice.  But it would soften the blow for paid online.

28 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Umm, that’s what Xbox Live Gold does.

Its still a bad deal relative to PC bundles like Humble Choice.  But it would soften the blow for paid online.

Oh do they? Well then I retract my previous statement. 

2 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

What happens if there's a lapse in your subscription?  When you re-start it do you get all of your previous PSPlus games back in your library, or do you start over?

You won't be able to play them until you renew. Once you do you are able to play them again. 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

You won't be able to play them until you renew. Once you do you are able to play them again. 

Cool so they stay in your library.  That's fair.

Now what they should do is automatically add the games if you have a subscription.  It's such a chore to go to the store to redeem them.

1 hour ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Xbox Live Gold only lets you keep the 360 games, right?  I know they used to let you keep the XB1 and 360 games, but I believe the XB1 games are now tied to your Live subscription.

It appears you’re right.  Microsoft walked back to a shittier policy for XBO games.  Because they were all about retconning their image problems from launch.

Screw em all.  PSN+ and Xbox Gold can go and die next gen.  I bet much of Sony’s PSN+ library won’t even be backwards compatible.

I won’t be surprised if these ‘services’ eventually drop the pretense of free games and lean in on early release dates and betas instead.  

2 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Xbox Live Gold only lets you keep the 360 games, right?  I know they used to let you keep the XB1 and 360 games, but I believe the XB1 games are now tied to your Live subscription.

They never let you keep XBO games. They've been tied to XBL subs since the start. 

That said, I can definitely see them phasing out Games with Gold in favor of Game Pass. I'd actually prefer them to put the money toward getting newer games on Game Pass sooner,  to be honest. GwG are basically just rentals anyway. If you have Game Pass Ultimate, there's really no difference between the GP games and the GwG games other than the fact that the GwG are yours to play indefinitely (as long as you have an XBL sub).