Would you prefer to eat two 'unhealthy' meals a day, or five, smaller, healthier ones?

gamer.tv

This literally popped into my head when, after initially planning a healthy dinner of wholewheat pasta with a tomato sauce, I threw caution to the wind and bought some pizza's for us instead. This then led to me thinking that I could probably eat pizza every day, but that I'd have to be careful about what else I'd eat and...well, here we are. 

Although I've phrased one of the diets as 'unhealthy', let's just assume that you do get all essential nutrients you'd need to fight off scurvy and rickets. 

An example of the two menu's might be: 

Unhealthy:

Steak, Hash Browns and Fried Eggs with Toast

16" pizza with wings

Healthy:

Overnight oats

Ants on sticks

Ham salad sandwich with crudites and low fat hummus

Smoothie

Brown rice with stir fried vegetables and grilled, spiced chicken

Would you rather binge twice, or eat more often.

Having a quick google: 

Steak: 250

Hash Browns: 350
Two Fried Eggs: 180 

Two pieces of Toast: 250 

Pizza: 2950 (Para John's cheese pizza)

Wings: 400 (6 domino's hot wings)

So 4380, which isn't that far off. We'll assume that for both diets, the person will lead an active lifestyle, exercise for an hour a day (30 minutes running, 30 minutes lifting would burn about 500). Throw on 2300 as BMR and then throw on the calories burning in an active, we'll call it even. 

14 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

Having a quick google: 

Steak: 250

Hash Browns: 350
Two Fried Eggs: 180 

Two pieces of Toast: 250 

Pizza: 2950 (Para John's cheese pizza)

Wings: 400 (6 domino's hot wings)

So 4380, which isn't that far off. We'll assume that for both diets, the person will lead an active lifestyle, exercise for an hour a day (30 minutes running, 30 minutes lifting would burn about 500). Throw on 2300 as BMR and then throw on the calories burning in an active, we'll call it even. 

I am hung over but how does 2800 calories and 4300 calories come out to even ?

17 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I am hung over but how does 2800 calories and 4300 calories come out to even ?

So BMR, the calories needed to maintain you at your basic level, 500 calories thrown on for extra exercise and I'd wager about 200 or so calories used on boring, day-to-day tasks like walking, cleaning, climbing stairs, typing, sitting upright and all the rest of it. 

When I get a pizza, that is usually both meals. As in all I eat that day is pizza. The other day I had a full rack BBQ ribs and some fries and that was all I ate. Well, I think I had some popcorn and a hand full of Reese's Pieces as well but the only "meal" I ate was the ribs. But that is kinda rare. What I usually do is I have something like an instant ramen bowl or cereal, and then dinner is something bigger like eggs, french toast, and bacon, or pork chops and fried potatoes, or spaghetti and garlic bread. Of course that doesn't account for anything like chips or grapes. Fuckin love grapes, man.