Which of your senses would you want to be 'superhuman'?

gamer.tv

To give an example, it's proposed that a Labrador has a sense of smell about 20,000 times stronger than that of a human (from memory, they can smell individual molecules that are 10m underneath water) and we'll have that as our base level for your superpower. You can also turn this power off and on at will and can adjust your ability (so your head won't explode when if you opt for super-hearing). 

For me, it's hard to not want an insane sense of smell, as it would give you so many different skills (identifying emotion, people that are coming, changes around you) that would be handy. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Definitely only sight, because I can close my eyes!

Smell - Rachel covered this

Touch - Ouch!

Taste -  My god, the potential horror

Hearing - Never sleeping again, yay... 

I mostly agree, but I think we need more details on hearing and how it would impact us psychologically. There are people in this world who can do some degree of echo location. If "super hearing" gave us solid echo location, that would actually be pretty great, because you could understand your environment all around you.

So I think I'd lean sight or hearing.

14 minutes ago, legend said:

I mostly agree, but I think we need more details on hearing and how it would impact us psychologically. There are people in this world who can do some degree of echo location. If "super hearing" gave us solid echo location, that would actually be pretty great, because you could understand your environment all around you.

So I think I'd lean sight or hearing.

Now IF we get to modify the brain to support these functions then I'm on board because that could mean the experiences could be effectively adapted to so that it  wouldn't be a living nightmare! In which case, yes please! But also, more durable body, this one is "Iffy" at best! :p

2 hours ago, Slug said:

We can turn it on and off and adjust it?  In that case taste.  You'd be able to enjoy a bacon cheeseburger like nobody's business.

You could make a living just tast testing beer! Also i think you would need super smelling to have super tasting because 75-95% of tasting is from smelling.