Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

11 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I played a lot of Wildlands and while I enjoyed it, it gets repetitive quickly. This game is better by far.

It's because of the varied aliens, various guns, and actually having decent AI. Plus actually fun to use vehicles.

Forgot to mention attempting to have interesting characters and stories. Basically everything Far Cry 6 does this does better.

I did the 3rd Chapter (The Tower) When you can, highly suggest getting your grapple to the faster cool down rate (3rd upgrade) This allow you to easily capture traverse to the top of the tower for another skull and an album dedicated to “Craig” the Brute. Now you can really be fucking Spider-Man, just a little easier

• Thanks 1

I played 2 more hours today. Boy, what a great game. I'm playing on normal like I mentioned and I died a handful of times this evening. I like the challenge and it never gets frustrating or unfair. 

I like how they kinda force you to use different guns throughout. I got a few upgrades but I want the grapple to get the the faster cool down rate (3rd upgrade).

I still think the graphics are amazing and the gun play is so satisfying. I enjoy the story and dialogue too. It's really well done.

This is easily my favorite Halo that I've played. Playing on the XSX is a real treat. 

Once co-op hits this game will go to another level. I'm just so happy with this game. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I played 2 more hours today. Boy, what a great game. I'm playing on normal like I mentioned and I died a handful of times this evening. I like the challenge and it never gets frustrating or unfair. 

I like how they kinda force you to use different guns throughout. I got a few upgrades but I want the grapple to get the the faster cool down rate (3rd upgrade).

I still think the graphics are amazing and the gun play is so satisfying. I enjoy the story and dialogue too. It's really well done.

This is easily my favorite Halo that I've played. Playing on the XSX is a real treat. 

Once co-op hits this game will go to another level. I'm just so happy with this game. 

That grappling hook looks fun af. I watched some streams. 

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Perhaps I am just too much of a Warhammer 40k fan at this point but purging xenos feels extra special now. 

I'm not done with the campaign but I want more. Are there any SP DLC plans?

Its suoppsedly going to be treated as a GaaS for the next 10 years, hence the name Infinite.

So I think they have lots of plans for single player updates to go along with multiplayer.  They want to keep people subbed to Game Pass so hopefully each Multiplayer Season brings some new single player content as well.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Its suoppsedly going to be treated as a GaaS for the next 10 years, hence the name Infinite.

So I think they have lots of plans for single player updates to go along with multiplayer.  They want to keep people subbed to Game Pass so hopefully each Multiplayer Season brings some new single player content as well.

If they can update this game like they have treated Sea of Thieves then we are in for a good time @Emblazon

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

They should support this the same way Bungie supports Destiny.

6 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Perhaps I am just too much of a Warhammer 40k fan at this point but purging xenos feels extra special now. 

I'm not done with the campaign but I want more. Are there any SP DLC plans?

pretty sure there are, 343 filed a copyright or something the other day, something like Halo The Endless or the Undying or what ever the monitor chick talks about, so I assume that's the expansion 

The enemy dialogue in this game is too notch.

They comment on what difficulty youre playing on, your driving, accuracy, ect.  Just really good stuff.

I know Grunts in the past had goofy lines but i feel like i hear them better and more clearly, maybe because the open world, and it all stands out a lot more in this game than previous ones.

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

They comment on what difficulty youre playing on, your driving, accuracy, ect.  Just really good stuff.

I know Grunts in the past had goofy lines but i feel like i hear them better and more clearly, maybe because the open world, and it all stands out a lot more in this game than previous ones.

There's a skull that (I guess I'll put it in spoilers, just skull spoilers :p )

Spoiler

The skull unlocks "rare dialogue"
Also there is an Easter Egg next to it

Spoiler

It's like an album cover of that Craig meme people made from the first reveal and on the back the song list is a bunch of meme captions. :lol:

30 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Nah they definitely made the aliens more understandable in this one especially the grunts, elites and jackals. 

Everyone should definitely listen to the grunt propaganda speeches. Those are really hilarious. 

I'm still early in the game but have we gotten any other alien races to shoot yet?

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nah they definitely made the aliens more understandable in this one especially the grunts, elites and jackals. 

Everyone should definitely listen to the grunt propaganda speeches. Those are really hilarious. 

I'm still early in the game but have we gotten any other alien races to shoot yet?

There's new enemy types later on. Don't want to spoil it. I fucking love this game. I agree, the enemy dialogue is great/funny.

• Thanks 1

I actively avoid doing the FOB's, as that way the different icons don't pop up on the map.

I then explore the area's as much as I see fit, trying to find Cores, Marines, Lockers, ect on my own.

Feels a lot more like BotW to me that way, rather than chasing Icons on the map.  I climb high, look around for things that look interesting then, start exploring. 

After I think I've been thorough, I'll go do the FOB, and see all I missed and tackle those things then.

• Like 1

Played another 2 hours this evening. I can't get enough of this game. I spent 30 minutes on a "boss fight" because it was tough as hell. But I didn't get frustrated I was just trying new strategies and fighting styles utilizing all the weapons around. This game is way better than I thought it was going to be. 

Spoiler

After destroying the 3 cannons the two bosses you must face afterwards at the same time all the while being surrounded by numerous enemies was epic as fuck and really challenging. So satisfying when I beat them.

The story and dialogue are very solid and it keeps you interested. So far this is my GOTY. Just such an awesome game.

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Awesome. It keeps a good momentum and gets challenging even on normal. Just a heads up. Enjoy!

Not gonna lie, I died a few times already because I didn't pay enough attention to the plasma containers around me and every so often a brute or sniper would tag one and send me flying! I do LOVE that grapple stun though! Yet another feature that allows me to continue my quest to make Halo a boxing game and not a shooter! :sun:

4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Probably not a spoiler but you can find a giant sandwich in a cave lol

Reveal hidden contents

I found 

Spoiler

Halo Infinite arcade cabinet!

3 minutes ago, Moa said:

Fucking Micropenis, can't launch the game with gamepass on PC. Apparently a lot of people are having a similar problem.

Have you tried this?

On 12/9/2021 at 5:26 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

This was confusing for me too @TwinIon @ort

The way I did it, (I'm sure you tried the campaign in game install thing too) Find the game in the xbox app, click the 3 dots and select files and choose modify installation. Then you can check a box for campaign which will officially mean install the campaign and it should install.

No one told me if this fixed their issue. 🤷‍♀️

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Played another 2 hours this evening. I can't get enough of this game. I spent 30 minutes on a "boss fight" because it was tough as hell. But I didn't get frustrated I was just trying new strategies and fighting styles utilizing all the weapons around. This game is way better than I thought it was going to be. 

Hide contents

After destroying the 3 cannons the two bosses you must face afterwards at the same time all the while being surrounded by numerous enemies was epic as fuck and really challenging. So satisfying when I beat them.

The story and dialogue are very solid and it keeps you interested. So far this is my GOTY. Just such an awesome game.

I'm at this part right now and after 10-15 tries, I thought I better call it before I wake someone up. I forgot I got 3 cores now to upgrade my shield or grapple to Lvl 4