Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

2 hours ago, Patatat said:

Honestly I can't play 343 halo titles. Just gave infinite a go and yeah, it sucks. The controls are just so floaty and not right. Same feel as Halo 5 which also sucks. 

Tweaking sensitivity and deadzones helps somewhat but I shouldn't have to do that. Bungie gun feel is a million times better and honestly I'd rather spend my time in Vanguard/warzone. At least the controls are tight.

I'd rather play destiny 2. I dunno why everyone shitting on vanguard tbh, having played a fair amount of bf 2042 and Halo mp its straight up better than both

This is a troll account right?

Completed the first 2 missions, collected 2 skulls (YouTube help) and have saved 2 squads on the halo. Good looks gorgeous so far, the sound/music kicks ass and so far I’m enjoying myself. I think in some way they made the terrain too hilly for any real good vehicle movement in my first little bit. The rescued unfc soldiers actually seem to know what the fuck to do with a gun for a change too. It’s early but I’m liking this a hell of a lot more then Guardian. I’m playing on Normal for this run and seems perfect for my rusty Halo shooting ass

I'm 3 hours in and I'm having a blast. I can't wait until my 12 hour shift is over to play more! 

I'm playing on normal difficulty and it's the perfect balance for me. It's just difficult enough to challenge me but also to have an enjoyable experience. Visuals, controls, and music are fucking fantastic.

I played a good chunk, until I got to the surface. I think it's really good so far. As the last halo I played was Halo 4 the story is already a lot more engaging than that game. The enemies, weapons, pretty much everything so far is better than Halo 4 in fact. Heck the first boss battle (if you want to call it that) is better than the final one of Halo 4 (which was a QTE heh). I think this game does a good job of reminding everyone what was missing from not just Halo but a lot of shooters, just big epic set pieces. The end of the first mission with all the grappling hook stuff and the music flaring up reminded me a lot of how I felt at the end of Halo 1.

It's pretty fun to play. I think the campaign is a good way to familiarize yourself with the weapons that seem kind of lackluster in multiplayer. I've been getting pretty intimate with the revolver thing.

The grappling hook is a pretty big game changer. Not only can you grapple to enemies but you can grapple those explosive coils from behind cover if you're being suppressed then jump out and say, "surprise fuckers!" and toss it into a crowd of bad guys. Very cool.

I don't mind the new AI girl, she's kind of quirky. Actually for what it's worth I think the writing is pretty good in this game. I will miss dat cortana ass doe :p

Biggest bummer for me so far is the sound sounds kinda muddy, I even switched to compressed. Maybe I'll try headphones. Game runs very smooth, even at 4K, but then again the game isn't exactly a graphical showpiece but it doesn't look bad either.

I'm playing on heroic difficulty and it's the prefect balance for me. It's just difficult enough to challenge me but also to have an enjoyable experience.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I played a good chunk, until I got to the surface. I think it's really good so far. As the last halo I played was Halo 4 the story is already a lot more engaging than that game. The enemies, weapons, pretty much everything so far is better than Halo 4 in fact. Heck the first boss battle (if you want to call it that) is better than the final one of Halo 4 (which was a QTE heh). I think this game does a good job of reminding everyone what was missing from not just Halo but a lot of shooters, just big epic set pieces. The end of the first mission with all the grappling hook stuff and the music flaring up reminded me a lot of how I felt at the end of Halo 1.

It's pretty fun to play. I think the campaign is a good way to familiarize yourself with the weapons that seem kind of lackluster in multiplayer. I've been getting pretty intimate with the revolver thing.

The grappling hook is a pretty big game changer. Not only can you grapple to enemies but you can grapple those explosive coils from behind cover if you're being suppressed then jump out and say, "surprise fuckers!" and toss it into a crowd of bad guys. Very cool.

I don't mind the new AI girl, she's kind of quirky. Actually for what it's worth I think the writing is pretty good in this game. I will miss dat cortana ass doe :p

Biggest bummer for me so far is the sound sounds kinda muddy, I even switched to compressed. Maybe I'll try headphones. Game runs very smooth, even at 4K, but then again the game isn't exactly a graphical showpiece but it doesn't look bad either.

I'm playing on heroic difficulty and it's the prefect balance for me. It's just difficult enough to challenge me but also to have an enjoyable experience.

Are your specs as good as or better than an XSX? I ask that because I personally think the visuals are pretty incredible. The detail and textures are amazing. Plus running at 60fps in 4K.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Are your specs as good as or better than an XSX? I ask that because I personally think the visuals are pretty incredible. The detail and textures are amazing. Plus running at 60fps in 4K.

Yeah but your eyes are broken because you think Forza Horizon looks like nothing special but somehow think this game looks better (even when you were looking at just Multiplayer) :p

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but your eyes are broken because you think Forza Horizon looks like nothing special but somehow think this game looks better (even when you were looking at just Multiplayer) :p

I never said halo looked better? Also, my expectations going into Forza were too high. Forza looks fantastic. 

I played until I landed on the Ring I guess, and the game opens up.  Really enjoying it so far.  After putting time into multiplayer, it was obvious this game was going to play extremely fun.  The movement, gunplay, speed, everything just feels damn near perfected.  It is maybe the best feeling shooter I've ever played.

Graphically it actually looks better than I anticipated it would.  I spent a little time exploring once the game did open up, but had to get to bed.  I'm really curious just how much there is to discover that is worth while once you get off the main objective markers.   I hope there is some cool stuff that is worth exploring, as they had mentioned BotW as inspiration, and that is one aspect that game really nailed.

• Like 1

343 advises to NOT use Quick Resume for the time being:

The ability to replay the campaign missions is being worked on:

ss_139cc855c27fe902e58ba8e7af0aad1aee6ac
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

It’s in the works, but we don’t know when it’ll be out.

Halo Infinite’s campaign launches on Wednesday, but after your first trip through the story, you won’t be able to replay missions without starting all the way over, Microsoft confirmed to Polygon. It’s a significant omission, since it means you won’t be able to get collectibles you miss the first time around. It also means Infinite is the first Halo game without a way to go back and easily replay a chapter.

That might not always be the case, though, as developer 343 Industries wants to add the feature down the line, the studio told The Verge. “We haven’t announced a date but that is being worked on,” 343 Industries associate creative director Paul Crocker said in an interview.

“We want to have replay that works well, and when you have a more open game, it gets a lot trickier,” he said. “So we made a decision to improve the quality of the single-player campaign to ensure that, as a foundation, that it’s as strong as it possibly could be so that we could then add the other features back in.”

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Interesting because I think the game sounds amazing.  I was really impressed by how good some of the weapons sound especially the sniper rifle and how well the directional sound works. You have to use sound to find some of the collectibles. Not sure what your audio set up is, I'm playing with my old assed 7.1 surround sound system and the game sounds pretty good to me. Music, effects and dialogue are all crystal clear.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think Halo has taken Ubisofts Formula and perfected it... seems like a bunch of devs do Ubisoft better than they do.

I hope to play the campaign some tonight. I have a feeling it will be a case of Halo doing “this” better and Ubisoft doing “that” better. Like, Ubisoft releasing their open world games with co-op when they intended for co-op to be a feature. Wild Lands was very fun with its drop in and out co-op, much like Division. 

I do know I like how Halo Infinite has felt, so I imagine the moment to moment gameplay in combat will be fun. and it sounds like they avoided the map icon overload that plague Ubisoft open world games. So that should definitely be a plus. 

53 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Do people think this is worth it if I'm only (or mostly) going to play the campaign?

If you have Game Pass, I can’t see why not. But as a $60 purchase that’s just for the campaign…eh, I dunno yet. That seems like a high asking price with so few features and game modes compared to past Halo releases. 

if you don’t have game pass, maybe just get it for a month. Slam through the campaign, play a bunch of other games the service offers, and BAM! Should easily be worth that $10 for the month. 

25 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I hope to play the campaign some tonight. I have a feeling it will be a case of Halo doing “this” better and Ubisoft doing “that” better. Like, Ubisoft releasing their open world games with co-op when they intended for co-op to be a feature. Wild Lands was very fun with its drop in and out co-op, much like Division. 

I do know I like how Halo Infinite has felt, so I imagine the moment to moment gameplay in combat will be fun. and it sounds like they avoided the map icon overload that plague Ubisoft open world games. So that should definitely be a plus. 

I played a lot of Wildlands and while I enjoyed it, it gets repetitive quickly. This game is better by far.

I forgot to mention with my game time last night I did manage to crash the game shortly after landing on the ring. I grapple hook to an object, I hit my pause button, everything stopped on screen and eventually crashed the game from there. Anyone else manage to crash their gameplay yet?

1 minute ago, silentbob said:

I forgot to mention with my game time last night I did manage to crash the game shortly after landing on the ring. I grapple hook to an object, I hit my pause button, everything stopped on screen and eventually crashed the game from there. Anyone else manage to crash their gameplay yet?

No crashes here. What are you playing it on?

2 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Not yet. Sounds like the physics engine went kablooey. I have noticed some frame rate stutters in cut scenes though. Nothing major but it is noticeable.

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No crashes here. What are you playing it on?

Series X is what I’m gaming on, and might download it to my PC to compare the 2. 

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not yet. Sounds like the physics engine went kablooey. I have noticed some frame rate stutters in cut scenes though. Nothing major but it is noticeable.

I got that too and I’m playing on my wireless Xbox headset and it was cutting in and out with sound when the dips occurred. It’s annoying but other then the 2 issues my gameplay has been fine. I’m pretty much just chucking almost any core I can find at my enemies, and god bless the grapple hook. Best new toy the MC could ever receive

I'm playing on Heroic and got just a little past getting on the ring; did some of the optional objectives and just started the first main mission after getting settled on the ring. 

Enjoying it quite a bit so far. It definitely feels a lot more like the Halo 2000 trailer than probably any Halo before, which is cool. The skirmishes have been small so far, but it is still early. If they can pull off large scale battles like the ones Halo 3 had through many of its missions, I'll be quite happy.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

343 advises to NOT use Quick Resume for the time being:

The ability to replay the campaign missions is being worked on:

ss_139cc855c27fe902e58ba8e7af0aad1aee6ac
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

It’s in the works, but we don’t know when it’ll be out.

That is quite the omission! Hope they get it patched in soon.

Well, after after hours of downloading and searching for solutions, I'm still unable to start the campaign. I don't understand why logging into an account and verifying that I'm subscribed to something is so difficult, but I'm constantly having trouble with this on the PC.

I'll find some time to try again this weekend. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the new Destiny 2 stuff.

I set the gamepass app on my phone to download this, but it didn't actually do anything (usually works fine). So when I went to play this last night I couldn't because it wasn't downloaded and then it was taking forever.

Maybe tonight.

This doesn't have split screen campaign local co-op, right? But they expect to add that in later?

2 hours ago, ort said:

I set the gamepass app on my phone to download this, but it didn't actually do anything (usually works fine). So when I went to play this last night I couldn't because it wasn't downloaded and then it was taking forever.

Maybe tonight.

This doesn't have split screen campaign local co-op, right? But they expect to add that in later?

The campaign download has to be done inside the game’s interface due to the way they are making the MP free to play

Played 3 more hours and I'm playing on normal. I died a few times this evening and then I reached the end of a mission and

Spoiler

Fought Busses (I think that's his name) in the dig site. That was fucking difficult and it took me like 10 tries to beat him. Felt great when I took him down. 

Overall, I think the game is fucking awesome and it's extremely fun to play which is key. Halo is definitely back! 

I love the texture details and overall scale. Music is great too. So far this is has surpassed my expectations.

5 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Well, after after hours of downloading and searching for solutions, I'm still unable to start the campaign. I don't understand why logging into an account and verifying that I'm subscribed to something is so difficult, but I'm constantly having trouble with this on the PC.

I'll find some time to try again this weekend. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the new Destiny 2 stuff.

This was confusing for me too @TwinIon @ort

The way I did it, (I'm sure you tried the campaign in game install thing too) Find the game in the xbox app, click the 3 dots and select files and choose modify installation. Then you can check a box for campaign which will officially mean install the campaign and it should install.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Played 3 more hours and I'm playing on normal. I died a few times this evening and then I reached the end of a mission and

Reveal hidden contents

Overall, I think the game is fucking awesome and it's extremely fun to play which is key. Halo is definitely back! 

I love the texture details and overall scale. Music is great too. So far this is has surpassed my expectations.

that fight drove me crazy, definitely took me longer than it took you. And yeah the game is definitely fun and I'm enjoying it, but I'll say it again I still prefer the focused campaigns of previous games over Just Cause Halo Edition :p