Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

I’ve seen all sorts of weird ways this game has presented itself on pc to download the campaign. They have some weird categorizing going on or something, they didn’t really iron out their rollout. But at the end of the day the servers are kicking and that’s the main thing.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol forgot this didn’t preload and was just laying in bed before I got up to play thinking it would be ready and oh my goodness my internet is fast now it’s already a third done while typing this 

Done! Took about 5 minutes so the servers are fine.

24 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Opening mission down... yep, this is Halo.

I’m still on it but the pre gameplay opening was quite the quick set up to some high stakes! I didn’t remember this being the state of things at the end of Halo 5, I played that at launch though and barely remember it. 

I was hoping there would be a recap, surprised there isn’t one. I’ll find one on the internet before I fully dive into this. I’m gonna play more today but I need to finish Deathloop before making it my main game.

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m still on it but the pre gameplay opening was quite the quick set up to some high stakes! I didn’t remember this being the state of things at the end of Halo 5, I played that at launch though and barely remember it. 

I was hoping there would be a recap, surprised there isn’t one. I’ll find one on the internet before I fully dive into this. I’m gonna play more today but I need to finish Deathloop before making it my main game.

I think Halo Wars 2 takes place in between Halo 5 and this.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think Halo Wars 2 takes place in between Halo 5 and this.

Damn that is quite a different type of game to make you play to get the story. Sounds like a youtube summary will be the way to go.

Thats crazy though, I remember looking forward to where things go from Halo 5 but it sounds like you never really find out if you were just waiting for the next real Halo game.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Damn that is quite a different type of game to make you play to get the story. Sounds like a youtube summary will be the way to go.

Thats crazy though, I remember looking forward to where things go from Halo 5 but it sounds like you never really find out if you were just waiting for the next real Halo game.

I am playing Halo Wars 2, but it really doesn't seem to tie all that much into what happened at the end of Halo 5 either, but it introduces the Banished.  Its been a long time since I played Halo 5 though so hardly remember what happened to close that out.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I know Halo Wars 2 introduces the banished but I'm not sure if it's a direct prequel to this game.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Opening mission down... yep, this is Halo.

38 minutes ago, stepee said:

yeah I don't know that the opening coincides with the end of 5, and yeah it's Halo but I am not sure I like the scanning thing, none of the other games required you to scan for you objective you kind of just knew where you were going and what to do. Also not sure how I feel about the upgrade stuff. 

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

@best3444 u playing or what? Im getting my ass kicked sometimes lol. I think I’m jussssst about to the open world.

Yep, played 3 hours straight. I personally think it's fucking awesome. Really well done and the presentation is phenomenal. The visuals are really impressive and the controls and combat are on point. I'm in the open world now taking down posts. I'm having a blast! Definitely worth the year wait. The textures are amazing. It runs great and it looks "next gen". I'm very happy with it.

Edit: I'm playing on normal and the difficulty is perfect for me. It challenges me but not to the point of frustration. I died a few times.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yep, played 3 hours straight. I personally think it's fucking awesome. Really well done and the presentation is phenomenal. The visuals are really impressive and the controls and combat are on point. I'm in the open world now taking down posts. I'm having a blast! Definitely worth the year wait. The textures are amazing. It runs great and it looks "next gen". I'm very happy with it.

Edit: I'm playing on normal and the difficulty is perfect for me. It challenges me but not to the point of frustration. I died a few times.

Yeah just got to the open word it’s a much better looking game than I anticipated actually! I really like the enemy animation, it adds a lot of character to the battles. 

I see now that part of the story will be telling you what happened before. Definitely looking forward to getting into this more after Deathloop.

Hopefully there will be some patches for pc performance because while it does look quite nice it doesn’t seem like you should need to use dynamic res for 4k on a 3080.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah just got to the open word it’s a much better looking game than I anticipated actually! I really like the enemy animation, it adds a lot of character to the battles. 

I see now that part of the story will be telling you what happened before. Definitely looking forward to getting into this more after Deathloop.

Hopefully there will be some patches for pc performance because while it does look quite nice it doesn’t seem like you should need to use dynamic res for 4k on a 3080.

On the XSX is it running at true 4K at 60fps? It certainly seems so. The lighting and framerate are great. How's it look and run on your pc?

My one negative is controlling vehicles. I really suck at controlling them. 

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

On the XSX is it running at true 4K at 60fps? It certainly seems so. The lighting and framerate are great. How's it look and run on your pc?

My one negative is controlling vehicles. I really suck at controlling them. 

It’s dynamic 4k on XSX but df said it mostly sticks to 4k. Honestly the options don’t add much on pc and it doesn’t seem too optimized either so it’s about the same as XSX! 

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s dynamic 4k on XSX but df said it mostly sticks to 4k. Honestly the options don’t add much on pc and it doesn’t seem too optimized either so it’s about the same as XSX! 

I see. Well it looks awesome with day and night cycles which add different types of lighting. 

Lol so.......

10am came and went, checked a few times then saw it was up,  download only took 10 minutes, very surprised by that. I rarely get the 300mb download I'm rated at on xbox or ps4, pc usually does though.

Poped Ori back on, got really into that, checked that Halo was installed correctly and then just played Geometry Wars the rest of the afternoon. I'm all messed up. I seemed genuinely excited to have a new Hslo to play, the day comes and its shelved like every other dambed game! I think I'm losing my interest, but still need to be included...lol how sad is that? Oh well, tomarrow Halo here I come. 

Honestly I can't play 343 halo titles. Just gave infinite a go and yeah, it sucks. The controls are just so floaty and not right. Same feel as Halo 5 which also sucks. 

Tweaking sensitivity and deadzones helps somewhat but I shouldn't have to do that. Bungie gun feel is a million times better and honestly I'd rather spend my time in Vanguard/warzone. At least the controls are tight.

I'd rather play destiny 2. I dunno why everyone shitting on vanguard tbh, having played a fair amount of bf 2042 and Halo mp its straight up better than both

spent some more time with it, on zeta and have done a few missions or whatever you consider the objectives. This may sound strange, even though I am enjoying the gameplay quite a bit (except when I got caught in a tiny space get destroyed by three raging gorillas and it reset the same spot every time..took 7-8 times to deal with those SOBs) and yet I still wish it were a more traditional campaign.