Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

This game really really really needs to bring back the red reticle at ranges where the aim assist is active. I think a lot of my frustration with it is just trying to use weapons beyond their effective range.

Also there's a bug where if you press enter with the keyboard rather than start on a controller on the initial splash screen, aim assist is disabled until you restart the game.

As I said before, the kind of excitement and hype around the actual gameplay really is extremely refreshing to see.  A lot saying easily one of the best PvP experiences to release in the last decade. 

My nephews both are too young to have grown up with Halo, but being back for Thanksgiving, I got them into it.  Now they are loving it, even if they do complain about how many bullets it takes to kill someone.  They have mainly played CoD, Siege, Fortnite.  They said none of their friends play Halo either, but now maybe they'll get them to give it a shot.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:57 PM, DarkStar189 said:

I wasn't real happy with how the game felt so I looked up sensitivity settings and found this:

The best sensitivity settings in Halo Infinite for controller players:
Move: Center Deadzone: 6
Look: Center Deadzone: 6
Move: Max Input Threshold: 0
Look: Max Input Threshold: 9
Move: Axial Deadzone: 6
Look: Axial Deadzone: 1
Look Acceleration: 2
Look Sensitivity (Horizontal): 7
Look Sensitivity (Vertical): 7

I don't have much experience with how all those help, but  as soon as I changed all those I thought, "hey this feels pretty nice". I feel like I'm getting more kills and can keep up with people better in a firefight now too. I'd be curious to see what you all think of them or if you have any recommendations you like. 

I didn’t realize what a boat the default settings feel like until I copied these. Took me a couple of rounds to adjust to the tighter feel, but I do like it. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Moa said:

I feel like IGN gets too much flack nowadays. It's of course better to get your opinions from people whose taste matches your own, but IGN reviews are pretty good for getting a general feel for a game's quality.

Yea I agree. She did a good job covering everything in that review. 

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Been playing the multiplayer every night. It's been a while since a shooter could hold my attention. 

What surprised me was how well I was playing today. I haven't played an online shooter in a very long time. I was going positive in k/d ratio and was working well with my team. I like that it doesn't feel chaotic with instant deaths every 3 seconds. It's really well balanced. 

I've been playing it and i've been enjoying it quite a bit. I think the variety of weapons helps a lot. The ttk seems decent, not as long as i remember Halo 2 being (that was the last time I played Halo mp). But also not super short either.

It's actually kinda nice to go back to playing a simple arena shooter.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

What surprised me was how well I was playing today. I haven't played an online shooter in a very long time. I was going positive in k/d ratio and was working well with my team. I like that it doesn't feel chaotic with instant deaths every 3 seconds. It's really well balanced. 

There’s something magical about the pace of a halo 1 v 1 encounter. I feel like us old guys have a shot for a month or so here until these younger folks who are more accustomed to players dropping after a few shots get used to the flow. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

The benefit of MMR matchmaking.

New players can enjoy a game and ease into it.

Sweats hate it because they only play other sweats.

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

At first, I was more into the BTBs, but after a series of incredibly annoying games where I just couldn’t get anything done, I’m back to the 4v4 world, where I’m having a lot more fun.  On the smaller maps, I’m almost decent! 

I really need them to allow you to get more specific in the game types you want to play. Objective based can be great fun, but not with randos. Just let me do big team slayer all the time. 

24 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I really need them to allow you to get more specific in the game types you want to play. Objective based can be great fun, but not with randos. Just let me do big team slayer all the time. 

The game is still a "beta" so they will probably free the playlist down the line, maybe when the campaign drops.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The game is still a "beta" so they will probably free the playlist down the line, maybe when the campaign drops.

No new modes or maps are coming on dec 8th. So... probably won't see any significant changes until season 2 I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

I was always into objective based games whether 4v4 or 8v8 BTB. That way, its more than just "shoot to kill" but there's tactics involved in the CTF/Bomb/Skull keep away.

I'm always the other way around. I feel like objectives are a distraction from the moment-to-moment gameplay where dominating someone in a gunfight is the most thrilling part, while strategy for me tends to only be fun with friends and frustrating with randoms.

43 minutes ago, Brick said:

The higher TTK is refreshing after playing so many games with one so low it's basically whoever sees who first wins. Now it actually feels like a gunFIGHT. 

Yeah, I like that you often have time to get back behind cover and regroup. 

13 hours ago, Brick said:

The higher TTK is refreshing after playing so many games with one so low it's basically whoever sees who first wins. Now it actually feels like a gunFIGHT. 

12 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, I like that you often have time to get back behind cover and regroup. 

This is what was getting me in BTB: especially when going for objectives, it’s not uncommon to turn a corner and get lit up by 3+ people at once. Hopefully, you’re going in with a crew of your own, but with randoms, you probably aren’t developing a plan more complex than “let’s all run to point C together” which makes you a good target for roughly 97,000 grenades. On the smaller teams, those satisfying, more drawn out shoot-outs tend to happen more often. 

I've always found, for the most part anyways, that regardless of being matched up with randoms, so long as you stick close to one or two then you are absolutely far more effective at covering one another that way. I do my best though to also be aware of opportunities to flank whenever I am respawning to further aid in the cause.

I have to say, even though it isn't Halo: CE levels of God tier power, there is something about the pistol that just feels SO DAMN GOOD!

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't know if anyone pays attention to pings but if I know I'm going to die but someone else has a shot at the person I ping the attacker. Sometimes it works out sometimes the team is braindead. :p

The amount of people that don't pay attention to the kill feed or look at teammates "X"s is astounding. I will only play ranked with at least 3 people for that reason alone.