Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: "UNSC Archives - Unspoken" trailer
22 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's where I'm at as well.

I really do get a sense of confidence from 343 Industries that they're where they want to be with the game.

Still shipping without Forge and Campaign Multiplayer. Forge is suppose to show up 6-9 months after release. Arguably 2 of the biggest features of the Halo franchise.

They better be confident in releasing an early access game thats been in development for 7 years.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Cool little vid. Will you get to play that mission or something?

Just speculation on my part but I think it's just introducing you to a character. If you remember the E3 trailer it was similar, about some girl who grew up to be a general in the army or something.

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If that's actually part of the story then it's a lot better than what they tried to do with Halo 4, at least people get to actually experience this part of the story.

Assigned to a freighter escaping the destruction of Harvest, two Marines confiscated alien energy shields while defending passengers from an enemy boarding assault. Their heroics led to a technological breakthrough that accelerated the development of the Master Chief's defense system.

Backstory.

Hook and Blohm also discussed these key details about how battle passes will work:

• You can only have one battle pass active at a time, meaning your chosen battle pass is the one gaining experience you earn as you play.
  • You can switch which battle pass is active whenever you want.
  • The battle pass from the test flights is not representative of what we'll see in the final battle pass.
  • About every quarter of the battle pass will have a legendary cosmetic in it. Legendary-rated cosmetics will be character canon-related or a new type of customization object with special attributes or effects.
  • Event rewards are separate from the battle pass.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Multiplayer Battle Pass Plans Revealed (IGN)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Multiplayer Battle Pass Plans Revealed and "Streets" map Strongholds/Oddball gameplay (IGN)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: "UNSC Archives - Project Magnes" trailer
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Why does her daughter have a British accent but she has a Spanish accent? Why don't you figure that one out!

She gave her daughter away for adoption when she was born due to difficult life situations. Later in life they were able to reconnect overcoming large geographic separation and form a beautiful relationship. It's a heart-warming story coming to ABC next spring.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, legend said:

She gave her daughter away for adoption when she was born due to difficult life situations. Later in life they were able to reconnect overcoming large geographic separation and form a beautiful relationship. It's a heart-warming story coming to ABC next spring.

I give you partial credit. Isn't the halo show coming to HBOMax or Paramount + (one of the two) ?

20 hours ago, Brick said:

Spanish accent? I thought that was French. 

I thought the daughter's was Australian :p

On 11/6/2021 at 9:55 AM, legend said:

I think what happened was due to the Grapple lady's obsessive nature and dangerous experiments, her Australian/British husband left her and got custody of the daughter when he was able to show what a dangerous environment scientist lady had created in her house. Moving the daughter back to his family home, he enrolled her in the best schools and limited the daughter's contact with her crazy mother, whose sanity further deteriorated as she became obsessed with Batman's grapple gun and how she could recreate that in real life. Years pass and when the daughter is old enough, she reconnects with the mother after her father dies in a covenent attack on some civilian transport ships. Mother and daughter are currently rebuulding their relationship as the mother tries to create this device and sell it to the UNSC. That's my take.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Get to Know Jega, a ‘Spartan Killer’ (IGN First)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Campaign Hands-On Previews/Impressions

I'm a graphics whore and I'm extremely underwhelmed by the visuals. It doesn't look next gen at all which is very disappointing to me. I know Halo isn't about visuals but with the power of the XSX I expected MUCH better. 

This gives me all the more reason to just play this on my one x. I think the game will be good, though. The MP will be dope af.

On 11/11/2021 at 2:21 PM, best3444 said:

I'm a graphics whore and I'm extremely underwhelmed by the visuals. It doesn't look next gen at all which is very disappointing to me. I know Halo isn't about visuals but with the power of the XSX I expected MUCH better. 

This gives me all the more reason to just play this on my one x. I think the game will be good, though. The MP will be dope af.

Xbox One is probably holding it back.