Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I swore I looked in the load options etc.

Well I feel better beating it on normal anyway. That's impressive you're playing on Heroic.  BTW, you're in for a treat if you thought Bassus was tough lol.

Yep, perfect timing and the game ran and looked beautiful.

I've beat Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, and Reach on Legendary solo, and I usually played each of them the first time through on Heroic (aside from maybe the first when it was all new). As long as they don't overly constrain options, I usually know how to make the Halo sandbox work for me to overcome the difficulty which is also what I love about the series., It's also what the problem with the Bassus fight was :p 

(Not sure I played Halo 4 on Legendary solo, because it just wasn't as good and I never bothered with 5. Infinite is the first time 343 has shown they know what they're doing with the series IMO)

• Like 1

Random selection of games today.

Bombslinger - If Bomberman was a rogue-like.  Sounds amazing on the surface.  In practice, waiting for the ability to lay more bombs, more powerful bombs, and move not slow as shit is frustrating after you die.  But this might be okay if I can overlook it.

Furi - I beat the first boss, tried a bit of the second.  It’s the kind of indie game where the jank really shows in cutscenes.  But overall, it’s a fun game.  I’ll probably return to it.

Project Wingman - First thing I wanted was a boost button, but nope.  I used to love flight combat games, but maybe this isn’t arcadey enough for me.  Bombslinger’s slow start already shot my patience for the night.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Random selection of games today.

Bombslinger - If Bomberman was a rogue-like.  Sounds amazing on the surface.  In practice, waiting for the ability to lay more bombs, more powerful bombs, and move not slow as shit is frustrating after you die.  But this might be okay if I can overlook it.

Furi - I beat the first boss, tried a bit of the second.  It’s the kind of indie game where the jank really shows in cutscenes.  But overall, it’s a fun game.  I’ll probably return to it.

Project Wingman - First thing I wanted was a boost button, but nope.  I used to love flight combat games, but maybe this isn’t arcadey enough for me.  Bombslinger’s slow start already shot my patience for the night.

Custom Halo Infinite modes? :o

• Haha 1

I'm playing on Heroic. I always play the Halo games on Heroic the first time through... Like @legend I beat Halos 1-Reach on legendary solo but never bothered to replay Halos 4 and 5 on Legendary. Folks had trouble with Bassus, huh? The toughest thing about that fight was being in that tight space. Once I realized that

Spoiler

Energy weapons drained his shields pretty quickly

he was toast. I just got to Repository... no idea much of the game I have left. @JPDunks4 beat the game on Legendary, mad man that he is.

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm playing on Heroic. I always play the Halo games on Heroic the first time through... Like @legend I beat Halos 1-Reach on legendary solo but never bothered to replay Halos 4 and 5 on Legendary. Folks had trouble with Bassus, huh? The toughest thing about that fight was being in that tight space. Once I realized that

Reveal hidden contents

he was toast. I just got to Repository... no idea much of the game I have left. @JPDunks4 beat the game on Legendary, mad man that he is.

Yeah you can toast his shields with the sentinel beam that spawns with you, but the other weapons I had did seemingly nothing to his health, not even the fucking rocket launcher that I had on hand and fully loaded would end him. To make matters worse, in my checkpoint there was only 1 explosive barrel which seemed to be the only thing I had on hand that would dent his HP.

With nothing to seriously damage his HP and an artificially cramped environment, eventually he would land one his 300 yard insta-kill lunge attacks and that was that.

1 hour ago, legend said:

Yeah you can toast his shields with the sentinel beam that spawns with you, but the other weapons I had did seemingly nothing to his health, not even the fucking rocket launcher that I had on hand and fully loaded would end him. To make matters worse, in my checkpoint there was only 1 explosive barrel which seemed to be the only thing I had on hand that would dent his HP.

With nothing to seriously damage his HP and an artificially cramped environment, eventually he would land one his 300 yard insta-kill lunge attacks and that was that.

Hmmm, I had a rocket launcher too and one rocket took half his health once his shields were down. Also sticky grenades worked too for me but others have said they couldn't get them to stick. I thought the fight was cheap because the game hadnt prepared you to fight a foe like that in such tight quarters at that point, buy it took me about 7 or so tries to beat him on Heroic.  I didn't think he was that tough.  Just that the fight was cheap.

• True 1

So I'm officially done with this game for now. I beat the game, cleared all FOBs, and helped all the UNCs lock downs etc. I put 20 hours into it and it's the most fun I had with a game in a long time.

Before I was going to quit I played an online slayer match and dominated. 14 kills 2 deaths and it ran like butter. It was actually a lot of fun but overall I'm just not into mp games anymore. It's definitely awesome though. I can't wait for the next Halo in 3 years utilizing the power of the XSX!

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Hmmm, I had a rocket launcher too and one rocket took half his health once his shields were down. Also sticky grenades worked too for me but others have said they couldn't get them to stick. I thought the fight was cheap because the game hadnt prepared you to fight a foe like that in such tight quarters at that point, buy it took me about 7 or so tries to beat him on Heroic.  I didn't think he was that tough.  Just that the fight was cheap.

I have no idea if my game was bugged out then, because the rocket most definitely did not take half his health out, even with his shields already down.

Finished it today on Heroic. Good stuff. The final fights were pretty good although I was less of a fan of the final boss structure. I upgraded everything, got all FOBs, all FOB unlocks, all marine rescues and all high value targets. Even though I upgraded everything I think there are some spartan cores I didn't pick up, I'm missing some of the armor customization unlocks (which are pretty mediocre) and I didn't destroy all propaganda towers, but the map is pretty fully done at this point.

Overall a great entry into the Halo series. They nailed the sandbox, the feel of a mysterious world, and the story was simple, but fun. I think the only thing they didn't capitalize on as well as other Halos is the feel of large scale battles on both sides. This is largely I think because very few marines fight with you in any given battle. Whereas Halo 3 had many huge battle set pieces with friendlies and enemies engaging each other and the huge enemies like the scarabs or the giant air battle. Maybe that's something they can expand on in the future story DLC.

End game spoilers.

Spoiler

The implications seems to be that the Weapon is naming herself Cortana, but they do leave it open. Anyone thing they'll do something else?

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I see this game mentioned lately I think how it really could have been longer for me. I’m not even really knocking it for it’s length, it’s fine, but man I could have gone some more hours in this game.

I hope they show their hand for the dlc story expansion plans soon I’m in for it all.

• True 2

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Every time I see this game mentioned lately I think how it really could have been longer for me. I’m not even really knocking it for it’s length, it’s fine, but man I could have gone some more hours in this game.

I hope they show their hand for the dlc story expansion plans soon I’m in for it all.

Agree.  Most all open world type games, by the end I just want them to end.  Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn, and while I enjoyed it, I am glad to roll credits. 

With Halo, I didn't want it to end, I wish there had been more, I enjoyed the core gameplay that much.  You can really tell they did struggle to get this game made.  For being an open world game, it really did lack a lot of depth and variety to its world.  It didnt' take away from my experience with it, but it could have been so much more.  Hopefully now that they got it out the door and can settle in and focus on content, they start to really churn out new quality stuff that adds to that sandbox they created.

• Like 1

Custom Game

Map: Streets

Mode: FFA Oddball

Start with 6 nades

Try and play with 6 people

Me and my buddies stumbled across this  setup when I was making custom games tonight and had a blast

On 1/5/2022 at 11:41 PM, JPDunks4 said:

Agree.  Most all open world type games, by the end I just want them to end.  Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn, and while I enjoyed it, I am glad to roll credits. 

With Halo, I didn't want it to end, I wish there had been more, I enjoyed the core gameplay that much.  You can really tell they did struggle to get this game made.  For being an open world game, it really did lack a lot of depth and variety to its world.  It didnt' take away from my experience with it, but it could have been so much more.  Hopefully now that they got it out the door and can settle in and focus on content, they start to really churn out new quality stuff that adds to that sandbox they created.

I agree. I think it was important for them to make sure this core of an open world Halo worked, and now that they figured it out, they have a framework to expand into some cool things. (And hopefully they do!)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

The new Shop is today, prices seem to be like 50% what they used to be.

Also new event is today

I would say while not NOT an issue, the prices were the least of issues people have with the game. 343 just noticed hardly anyone is buying their over priced color splotches, and are trying to price them more to be impulse buys. 

Does the new event finally not rely on sparsely doled out special weekly challenges that can only be completed in a single play list? Or can I finally play what I want of the PvP? 

1 minute ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I would say while not NOT an issue, the prices were the least of issues people have with the game. 343 just noticed hardly anyone is buying their over priced color splotches, and are trying to price them more to be impulse buys. 

Does the new event finally not rely on sparsely doled out special weekly challenges that can only be completed in a single play list? Or can I finally play what I want of the PvP? 

This one is tied to Challenges, not like the WInter Event.  Believe you need to play Attrition.

The Bundles are better priced, and much more in each bundle too.  A big improvement.

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

This one is tied to Challenges, not like the WInter Event.  Believe you need to play Attrition.

The Bundles are better priced, and much more in each bundle too.  A big improvement.

you mean the Christmas event? That was tied to specific challenges just like the samurai event before it. Or did I miss an event? 

42 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Every time I looked at their Instagram/facebook post you would see nothing but people complaining about how the cosmetics were too expensive. I would say yes this was one of their major issues people had with the game. They have a BTB patch incoming this week also. Other complaints are the ranking system. I don't think they plan on changing much of the XP system which to be honest isn't so bad. I am at 100 already and been mostly playing 3-4 times a week since launch. Another complaint people have is they want more maps but that takes time.