Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

On 11/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, Brick said:

Don't quote me but I think i remember them saying that they just won't be there at launch. That or they took them out because the community (ie the pros and YouTubers) didn't like it. 

"[Assassinations] are not in for launch," said senior mission designer Tom French. "We actually really love assassinations... but what happens at a lot of levels is people just turn them off because there's a gameplay disadvantage to it." Consequently, the team is taking "a step back" and will bring them back only when it "really just feels meaningful so that they're always an accessible tool"

Its pretty much a guaranteed death in any semi competitive game. So its pretty easy to see why most people would turn them off.

5 hours ago, Stickey said:

Lol im unable to get 60FPS in this game. I know im on dated hardware (ryzen 2600 rx580) but come on!

You have to set the minimum and maximum frame rate to what you want. If you want to run the game at 60fps put Minimum at 60 and maximum at 60 or higher. A lot of people are putting it at 30 / 60 and getting drops. It's stable if they are the same.

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Some very good news, and quick reaction to the negative feedback.  MS's teams have been great about adjusting based on feedback, so hopefully this is what to expect for the future of their franchises.

My biggest problem with the weekly challenges is that it wasn't counting them. At post game I'd see it say I achieved it and then I went to my progress and it remained uncompleted. Apparently a bunch of people were having that problem.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:13 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm having fun with all of the modes but really surprised by how much fun I'm having with oddball.

I just played a ranked Oddball match and am surprised by how much I liked it. I like to be able to contribute to matches in other ways besides a K/D ratio. I actually managed to get and hold the ball a few times, once for a pretty good while. My death rate was sky high but I feel like I actually helped win the 2 out of 3.

By comparison, I'm usually a Battlefield guy, and in CoD I've always enjoyed Kill Confirmed. But CoD has been dead to me for a number of years and Battlefield is stupid now... so... yeah.

Played 3 more rounds of BTB and won all 3 rounds and my kills were all higher then my deaths. I didn’t wanna push my luck after that and my pot was kicking in good. Gotta ask if everyone else can’t get quick resume to work for the Beta? Every time I start playing the next day, it resumes play but says multiplayer is offline. Can’t back out of the game set to reset my online gameplay error. So i quit the game, start anew and all my gameplay problems are solved 

12 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I just played a ranked Oddball match and am surprised by how much I liked it. I like to be able to contribute to matches in other ways besides a K/D ratio. I actually managed to get and hold the ball a few times, once for a pretty good while. My death rate was sky high but I feel like I actually helped win the 2 out of 3.

By comparison, I'm usually a Battlefield guy, and in CoD I've always enjoyed Kill Confirmed. But CoD has been dead to me for a number of years and Battlefield is stupid now... so... yeah.

One of the things I like is on the score card showing everyone, ball holding time is the first, and therefore most important stat. Not overall kills, but the objective. Second is ball carrier kills. 

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

One of the things I like is on the score card showing everyone, ball holding time is the first, and therefore most important stat. Not overall kills, but the objective. Second is ball carrier kills. 

I continually try to explain the importance of long ball holding times to my wife but she just doesn’t seem to be getting it

40 minutes ago, stepee said:

Itll be more interesting on December 8th to see how the single player plays on your Series X. :)

I can't wait to play forza and halo now. Plus I'll play far cry 6, too. Oh, and I can finish AC Valhalla too in 60fps.

When I get my xsx I forget how it works. Does everything just transfer over from my one x? Like what do I need to do to make sure I have everything I own now is on my xsx?

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I finally have this downloaded and ready to play tomorrow morning. It will be interesting how it plays on my Xbox One X.

What’s your gamer tag? Need more people I know to play with

I'm sblfilms on Xbox too

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I can't wait to play forza and halo now. Plus I'll play far cry 6, too. Oh, and I can finish AC Valhalla too in 60fps.

When I get my xsx I forget how it works. Does everything just transfer over from my one x? Like what do I need to do to make sure I have everything I own now is on my xsx?

Didn't you also get Guardians of the Galaxy? That should look amazing. Also gotta check out some 120fps stuff like Ori 2!

I believe there is a system to system transfer. Or you could just sign in and redownload all your stuff should be in the cloud. External drives just work if you swap it in I believe.

Does anyone know if Series X comes with a hdmi 2.1 cable? If it doesn’t then you want that because your tv is 2.1.

Edit: I checked and the Series X does come with a 2.1 hdmi cable, just make sure you use that and not the hdmi you are using now.

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:01 AM, silentbob said:

Played 3 more rounds of BTB and won all 3 rounds and my kills were all higher then my deaths. I didn’t wanna push my luck after that and my pot was kicking in good. Gotta ask if everyone else can’t get quick resume to work for the Beta? Every time I start playing the next day, it resumes play but says multiplayer is offline. Can’t back out of the game set to reset my online gameplay error. So i quit the game, start anew and all my gameplay problems are solved 

I had the same problem last night. 

10 hours ago, stepee said:

Didn't you also get Guardians of the Galaxy? That should look amazing. Also gotta check out some 120fps stuff like Ori 2!

I believe there is a system to system transfer. Or you could just sign in and redownload all your stuff should be in the cloud. External drives just work if you swap it in I believe.

Does anyone know if Series X comes with a hdmi 2.1 cable? If it doesn’t then you want that because your tv is 2.1.

Edit: I checked and the Series X does come with a 2.1 hdmi cable, just make sure you use that and not the hdmi you are using now.

I don't know how common it is, maybe it's because I'm on a fairly new Sony TV, but I hooked up the Series X last night and I thought it looked pretty bad. Washed out colors and stuff. I went to the display settings and it's like "your TV doesn't support anything except 4k" .  No hdr 10, no dolby vision. My TV has a quick option menu so I set it to Game mode. Still didn't work. Turned out I had to go deeper into the tv menus, find the hdmi input menu, change that specific input to Game Mode and then suddenly everything lit up. My TV supports everything now except VRR. Just makes me wonder how many people buy a console like this and might be getting screwed out of visual stuff having one little setting wrong. 

11 hours ago, stepee said:

Got it, thank you! Yes, I'm saving guardians of the Galaxy for xsx. I will check out ori in 120fps too. I'll check a ton of shit out.

• Like 1

I don't know how open world stuff will work in Halo, but playing through Reach for the first time and H1 earlier this year, I was struck by just how linear the action is through the levels. I at least like that they are trying something a little mold breaking with this one.

And yeah, been having a lot of fun with the Infinite Multiplayer. Had a group of 6 of my friends playing in BTB for a couple of hours last night. Really brought back a lot of great memories, and HOLY MOLY, am I not good at shooting in this game. I like every mode that doesn't really need me to kill the other players much :lol: