Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'd suggest just installing through Steam.

It's going to be F2P indefinitely for all platforms.

Is there going to be any integration between the full game/campaign though and mp? If so I think id prefer gamepass option

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

While I cannot confirm, I'm pretty certain that the campaign and multiplayer will be separate entities.

Any way uninstall and reinstall did the trick. Downloading at like 100 MB/s too.

Now to get it on the XS too.

I have too many games to play lol.

Been playing through the COD Vanguard campaign and honestly it's pretty damn good. MP is basically broken though. I don't know what the hell they're doing with their servers.

I also just started tales of arise which is awesome so far.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

While I cannot confirm, I'm pretty certain that the campaign and multiplayer will be separate entities.

I think they both tie into the halo network or whatever it's called so if they do link it's through that so I'm assuming that if you have game pass campaign and you've got MP somewhere else it will still progress the same.

so this is just the MP, right? the campaign is still releasing in December? this is awesome bc BF2042 and Vanguard are pretty bad. I havent played Halo MP since 3. 

As for the campaign, I still havent played Halo 5. Not sure why, but I recall that something about it turned me off and made not even want to play. I was hoping to run through the campaign quick before Infinite came out, but Im not even sure I need to. Thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, atom631 said:

so this is just the MP, right? the campaign is still releasing in December? this is awesome bc BF2042 and Vanguard are pretty bad. I havent played Halo MP since 3. 

As for the campaign, I still havent played Halo 5. Not sure why, but I recall that something about it turned me off and made not even want to play. I was hoping to run through the campaign quick before Infinite came out, but Im not even sure I need to. Thoughts? 

Halo 5 is the only game I didn’t finish and it didn’t have the story/levels design that kept me entertained. Plus the AI teammates were just terrible and were of no help. Even multiplayer was only so-so, but the early flight tests of the few levels given WAS AWESOME! The grappling hook is a great addition to gameplay and can’t wait to see what fun custom maps/gameplay is created around it. 

just wish my download speed were more consistent, as I just passed 50%. Gone as low at 7mb and then jump to 70/80s on my Bell Fibe wifi connection

9 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I don't like the gunplay in Halo 5. It's too floaty. The campaign/story is also boring/lame.

We'll see if I like the gunplay in this but imo 343 doesn't have the same feel as Bungie. I like reach but Bungie still responsible for the feel of that game.

I like D2 overall but they went nuts with the grinding. Gameplay/gunplay/feel wise it's awesome though.

27 minutes ago, Patatat said:

We'll see if I like the gunplay in this but imo 343 doesn't have the same feel as Bungie. I like reach but Bungie still responsible for the feel of that game.

Bungie isn't just responsible for the feel of Reach, they're responsible for all of it :p 

• Like 1

Won 2/4 games and played decently which I'll take! 

I'm definitely going to have to learn these new weapons, but I'm pretty happy with the feel of the pistol and AR.

Still need to play a lot more for a full opinion, but so far this feels solid! I might finally play a MP shooter again!

11 minutes ago, Brick said:

Wait is this the full build of the multiplayer or just a beta? 

Beta, but my first few games felt like a game that is shippable. Very impressed so far

My aim just seems so off at times, and then I remember how much I suck at this game at times. I seem to fair better in BTB right now as I feel some of my kills are vulture like. In that someone did maybe most of the heavy lifting and I got last *tap**tap* in. It’s amazing how fucking good some of these players are already at the game.