Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think the needler is pretty good. The mangler is like the spread shot ricochet gun thing? Those are the only things I've tried other the BR and the plasma pistol. I think having the weapons sitting on the wall make you forget to pick them up instead of them just sitting out on the map.

Ravager is the spread shot (scatter shot), mangler I only found in the bot mode it’s looks like a mauler from H3. 

Finally just played some practice rounds where you get 5 Grapples right from the get go. My gawd can this add some strategy to gaming. Finally zipped myself into someone for a beat down, but kind of wish you could fire a weapon at the same time while reeling yourself in. This is a good sign for me that they seem to know what the hell they are doing for PvP. Finally got my hand on the “shotgun” and man it might as well fire beanbags with the damage it causes

47 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That was awesome!

The crazy shit I have already seen people post with the grapple or repulser has been nothing but pure insanity. I hope they make the grapple a default in some game modes because I wanna see crazy shit like above happen more often. . . even if I’m the victim.

BTB is pretty fun. I only had time to play 3 matches. 2 were CTF and the other one was the zone capture thing. I think I prefer the zone capture thing.

This one was a little buggier. I spawned inside a rock when I joined a game for the first tme and the game crashed another time.

Whatever that jet that spawns is, I think it's broken. I couldn't aim at all.

As for the rest, it was fun. @legendsaid small games are better but even though this was bigger it still felt kind of the same. I guess the engagements I had were just small scale.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

BTB is pretty fun. I only had time to play 3 matches. 2 were CTF and the other one was the zone capture thing. I think I prefer the zone capture thing.

This one was a little buggier. I spawned inside a rock when I joined a game for the first tme and the game crashed another time.

Whatever that jet that spawns is, I think it's broken. I couldn't aim at all.

As for the rest, it was fun. @legendsaid small games are better but even though this was bigger it still felt kind of the same. I guess the engagements I had were just small scale.

That's good to hear.

If the map scales in size so that it's smaller groups in contact at a time, big can be "okay" but one of the best things about Halo 4v4 was the small squad strategy that determined victory and unless you have a lot of online friends you know well who are all available, it's much harder to do that in bigger games.

Me and @ARZ had a blast playing BTB the other day. I haven't been into Halo's multiplayer for a couple of games now but this has me excited. So excited that I downloaded the Master Chief collection and started Reach last night. Looking to marathon all of the Halo games before the new one drops, as is my long time tradition. 20 years with this fucking series... geesh!

37 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Me and @ARZ had a blast playing BTB the other day. I haven't been into Halo's multiplayer for a couple of games now but this has me excited. So excited that I downloaded the Master Chief collection and started Reach last night. Looking to marathoon all of the Halo games before the new one drops, as is my long time tradition. 20 years with this fucking series... geesh!

I think the most exciting this is it will be free for everyone so people around here might actually have a chance to play against each other. When halo 5 came about however many years ago perhaps such commitments were harder since everyone had to own the game (I did, I just never played it :p )

The multiplayer seems to be in an amazing spot right now.  Has really got me hyped more for campaign the more I play.  Everything just feels so right from a gameplay perspective.

Also, the types of maps and races and other things people will come up with in Forge focused around the Grapple are gonna be pretty fun to watch for.  They've added a lot of pieces to the sandbox this time around that can create some pretty cool moments and opportunities, and Forge will bring that all out.

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

The multiplayer seems to be in an amazing spot right now.  Has really got me hyped more for campaign the more I play.  Everything just feels so right from a gameplay perspective.

Also, the types of maps and races and other things people will come up with in Forge focused around the Grapple are gonna be pretty fun to watch for.  They've added a lot of pieces to the sandbox this time around that can create some pretty cool moments and opportunities, and Forge will bring that all out.

Awesome to hear. I'm kinda surprised this is turning out so good tbh. I loved Halo up until Reach then I moved on to Destiny. Maybe this game will bring me back to the series.  🤔 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Honestly the multi-player feels a lot like Destiny to me. 

It sort of does but I could never get into the multiplayer in Destiny. I found the collision and weapon balance a pain, but here I did but pure luck/good shot. I think some of the weapons need to be balanced a bit more. The Rockets seem way under powered and no longer destroy vehicles with direct shots. They need 2 shots to take down and players were still alive after it. Same with the shotgun, as some point blank do nothing sometimes but 10 feet away to the foot LETHAL. The auto assist should be taken off, as it hinders gameplay. Took it off tonight and I was double digits kills and multi-kill medals going my way. Oh, and Plasma Pistol overcharge doesn’t disable vehicles anymore. The sound designer deserves a medal for the guns. Especially that Spartan variety with its beefy booming barrels. When they get forge up and running, we are going to see some weird, fun and wild shit. 

Hopefully they do another beta with balanced weapons people demand from these flights, and stronger working servers. Some lag in games or long time to get into one and stay in one. 

35 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Was the performance on PC “meh” for anyone else?

Worked well for me.

I did notice there was a minimum and maximum framerate thing. If you put minimum at 30 and max at 60 it would run like at 55 fps but if you put the minimum at 60 and max above it would run at 60

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Worked well for me.

I did notice there was a minimum and maximum framerate thing. If you put minimum at 30 and max at 60 it would run like at 55 fps but if you put the minimum at 60 and max above it would run at 60

I set the minimum fps thing to off, as I assumed that dynamically changes the resolution 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Minimum framerate options are typically the same as dynamic resolution/details, aren’t they?

Not from what I've seen. Generally a game has a dynamic resolution option and max frame rate option separate.

(Typically  it's rare to see a minimum option so I was surprised to see it in this game)

9 hours ago, silentbob said:

It sort of does but I could never get into the multiplayer in Destiny. I found the collision and weapon balance a pain, but here I did but pure luck/good shot. I think some of the weapons need to be balanced a bit more. The Rockets seem way under powered and no longer destroy vehicles with direct shots. They need 2 shots to take down and players were still alive after it. Same with the shotgun, as some point blank do nothing sometimes but 10 feet away to the foot LETHAL. The auto assist should be taken off, as it hinders gameplay. Took it off tonight and I was double digits kills and multi-kill medals going my way. Oh, and Plasma Pistol overcharge doesn’t disable vehicles anymore. The sound designer deserves a medal for the guns. Especially that Spartan variety with its beefy booming barrels. When they get forge up and running, we are going to see some weird, fun and wild shit. 

Hopefully they do another beta with balanced weapons people demand from these flights, and stronger working servers. Some lag in games or long time to get into one and stay in one. 

I honestly didn't have any of these problems and I think the weapon balance is pretty well done. EVERY weapon I tried seemed useful and I was getting kills woth all of them and I'm not a great Halo player at all. In fact, I think all my time with Destiny made me better at this game because when I first started it up, I was surprised by how natural everything felt to me even though I hadn't touched a Halo game in years. I realized it was because I had put a TON of time into Destiny and this game just "feels" more like Destiny to me than a classic Halo game. My suspicions were confirmed when I started Reach this weekend and had to adjust to the subtle difference in feel between Reach and Halo infinite. Halo infinite is a faster playing game, like Destiny, much faster than classic Halo games. Almost every match I played I had a positive KDR or at least broke even.

I didn't have any server or lag issues at all and @ARZ and I jumped in and out of servers pretty quickly although with how many people were probably playing this weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if there were server issues. 

The sound design in this game is AMAZING by the way... they really did a great job. Halo's 4 and 5 are two of the weakest entries in the series for me so hopefully this game is a return to greatness. Judging by how much fun I had with the multiplayer (not even what I play Halo games for) I'm really looking forward to this in December... probably my most anticipated game this season.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Not from what I've seen. Generally a game has a dynamic resolution option and max frame rate option separate.

(Typically  it's rare to see a minimum option so I was surprised to see it in this game)

How would a minimum framerate option keep a minimum framerate without dynamically changing resolution and/or graphical settings?

Halo Infinite's multiplayer is secretly a comedy (Eurogamer)

I have a lot of nostalgia for Bungie's classic Halo games, they're great. I loved the epic music, the funny alien grunts, and playing co-op campaign was pretty much the only time seven-year-old-me wouldn't argue with my siblings. Despite all of this, it was always the series' multiplayer that was so enduring. A lot has been said about the brilliance of Bungie's Halo multiplayer: the incredible level design, the unique suite of vehicles, the perfectly balanced weapons. But, for me, it was just a good laugh. Halo's physics-driven sandbox led to some irreplicable moments that still make this nerd smile inside, a decade after playing. So, when I saw fans proclaiming that Halo Infinite's multiplayer is a return to form for the series, my first question was, "Is it funny?"

The first thing 343 had to get right was the sandbox - were Halo's iconic guns, grenades, abilities, maps and vehicles fun, and more importantly did they all interact with each other? A physics-driven sandbox in the past led to moments where a grenade you threw would accidentally hit a teammate and bounce right back into your face... oops. Or it would allow you to do things like fire a rocket into a gravity lift, have it fly all the way to the top and kill whoever was unfortunate enough to be waiting up there. Even using the gravity hammer to send vehicles flying off the map was enough to elicit a chuckle. Moments like these were so fun because they were unexpected. These weren't features that were advertised, and most of the weird physics tricks you could pull off were only useful in certain situations. This meant every time something goofy happened it was a shock and a discovery.

mzVeiv2CixdadNathoFbeE-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

A few days with Halo Infinite Big Team battle has made the wait for December harder than ever

With a few delays under its belt and the still-worrying news that campaign co-op and Forge won't launch until six to nine months after release, the recent Halo Infinite multiplayer test weekend had a lot to accomplish. With Big Team Battle the franchise's core IP, this weekend had to deliver large-scale battles that retain the perfect pandemonium of previous games while showing off new weapons and equipment - and boy did it do just that. Halo Infinite's Big Team Battle is perfect in every way. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Competitive Settings Reveal

HaloInfinite_PC_Hero_Image_JPG.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Almost two years ago, 343 Industries and Xbox embarked on a journey to bring the entirety of Halo: The Master Chief Collection to the PC on the Microsoft Store and Steam. After 23 months, six game launches, eight seasons of content and countless flights, 343 Industries and Halo have entered a new era of play […]

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: PC Overview
36 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

HaloInfinite_PC_Hero_Image_JPG.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Almost two years ago, 343 Industries and Xbox embarked on a journey to bring the entirety of Halo: The Master Chief Collection to the PC on the Microsoft Store and Steam. After 23 months, six game launches, eight seasons of content and countless flights, 343 Industries and Halo have entered a new era of play […]