Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Verlon Roberts looks like he should be playing Agent 47 in a Hitman movie.

hitman-tv-series-social.png
COLLIDER.COM

John Wick creator Derek Kolstad talks about the long-gestating Hitman TV series, which will introduce Agent 47 with a full head of hair.

• Sad 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: "Audio Evolved" Inside Infinite - March 2021 Update
  • 5 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:
blogthumb-8d9db02d40a84546a10d87a97507f8
WWW.HALOWAYPOINT.COM

Crossplay, super ultrawide, triple keybinds, and so much more – Halo Infinite on PC is being built from the ground up with the platform's strengths in mind. Read about the team's vision and what PC players can expect in our latest Inside Infinite.

I'll have to read this tomorrow. Thanks for posting it.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: "Power to the PCs" Inside Infinite - April 2021 Update
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: "Peek Design" Canon Fodder update
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

With this multiplayer being free and the recent change to allow players who don't have XBL Gold to play free multiplayer games, I could see more people than ever playing this game.

I believe that was their goal from the start, if the early rumblings were true. Makes sense considering Warzone, Fortnite and other massive free multiplayer games do it and will just make their money in all the weapon/vehicle skins and various armour colour/design schemes. 

39 minutes ago, The def star said:

So they are doing the thing Giant Bomb talked about the other day with battle passes. When you buy a battle pass in Infinite it doesn't have an expiration date. So you will be able to finish it at your own pace which is pretty cool. 

And you can buy old Battle Passes whenever you'd like as well.  It's an interesting take, and one that solves the issue of making the Battle Passes feel like a job at times.

I do think there is something to the idea that you got something unique though, that can't be earned otherwise for Special Events or something else.

Either way seems like they are making all the right moves.

Now just give me a good BR and Valorant type game mode and I'm set.

43 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I think they said they’re done right?  As in, Halo 5 is off the table.

For the MCC? Sure I wouldn't expect 5 to get added to it, but even standalone there's no Halo 5 on PC, meaning I'd be missing out on one game (even if I know it's supposed to be the worst in the series). 

I haven't gotten into a Halo mulitplayer for a long time but I'm definitely going to give Infinite a go.

As someone who doesn't care about customization options, the battle pass probably isn't for me, but I think they're making the right moves. Knowing exactly what you need to do to get a thing without having any kind of loot box is really great.

It certainly seems like the kind of game I could get into for a bit and return to whenever I feel like it or whenever a friend wants to pick it up.

Infinite continues not to look technically very impressive, but it does look like a lot of fun.

3 hours ago, Brick said:

For the MCC? Sure I wouldn't expect 5 to get added to it, but even standalone there's no Halo 5 on PC, meaning I'd be missing out on one game (even if I know it's supposed to be the worst in the series). 

Yeah. "Missing out" isn't a phrase i would necessarily use.

For real, Halo 5's story is terrible and the gameplay is just a series of horde modes strung together by empty hallways.

Even if you did have access to the game you'd still be better off watching a recap video.

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I haven't gotten into a Halo mulitplayer for a long time but I'm definitely going to give Infinite a go.

As someone who doesn't care about customization options, the battle pass probably isn't for me, but I think they're making the right moves. Knowing exactly what you need to do to get a thing without having any kind of loot box is really great.

It certainly seems like the kind of game I could get into for a bit and return to whenever I feel like it or whenever a friend wants to pick it up.

Infinite continues not to look technically very impressive, but it does look like a lot of fun.

This nails my feelings. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update: Multiplayer Overview

I've spoken on my gripes about Halo Reach - 5's gameplay issues before so I won't touch on that much.

If there is one stark difference between Bungie and 343i its that 343i has awful art design, sound design, and atmosphere.

Lets have an awful yellow hexagonal screen overlay whenever your shield is recharging and while you have overshield active. Lets take that same awful hexagon shape and put it all over Zeta Halo and make it the under armor on our spartans. Better yet lets just put it everywhere, looks cool right? Even halowaypoint.com has it all over the screen.

Spartan Chatter was not looked upon favorably in Halo 5 and it seems like the personal AI is just a variation of the same thing. I thought it was cool you could switch from Jeff Steitzer to Nathan Fillion or whoever voiced 031 Exuberant Witness so I hope its more in line with that and not Spartan Chatter. I'm fairly confident in saying that the pistol will be the starting weapon and it sounds like an airsoft gun.

Battle Pass is cool, Pretty much every battle pass at this point has FOMO issues and this is a unique take on it. They've been doing it with MCC for awhile now, you gain points by completing objectives every week in PvE or PvP as well as having seasonal.  You can put the points in whatever you want, current season, last season, or the first.

Bots are cool I guess? I really liked the bots in Perfect Dark back in the day because they were actually hard. If its just literally a training ground type of thing then meh.

• 2 weeks later...
infiniteconceptart1-blogthumb-9fd21df4eb
WWW.HALOWAYPOINT.COM

In this month’s edition, we’re fortunate to be joined by some members of the Live Team, and a whole crew from the Halo Waypoint Team. Hear more intel on what's to come once Halo Infinite arrives from the team you heard from in the Multiplayer Overview, then get a good look at your Spartan's digital home away from home courtesy of the Halo Waypoint team.

23 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

resetera-brandmark.png?_v=92b3d4c7
WWW.RESETERA.COM

He was a guest at Dropped Frames and was asked about

Halo Infinite has no date because Microsoft is waiting for CoD to announce its date and will decide after it’s known 

Lol man how Halo has fallen. It should be the other way around. 

• 3 weeks later...