Halo Infinite - Information Thread, update (01/15/24): Certain Affinity's battle royale project reportedly cancelled, UE5-based campaign project in development since 2022

JPDunks4

A small delay like that to Battlefield would be fine. Mid to late November would probably be acceptable to EA, but I don't see them delaying it until 2022, even if maybe they should. Bad Company 2 came out in March of 2010, and from what I recall launched pretty well. Maybe March should be the Battlefield month, but EA wants those holiday sales. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

A small delay like that to Battlefield would be fine. Mid to late November would probably be acceptable to EA, but I don't see them delaying it until 2022, even if maybe they should. Bad Company 2 came out in March of 2010, and from what I recall launched pretty well. Maybe March should be the Battlefield month, but EA wants those holiday sales. 

I'd prefer more polish and a release of March 22. Just hold back any games that need polish and blame it on covid. Next year and 2023 will be busy.

27 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
fmrbxRPCfhXBc3X3LF8LJV-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Grapple, punch, repeat.

DIdn't read the article, but the Grapple is a Special Equipment with limited charges that you need to pick up.  In this "Training" mode you spawn with it so its easy to mess around with.  In game though it shouldn't be as prevalent, unless they change its usage and allow you to spawn with it.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No one is playing Halo Infinite for the visuals.

I'm just curious if it now looks "next-gen" since the delay etc. I understand your point.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Looks good

Reveal hidden contents

I mean this screenshot won't impress but I mean it looks good in motion. :p

Thank you 

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm just curious if it now looks "next-gen" since the delay etc. I understand your point.

Thank you 

It's a game that prioritizes framerates, as it runs 120fps.  Mutliplayer also isn't a good place to judge visuals, as you don't want all the fancy looking stuff there, you want clean maps with clear sight lines, ect. 

Won't be able to judge Halo visuals til the campaign really.

It looks and plays great though for a multiplayer game.  If the gunplay, movement, and smoothness translates to the campaign its gonna be a good time exploring that world.

• Thanks 1

Ok I just finished playing this for about an hour and a half and I’m loving it right now. Loving the beefy realistic sound for the weapons, slides and ambient sounds of the environment. Feels faster pace compare to past games in the series and close to almost a Call of Duty in pace, but still feels like Halo. Like the credits you get for playing/using off the bat right away, but don’t like the colour schemes via Destiny like shades you need to purchase. Still early and I guess, things can change for the final product, but I can’t wait to see Big Team battles happen next week. 

Played a little more tonight and like last time with headphones. I had some weed beforehand but I got pretty spooked with my first shot of the Sniper Rifle. Holy Shit does it sound loud as hell and now believe that a leg shot from this in game could kill you. Still haven’t gotten my grapple yet but I’m off tomorrow and plan to play some more. (after I harvest a plant tomorrow) 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Put some time in both vs bots and people. Pretty fun.

I think some people might not like how you have to unlock armor colors now though.

Also, pistol might be op.

I, uh, think this edges out Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach pistol, I definitely wouldn't consider OP. The AR literally has the same range as the pistol and if you don't perfect with the pistol you pretty much lost the fight.

The needler is not good, the shotgun is ridiculously under-powered, I have no idea what the shock rifle is suppose to do, the ravager is surprisingly fun, didn't use the mangler (why is this just not called it mauler) enough, the skewer is a worse version of the binary rifle. BR > Commando > Pistol > AR.

That said, I put in a good 15 hours. This is not the game for me and its not what I want out of a Halo so I will be passing on the multiplayer. Destiny 2 (PvP/Trials) is a better successor to Halo than Infinite. I don't think I'm even going to buy the campaign, I'll just pay for a month of game pass.

• Sad 1