~Official 2020 Congressional and State Races Thread~

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Supreme Court got rid of the pre-clearance provision... what can the Dems do with THIS court which is even MORE conservative than the one that got rid of the provision in the first place?

They tossed preclearance based on the idea that the states subject to them were kind of arbitrarily chosen. If we take a step back it's obvious that there are states now that should be subject to preclearance but weren't; I think it would be fine to simply reinstate it for all states. 

Just now, Anathema- said:

They tossed preclearance based on the idea that the states subject to them were kind of arbitrarily chosen. If we take a step back it's obvious that there are states now that should be subject to preclearance but weren't; I think it would be fine to simply reinstate it for all states. 

That's the rationale they chose... but it wasn't true. The states that were subject to preclearance absolutely deserved to be subject to it.

This was barely on page 27 when I went to bed. I hate you all for making me read 10 pages between sets at the gym. Also, I love you all :kiss:

9 hours ago, Uaarkson said:

I hope Trump dies of a heart attack during tonight’s Twitter rampage. On the toilet.

No. Trump does not deserve to go out basically the same way as Elvis. :talkhand:

8 hours ago, Jason said:

FAKE NEWS gotta sink hundreds of millions more into turds like McGrath

image.png

Seriously. Any Dem who truly thought the former should just commit seppuku. :p 

Republicans turn on Trump after Georgia loss

“Trump is the cause of this, lock, stock and barrel,” said one Republican strategist. “But when you’re relying on someone to win you a Senate race that also lost statewide eight weeks prior, you’re not in a position of strength.”

“He is the Dems’ best base animator,” said one GOP strategist involved in the Georgia races. “Look at how high turnout was on their side compared to historical trends. Look at how much their candidates raised. He steps back after Election Day and denies them that oxygen. He didn’t.”

Inject this straight into my veins

:feelsrona:

• Haha 1

Just now, osxmatt said:

I know Joe Manchin is getting all the attention, but any bets on other Democratic senators who are going to relish being the “deciding” swing vote?

My money is on Feinstein immediately pulling a Ted Kennedy.