RIP in Peace, Mixer

6 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Then they removed the ability to browse random streamers. The only way to find someone was to search for their username or just search by game. If someone was playing an obscure game and had few to no followers, the chances of being discovered by anyone were astronomically small.

Actually I did this the other day because I wanted to find a game and you can't search by game but it gave you the option of using old Mixer and did that and you could browse that way.

PS I found the only guy who was streaming DOTA 2 on Mixer. Amazing!

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

It's unfortunate, i liked the early days of Mixer. MS fucked it up by doing all that Mixer Partner bullshit and only featuring the same relative handful of people on the front page. Then they removed the ability to even leave the first page.

Then they removed the ability to browse random streamers. The only way to find someone was to search for their username or just search by game. If someone was playing an obscure game and had few to no followers, the chances of being discovered by anyone were astronomically small.

People moved from Twitch to Mixer to have a better chance of gaining a following, and then MS slowly started removing all of the avenues they had to gain viewers. If you weren't a mixer partner by the time they started narrowing their focus, you weren't gonna be.

The money they spent on Shroud and Ninja could've been invested in up-and-coming streamers, but instead was kind of an extra 'fuck you' to the people that had been there from the start. It's no wonder the service failed.

That - 100%

4 hours ago, ARZ said:

I tried to "pin to home" today but it's not possible. I'd love to be able to do that to apps, not just games.

Pin Mixer to home? It's pretty much permapinned you just go down a page on the dash.

Anything else you can pin. Push the Xbox buttons and you see all your pins

1 hour ago, HGLatinBoy said:

They must've been bleeding money because I assumed that MS wanted Ninja to help promote Halo Infinite and Mixer together, since he used to be a Halo pro player. 

Wow, yeah I forgot about that. I remember that being mentioned a lot when he went Mixer exclusive. 

MS made a bad move with Facebook Gaming. Thats the absolute last place I would ever go to watch people stream games. And if I'm being totally honest, I don't think I even knew Facebook had a streaming service until this news. 

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I have all my streaming apps pinned.

@Mercury33is right you are a noob

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Told you. Noob central over there in ARZ land

You dumbasses don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, you can pin it to a folder, like the "Pins" folder....but you CAN NOT pin it to the main dashboard like "Xbox Gold", "Xbox GamePass" or "Store".

Mixer is already pinned there, but that doesn't do fuck-all on July 22nd. I want to remove that and put Twitch in it's place.

36 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Wow, yeah I forgot about that. I remember that being mentioned a lot when he went Mixer exclusive. 

MS made a bad move with Facebook Gaming. Thats the absolute last place I would ever go to watch people stream games. And if I'm being totally honest, I don't think I even knew Facebook had a streaming service until this news. 

Apparently Facebook games had more people than mixer, this whole thing is fucking stupid, and very poorly marketed, they did not even push it like crazy on xbox.