Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SaysWho?

It’s About Time for a brand-wumping new #CrashBandicoot game! 🤪 Crash fourward into a time-shattering adventure in Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It’s About Time. Available October 2, 2020 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Pre-Order Now.

MORE INFORMATION HERE: http://www.crashbandicoot.com/crash4

Neo Cortex and N. Tropy are back at it again and launching an all-out assault on not just this universe, but the entire multiverse! Crash and Coco are here to save the day by reuniting the Four Quantum masks and bending the rules of reality.

New abilities? Check. More playable characters? Yep. Alternate dimensions? Obviously. Ridonkulous bosses? For sure. Same awesome sauce? You bet your sweet jorts. Wait, are they actually jorts? Not in this universe!

Really evoking the PS1 era with that song choice. :lol:

I got the N-Sane Collection from a Humble Bundle at some point. I need to go back and try those games again. I was a big fan back in the day, but I'm not sure if I'm still into that kind of platformer. 

29 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I was one of many who bought the Remasters/Remakes. :p 

I was also glad to buy the Crash trilogy, though I was always more of a Spyro fan.

I guess it was inevitable that they would label this Crash 4 to attempt to capitalize on the good will of the trilogy, but this franchise has been run into the ground so hard that, short of being developed by Naughty Dog themselves, I am not sure why I should see this as anything special.

25 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Really evoking the PS1 era with that song choice. :lol:

I got the N-Sane Collection from a Humble Bundle at some point. I need to go back and try those games again. I was a big fan back in the day, but I'm not sure if I'm still into that kind of platformer. 

I’ve been playing the first game (in N-Sane) through slowly this summer.  I’m quite happy just to do a few levels a day then move on to some other game.  I’ll beat all three of them eventually.

6 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I was also glad to buy the Crash trilogy, though I was always more of a Spyro fan.

I guess it was inevitable that they would label this Crash 4 to attempt to capitalize on the good will of the trilogy, but this franchise has been run into the ground so hard that, short of being developed by Naughty Dog themselves, I am not sure why I should see this as anything special.

Wasn’t the series supposed to veer off a cliff after the PSX games screwing with the formula?  That’s what I’ve heard at least.  With the exception of a GBA game or something.

I think they’re right about it being 10 years.  I don’t see any problem going back now with a spiritual sequel to the good ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get ready to Crash into a new universe 🌀 with the #Crash4 Demo 🤪 3 Levels. 2 Playable Characters. 1 N. Sane time-bending demo! Play as Crash in - Snow Way Out and Dino Dash 🦖 Then play as Cortex in an alternate timeline of Snow Way Out. Pre-Order digitally and get access to the #Crash4 Demo, available September 16, 2020.